Darcy and the front office...what a joke!

SabreFan78

What we need is a player who will not accept mediocrity. aka a Drury. I think the team needs a vocal leader... Leading by example Is nice, but with Briere and Drury we had two guys who would get in your face. I miss Briere and Drury. Sorry, just had a moment.. Anyway, moving on, someone needs to step up this year, it's clear they're not bringing in a guy who can help, so someone needs to put the team on his back and if someone falls short they need to hear it.

What we need is a player who will not accept mediocrity. aka a Drury. I think the team needs a vocal leader... Leading by example Is nice, but with Briere and Drury we had two guys who would get in your face. I miss Briere and Drury. Sorry, just had a moment.. Anyway, moving on, someone needs to step up this year, it's clear they're not bringing in a guy who can help, so someone needs to put the team on his back and if someone falls short they need to hear it.

your right man. The sabres have to many players that go hot then cold for too long a.k.a roy,pominville. In the 07-08 season near the end it seemed like pominville was finally taking a step up to the leadder ship role after a less then par 08-09 season i wanna see how pominville reacts

Since when were Drury and Briere players who would get in your face? If anything D + B were just as quiet in the locker room as Rivet might have been this year. The only difference being that when we had those two we were riding high on success. We coasted into the playoffs at the end of 06-07 and have only gotten worse from there. This team was losing its heart before those two had even left. All their leaving did was expose a pre-existing problem.

We need to Some how get rid of Hect,Tallinder or Lydman. Like we must be able to get some one decent for those guys?

Really, I doubt we will get "some one decent" for any of them, but what we might get is cap/salary room and a roster spot. Those could be used to bring someone new in either through a FA signing or trading picks/prospects for a proven player. In other words, giving them away for free might still be worth it. The problem is that we may have to take back another team's problem.

Why should Lydman go? He's the best D-man we have left now that Spacek is gone.

I think rivet and sekera ( if we get him back are better) im not saying hes the biggest problem though its just to free up more cap space.

Beside we have a decent set of defencemen.... Rivet, sekera, butler, weber, paestch, Montador, Tyler Myers is almost ready to come up. So we really have no need for tallinder or Lydnman anymore. A puck moving defencemen would be nice

Beside we have a decent set of defencemen.... Rivet, sekera, butler, weber, paestch, Montador, Tyler Myers is almost ready to come up. So we really have no need for tallinder or Lydnman anymore. A puck moving defencemen would be nice

You're preaching veteran leadership a lot in your posts. Would a blueline where Paetsch is the 3rd most experienced raise some red flags for you?

You're preaching veteran leadership a lot in your posts. Would a blueline where Paetsch is the 3rd most experienced raise some red flags for you?

[/quo

No the leader ship doesn't have to be defence it could be any position. Montador kinda already ahs the experience to be a leader and paetch actually puts up good stats when hes in the sabres line up. Not saying he's amazing though.

I think rivet and sekera ( if we get him back are better) im not saying hes the biggest problem though its just to free up more cap space.

I would much rather have Lydman in the lineup than Paetsch. We should be keeping Lydman around if Myers isn't ready. There's no reason to throw away a solid D-man if we don't have to.

No the leader ship doesn't have to be defence it could be any position. Montador kinda already ahs the experience to be a leader and paetch actually puts up good stats when hes in the sabres line up. Not saying he's amazing though.

Would it not be a good idea to have veteran leadership on both ends? Offense and Defense? Someone who can teach the younger players the finer points of their positions (in supplement to positional coaches), rather than simply trying to be a motivator (technically Lindy's job).

Since when were Drury and Briere players who would get in your face? If anything D + B were just as quiet in the locker room as Rivet might have been this year. The only difference being that when we had those two we were riding high on success. We coasted into the playoffs at the end of 06-07 and have only gotten worse from there. This team was losing its heart before those two had even left. All their leaving did was expose a pre-existing problem.

Actually, if you believe the stories coming out of the lockerroom, that's not true.

Drury and Briere approached management before of the '05-'06 season to make sure Satan was sent packing. The 2007 Sports Illustrated story on Drury tells how he chewed out a rookie defenseman for making a bad cross-ice pass in a preseason game. And Drury hung a picture of the Stanley Cup in the lockerroom and made it known that that was the goal for the season coming out of the lockerroom; a small gesture, but the Sabres hadn't been to the playoffs in 4 seasons.

Everything I've heard and read this offseason has led me to believe there will be changes and then there is this:

It will become clear over the next couple of months whether the Sabres feel Myers is ready. General Manager Darcy Regier has said he's trying to make trades, and if a defenseman or two depart, it could mean there's room for Myers.

Linky

I posted this earlier also..Darcy is gonna sink or swim with HIS team

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=155420

Maybe you can come up with some type of tutorial to teach posters like myself how produce the same type of passionless and inane posts you have managed? Over 30,000 of between here and TBD? That's a whole lot of typing not to come up with anything interesting, even by accident.

Whining does not equal passion. Not on the internet or anywhere else.

And I'll let you know the very second I give a flying crap about whether you find anything interesting.

Beside we have a decent set of defencemen.... Rivet, sekera, butler, weber, paestch, Montador, Tyler Myers is almost ready to come up. So we really have no need for tallinder or Lydman anymore. A puck moving defencemen would be nice

I have no problem moving Tallinder as he is nowhere near the player he was in 05-06, but if you think the blueliners you listed(except for maybe Rivet) are all better options than Lydman, you're dreaming.

I have no problem moving Tallinder as he is nowhere near the player he was in 05-06, but if you think the blueliners you listed(except for maybe Rivet) are all better options than Lydman, you're dreaming.

Not sure why everyone is so down on Lydman, maybe guilt by asso. since he is Hank's partner in crime? IIRC Lydman had some solid hits last year and played pretty responsibly. He was at 0 for +/- i believe and had 23 ponits while not really being on any powerplay. His salary isn't high at all. If he plays well in his contract year (which typically occurs) he could be steal for the team.

Not sure why everyone is so down on Lydman, maybe guilt by asso. since he is Hank's partner in crime? IIRC Lydman had some solid hits last year and played pretty responsibly. He was at 0 for +/- i believe and had 23 ponits while not really being on any powerplay. His salary isn't high at all. If he plays well in his contract year (which typically occurs) he could be steal for the team.

I have no problem if the Sabres sign Lydman to a new multi-year deal for around the same pay or slightly higher. The entire blueline can't be manned by the "kiddie corp".

I have no problem if the Sabres sign Lydman to a new multi-year deal for around the same pay or slightly higher. The entire blueline can't be manned by the "kiddie corp".

I agree with this as well. If he were to be locked in now he wouldn't command as high of a raise as he may get next summer on the open market. Of course i may get skewered for saying this.

Really ? Well first you know it starts with the hair...

Linky

Comeon look at that, what's up with that doo, Everyone knows to be a great hockey player you need good hockey hair like a Mullet for instance, business in the front party in the back. Like this guys' Linky2

Second , The name , Toni , now is that a boys name or a girls name ? Everybody knows ya need a good hockey name like Gump Worsly or Toe Blake, to be a real good hockey player :rolleyes:

Need I go on Breadman ?

;)

Linky

Comeon look at that, what's up with that doo, Everyone knows to be a great hockey player you need good hockey hair like a Mullet for instance, business in the front party in the back. Like this guys' Linky2

Second , The name , Toni , now is that a boys name or a girls name ? Everybody knows ya need a good hockey name like Gump Worsly or Toe Blake, to be a real good hockey player :rolleyes:

Need I go on Breadman ?

;)

Yeah, but what about this?

http://www.myspace.com/mononenband

Linky

Need I go on Breadman ?

;)

I will give you the name. Toni with an I is really . On to the issue of the hair maybe he was having a bad hair day that day. Maybe Dieter his stylist was sick in bed with his crohns acting up that day who knows.

Archived