The Music Thread

darksabre

Not the most popular version of this song, but this version is very... earnest.  I guess it should be, since John Denver wrote the song.  And Mama Cass's harmonization in the chorus is sublime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Not the most popular version of this song, but this version is very... earnest.  I guess it should be, since John Denver wrote the song.  And Mama Cass's harmonization in the chorus is sublime.

John Denver is awesome. I just hate this ***** song.

😂

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Storm Thorgerson's death put this documentary in jeopardy of remaining incomplete...

After years of waiting, it was released on a limited theater run in 2023. The digital/BluRay release was last week! 

I highly recommend it for any fan of The Floyd!!! 

Shine on 💔

• Like (+1) 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a two-pack of CDs on Amazon and they came in today:  Bob Seger's Night Moves along with Stranger in Town.  Bob Seger fits in a wonderful niche of rock and roll, storytelling, and country-western (or maybe honky-tonk?) that very few artists do.  I wouldn't call him his own genre or anything, but his music just kind of stimulates a spot in my brain like few other artists.

This is one of those that I think is kind of honky-tonk sounding:

We've Got Tonight from Stranger in Town was the theme for my senior prom.  I always that that was a terrible choice as it's a song about a one night stand but maybe that's the point of a senior prom since so many people are moving on to other things.

Edited by Doohicksie