Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

Canada is dominating the play, but only leads by 1-0 after one.

The more I watch Canada the more convinced I am that they are a bunch of superstars who don't play as a team. They have started 35 shots on net after on period with 15 hitting. They're whole strategy is just to dominate the offensive zone. Against Germany it's working.

Did anyone see that Shea Weber goal? Wow.... now that's what i call a "blast". His shot went right through the net. After review, they allowed it.

Doesn't seem possible that the puck could go through the netting without tearing it, but it did. There was no doubt that was a goal.

Latvia coming from two down to force OT against the Czechs! Latvia's goaltender has been awesome; has more saves than Miller had against Canada.

Edit: Krejci ends it in OT for the Czechs. It was almost ended by the Latvians 5 seconds into OT when a puck went off of Vokoun, off the boards and hit Vokoun in the pads. It missed going in by just inches.

8-2 Canada. Gelling at the right time?

I stand by my assessment. Canada isn't playing together as a team yet. They started 86 shots at the net last night. 86!!!! 39 actually made it on net. Their ability to hit the net is as bad as I have ever seen. Even Doc was joking about calling all shots "wide". Sooner or later, if you fire that many shots, some will go in. The Germans were pathetic in that game. I imagine the 82-0 Slovakia over Bulgaria rout looked a lot like that game except Slovakia women can hit the net.

All that game did was pad the Canadian stats.

OTOH: If Babcock breaks up Crosby-Ignlia he's a fool. That line is truly rolling.

I've been impressed with Doc and Eddie. Amazes me they can go from calling one game into the next without missing a beat. Probably doesn't get any harder broadcast-wise to go from Russia-Czech, to Canada-US, to Sweden-Finland. Then follow that up with Belarus-Swiss, Canada-Germany, Latvia-Czech. The names are pretty darn difficult on some of those teams and to my untrained ear, sounds like they are pronoucing them all like true professionals.

They were calling it Super Sunday.. Well what are they going to call today, Wild and Wooly Wednesday?

I'm hoping TEAM USA continues to play beyond hard, because that is the reason they beat Canada. Kesler's goal at the end of the game against Canada sums up it perfectly. I hope Team USA doesn't have a "Beat Canada hangover," in today's game against the Switzerland. Switzerland almost beat Canada, and they have Jonas Hiller as their goalie. He is very good.

As a side note, what makes me mad is Team USA is playing at 3 p.m. Eastern today. Most people will be at work! Damn Canadians... :lol: Just a little sarcasm.

I'm hoping TEAM USA continues to play beyond hard, because that is the reason they beat Canada. Kesler's goal at the end of the game against Canada sums up it perfectly. I hope Team USA doesn't have a "Beat Canada hangover," in today's game against the Switzerland. Switzerland almost beat Canada, and they have Jonas Hiller as their goalie. He is very good.

As a side note, what makes me mad is Team USA is playing at 3 p.m. Eastern today. Most people will be at work! Damn Canadians... :lol: Just a little sarcasm.

Anyone else getting a kick out of how foolish the Canadien fans are looking, I wonder what the rest of the Hockey loving world thinks about theyre actions and such...I will never forget the interviews with the girl at the US Can game..Why do you hate the USA so much..Her qoute was" When we poop our sewage goes south to the US"..I hope they get whacked tonight..lol.

They were calling it Super Sunday.. Well what are they going to call today, Wild and Wooly Wednesday?

Today is an amazing hockey day. There are FOUR potentially great games:

USA-Switzerland -- the Swiss have Hiller in net and won't go quietly.

Canada-Russia -- no need to say any more

Finland-Czech -- Finland has Kiprusoff, Selanne, both Koivus, both Ruutus, Jokinen and Lydman; Czech has Vokoun, Kaberle, Jagr, Elias, Plekanec, Michalek, Havlat, Erat, Krejci.

Sweden-Slovakia -- won't start until after midnight EST -- this is only the defending champion, with Lundy in goal having recorded 2 shutouts already, plus the Sedins, Backstrom, Alfie, Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Tallinder (#4 in ice time among the Swedish defensemen), against a team with Halak in net, Chara, Hossa, Gaborik, Demitra, Jurcina, Sekera.

If I didn't have to work (and was able to stay awake until 3 AM), I'd watch all 4.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Anyone else getting a kick out of how foolish the Canadien fans are looking, I wonder what the rest of the Hockey loving world thinks about theyre actions and such...I will never forget the interviews with the girl at the US Can game..Why do you hate the USA so much..Her qoute was" When we poop our sewage goes south to the US"..I hope they get whacked tonight..lol.

Growing up in WNY, this is an attitude I have experienced with them many times. For two countries that are joined by land, history and have so many things in common this attitude makes me shake my head and also root against them.

Today is an amazing hockey day. There are FOUR potentially great games:

USA-Switzerland -- the Swiss have Hiller in net and won't go quietly.

Canada-Russia -- no need to say any more

Finland-Czech -- Finland has Kiprusoff, Selanne, both Koivus, both Ruutus, Jokinen and Lydman; Czech has Vokoun, Kaberle, Jagr, Elias, Plekanec, Michalek, Havlat, Erat, Krejci.

Sweden-Slovakia -- won't start until after midnight EST -- this is only the defending champion, with Lundy in goal having recorded 2 shutouts already, plus the Sedins, Backstrom, Alfie, Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Tallinder (#4 in ice time among the Swedish defensemen), against a team with Halak in net, Chara, Hossa, Gaborik, Demitra, Jurcina, Sekera.

If I didn't have to work (and was able to stay awake until 3 AM), I'd watch all 4.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

+1, excellant post and lets keep it going, USA, USA , USA, USA, USA, don't think I can pull a 3am'er for Sweden-Slovakia but I am feeling a little ill right now and am clearing my calendar for this afternoon because I'm postive the illness will peak about 2:45pm so I will leave sick but may miraculously recover to meet prearranged with one of my buds at a sports bar about 3:30ish to catch the bulk of USA's game. Heck I haven't had a sick day in several years and olympics only come around every 4. I was due for an olympic flu. I got this nasty rasp that sounds like, USA, USA, USA, USA......

I have no idea where to post this, but it was one of the funniest exchanges I've ever had. Yesterday I was in 7-11 and another customer noticed my Sabres hat:

Other guy: Buffalo Sabres? Are they still in existence?

Me: Yeah, first place right now. (I completely forgot that they actually aren't)

OG: Oh, I really don't pay attention to the NHL anymore.

Me: Have you been watching the Olympics at all?

OG: Yeah, that US-Canada game was amazing.

Me: Yeah, the US goalie plays for the Sabres.

OG: Really? I had no idea he was an American.

At that point I couldn't control the laughter.

I have no idea where to post this, but it was one of the funniest exchanges I've ever had. Yesterday I was in 7-11 and another customer noticed my Sabres hat:

Me: Yeah, first place right now. (I completely forgot that they actually aren't)

He had no idea the goaltender for the American team was American?

You should have done this (at the :45 mark) to him immediately, paid for your purchase, and then calmly exited the store.

;)

LOL. Thats funny.

Interesting, makes me wonder how watched these Olympics really are here in US. For me and my circle we talk about it a bit every day but for the majority and people like PA I wonder if they can even spell Olympics'.

alert for grammer n#a#z#i#'s: extra apostrophes on purpose because I can feel the love from your thought's, to your keyboards', all just for me...

That is pretty funny... can't figure out what makes me scratch my head more...

the fact that he thought being the Sabres goalie automatically made him American

Or the goalie playing for America was American...

I have to wonder if after he thought it about it, he wanted to kick his own a$$

That is pretty funny... can't figure out what makes me scratch my head more...

the fact that he thought being the Sabres goalie automatically made him American

Or the goalie playing for America was American...

I have to wonder if after he thought it about it, he wanted to kick his own a$$

I think he meant he had no idea the Sabres' goalie was American. And no, that wasn't me in the 7-11.

I think he meant he had no idea the Sabres' goalie was American. And no, that wasn't me in the 7-11.

LOL I liked it better my way :)~

Anyone.....

Is Hiller standing on his head or the shots just not quality? GRRRRRRR I hate that I can't watch nor listen to this game and I'm totally dependent on an update on a website!!

Archived