Darcy and the front office...what a joke!

SabreFan78

Here's are chance. Toronto looking to trade kaberle apperently you said you were going to trade for a puck moving defence men so here it is Darcy. Do it. Kaberle for tallinder and lydman we dont need them anymore there just a waste of our cap room. Now sign koivu as a good 3nd or 3rd line center or trade hecht for someone better.

Stop being stupid and make us some moves that will get us to the play offs.

Yeah and I heard that washington wants Dan Paille so lets trade him for Ovechkin!!! Also Calgary wants Gustaud. So lets move him for Iginla!!!

Signing over valued players to contracts way past their prime is being stupid. Kinda where Buffalo is with Hecht and Tallinder.

Do you really think Toronto will take Tallinder and Lydman for Kaberle? If they are a waste of our cap room, why would the Leafs take them?

Exactly. If you want someone of Kaberle ilk, it's going to take Myers or Kassian. No thanks.

Here's are chance. Toronto looking to trade kaberle apperently you said you were going to trade for a puck moving defence men so here it is Darcy. Do it. Kaberle for tallinder and lydman we dont need them anymore there just a waste of our cap room. Now sign koivu as a good 3nd or 3rd line center or trade hecht for someone better.

Welcome to the board, but you didn't get off to a flying start with this post.

Welcome to the board.

Signing over valued players to contracts way past their prime is being stupid. Kinda where Buffalo is with Hecht and Tallinder.

Did you think the contracts were bad when they were signed? Hecht was a terrific player, a real part of The Core. And I expect him to get back to that level again, well close anyway.

haha yeh guess your right but still they gotta get one so its kaberle to get him theyd have to give up a skill player the only free agents i can c the sabres signing if they do is koivu or marc andre bergeron but they wont do that unless they can get rid of tallinder and lydman

That's it IMO. You get some from Rivet, that's why the players picked him last year. You need that leadership, that mentoring from these vet players. No, not Lydman, not Tallinder.

If they're looking at bringing up Myers like they say they are, they need someone who plays that game to mentor him. Pronger said it best in his interview with the press yesterday. Myers can be the Pronger we want him to be but he's not gonna learn shite from tallinder.

Accountability among the players. Someone that has the balls to tell his best friend to get off his sorry ars and play some hockey.

Do we really have the intimate knowledge of the inner sanctum of the Sabres' lockerroom to make blanket statements like this? Who are the leaders? What is leadership? This post sounds suspiciously like North American=leadership, Finland/Sweden=not so much.

Did you think the contracts were bad when they were signed? Hecht was a terrific player, a real part of The Core. And I expect him to get back to that level again, well close anyway.

Slightly. Hecth was a decent complementary player, while playing with Breire and Pommers but without superior talent around him he's barely even JAG. Tallinder was a somewhat decent signing but I'd rather they go after a top shelf D-man to pair with a scrub rather than a bunch of so-so guys.

Regardless whether he helps with their goalie problem, they do have a tendency to beat us/the sabres on a regular basis. Unless we play them in a re-occurring 06-07 playoffs mindset.

We would be lucky to have Kovalev. He'll be deadly on a team that isn't relying on him to be the top dog. He won't see the teams best defensive players. I predict 30+ goals for him this year. He's worth 5 mil a year. According to you people no one in the NHL that makes over 4MM a season backchecks. IT's just not true. The CITIZENS of Montreal held a rally to keep Kovalev.. They didn't do that Koivu. THE CAPTAIN. That's how good Kovalev is. He had what 27 goals last year in a down year? Yeah ok, we don't want that.

And if we play them in a re-occurring 06-07 playoffs mindset I'd cry. Cuz we'd be losing. A lot.

Do we really have the intimate knowledge of the inner sanctum of the Sabres' lockerroom to make blanket statements like this? Who are the leaders? What is leadership? This post sounds suspiciously like North American=leadership, Finland/Sweden=not so much.

Leadership is one thing that is hard to describe or define yet it is easy to point out when it's not there. For far too many games over the past two seasons this team has played games where you thought they showed up t the rink and didn't know they had a game to play. The level of preparedness should fall on the coaches. The unprofessional way these players seemingly approach the game goes to the lack of leadership and the lack of true professionals in the locker room.

There are a lot of highly skilled players on this roster. Besides Rivet, who on this roster could you point out and all you have to say is "that's a hockey player." This team needs to remove some of the flash and dash and just bring in a few "hockey players."

Yes, I did. What is becoming clear is that the top teams have decided to sign their top players to big deals and fill in their roster while Buffalo tried the 20 average guys route and so far they have been wrong.

A player like Hecht does not bring enough more then a $1.5 million player to justify the extra $2 million.

Yes, I did. What is becoming clear is that the top teams have decided to sign their top players to big deals and fill in their roster while Buffalo tried the 20 average guys route and so far they have been wrong.

A player like Hecht does not bring enough more then a $1.5 million player to justify the extra $2 million.

They tried to go deep and fast since the lockout.

But last year they weren't deep or particulary fast either.

Jim Rutherford actually got it right in by the end of the season in Carolina....

haha yeh guess your right but still they gotta get one so its kaberle to get him theyd have to give up a skill player the only free agents i can c the sabres signing if they do is koivu or marc andre bergeron but they wont do that unless they can get rid of tallinder and lydman

Punctuation and grammar are really appreciated here.

Leadership is one thing that is hard to describe or define yet it is easy to point out when it's not there. For far too many games over the past two seasons this team has played games where you thought they showed up t the rink and didn't know they had a game to play. The level of preparedness should fall on the coaches. The unprofessional way these players seemingly approach the game goes to the lack of leadership and the lack of true professionals in the locker room.

There are a lot of highly skilled players on this roster. Besides Rivet, who on this roster could you point out and all you have to say is "that's a hockey player." This team needs to remove some of the flash and dash and just bring in a few "hockey players."

I don't point at Rivet and say anything except, "Disappointing."

I don't point at Rivet and say anything except, "Disappointing."

We've been over this discussion about Rivet being a disappointment, so I'm going to reiterate a post I made a while back.

When Rivet came in people looked to him as a leader. He's not a vocal guy like Mair is though. He's the kind of player who wants to lead by example. He had a tough time of it this season though with his injuries. He tried to fight through those injuries and wound up not playing to his potential. And if he really is the only true leader on the team, it is hard to lead by example when you are physically unable. It might be easier on a team where players feel accountable, but we've all seen the attitude this current roster has. They wont take a tongue lashing from Cappy seriously. And he's not the type to do so anyway.

We shouldn't be sitting here relying on one sole defenseman to be the veteran leadership presence this team needs. I have a hard time blaming anything on Rivet, who despite his best effort, was unable to bring his A-game a good part of the season.

Rivet was the farthest thing from our problem. Infact the reason why we didnt make the play offs last year was the fact that lalime couldnt handle the load when Miller was out hurt. If Milelr didnt get hurt we would of made the play offs im not saying cup or anything but we would of been in

Rivet was the farthest thing from our problem. Infact the reason why we didnt make the play offs last year was the fact that lalime couldnt handle the load when Miller was out hurt. If Milelr didnt get hurt we would of made the play offs im not saying cup or anything but we would of been in

Or maybe the fact that the team hung him out to dry early on in the season, which resulted in his not being used, then being unable to be competitive when the workload fell on him.

He did play some good games. He would have done better with a team that gave a crap playing in front of him though. Which is why Rivet's leadership would have been crucial. And is why this team needs more of it. Because one guy wasn't enough.

Or maybe the fact that the team hung him out to dry early on in the season, which resulted in his not being used, then being unable to be competitive when the workload fell on him.

He did play some good games. He would have done better with a team that gave a crap playing in front of him though. Which is why Rivet's leadership would have been crucial. And is why this team needs more of it. Because one guy wasn't enough.

Which is why last off season was a huge disappointment and why this off season will be unless they follow up. Rivet would have been a great acquisition as one piece of the off season instead of the only move of the entire off season. Just like this year. Nice draft, decent #7 defenseman with grit and toughness. Now the Sabres need to follow it up with more moves for more "hockey players."

Which is why last off season was a huge disappointment and why this off season will be unless they follow up. Rivet would have been a great acquisition as one piece of the off season instead of the only move of the entire off season. Just like this year. Nice draft, decent #7 defenseman with grit and toughness. Now the Sabres need to follow it up with more moves for more "hockey players."

Completely agree. Last off season was one of those "Well, let's see if they can turn it around on their own" situations. Our "star" players didn't come through. This off season needs to make up for gambling and losing with last off season's plan. I have no doubt in my mind that what Darcy did last year was all he planned to do. It just didn't work out. Which is why I would have no problem with Darcy trading away one of our "core" players in order to get some real return.

Sure, Pomminstein or one of our prospects could go on to great success in another system. And we'll all b*tch about it for years to come if it does happen. But we have to realize that giving up a "star" might be this team's only chance at improving itself. Because they didn't get it done last year. And I refuse to believe that they will get it done again this year. They had their chance to try and play real hockey and the wussed out after the first few weeks. Some of them shouldn't be getting another chance here in Buffalo.

I think Montador will be top 4 on the Sabres. He played top 4 minutes on both the Ducks and the Bruins, both of whom are better teams than the Sabres. Having said that, I agree with you that more is needed this offseason. We really need to unload one of the big 3 albatrosses (Hecht, Lydman and Tallinder) and to bring in a top-6 forward who can hit, lead and score.

I think Montador will be top 4 on the Sabres. He played top 4 minutes on both the Ducks and the Bruins, both of whom are better teams than the Sabres. Having said that, I agree with you that more is needed this offseason. We really need to unload one of the big 3 albatrosses (Hecht, Lydman and Tallinder) and to bring in a top-6 forward who can hit, lead and score.

The deal I don't get is Toronto's Beauchemin.

I think folks here are bored with Lydman....but besides the point shot I really can't see how Beauchemin is better.

We'll certainly have a chance to see him more playing in the East.

This talk of last season was "an off season" and a "let's wait and see season" is a bunch of B.S. The 2007 offseason turned this team from a stanley-cup caliber team to a team trying to make the playoffs. Losing our 2 co-captains and failing to get replacements for them (the last 2 seasons) is the reason why we've missed the playoffs. Just getting 1 player is not going to make the difference of getting us back to where we were. Management has failed miserably the last 2 years, they keep expecting Lindy Ruff to turn below average players into superstars.

The deal I don't get is Toronto's Beauchemin.

I think folks here are bored with Lydman....but besides the point shot I really can't see how Beauchemin is better.

We'll certainly have a chance to see him more playing in the East.

I can't get past the thought that it's another one of those inside jobs, Burke bringing in one of his old guys.

Archived