GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Seems like you only come on when we're losing. Do you post when we're winning?

By the way. I think it was Pominville who had a goal called back because he chested it in. NHL officiating is a joke.

It was Pominville. And it was the right call. Allowing an almost carbon copy play to count tonight exposes the NHL yet again as a garage, or garbage, your pick, league.

I've been one of the big optimists on here, but tonight has really taken the optimism out of me. This was a game they had to win and played well until they dropped the puck for the third period. The defense and the backchecking has been absolutely terrible going back to the Ottawa game. Yes, I realize that mathematically the Sabres are not out of it, but when everyone in front of you keeps on winning and the best Sabres player is injured and doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon, the optimism really begins to wear away.

If the Sabres beat Florida and Atlanta, they can still get back in this thing, but again they are depending on the other teams losing. We can guarantee a loss to Ottawa next Tuesday leaving next weekend's games against Philly at home and the Rangers in Manhattan as absolutely critical must win games. The schedule is kind of favorable to the Sabres, but they have not played well all year on back-to-back games and they have 4 sets of back-to-backers which makes things even more discouraging. I'm just frustrated and the way the Sabres played the last two games, I'm just not convinced anymore about this team.

By the way, what happened to Paille? Does he still have the flu or was he a healthy scratch? He was really good in the two wins for Buffalo last week. Oh well.

All right Sabres, <_< I lost the lunch bet with the Philly fan co-worker last time. You owe me one, do not make me buy this Cryer fan lunch again. :chris:

The bet is on.... Get R Done this time ....Go Buffalo.

Serve's me right to suffer. Should have never bet again but didn;t like being called a chickenSh!t by a cryer fan. This team really disappointed me today, I had one of the worst days of my life today in my current job which will be changing very soon and I came home to this... I am going to have to give posting and watching hockey a rest for awhile.... It was fun while I was still able to enjoy it gentleman.. Leave the last chapter unwritten and call it a mystery...

7:00pm

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Does Rivet look like a Captain?I mean his effort tonight has to be looked at! I think Kaletta looks more like a Captain! Connolly (mr. 4.5 Million) and Pominville are the worst way to spend near 10 million I have seen! Hecth sucks too! We got no Goalies and no heart. Vanek, is not 100%.

Since we are on the topic...Montreal's Koivu just scored an identical goal to Vanek's two years ago (off the glove while shooting) that got waved off against Ottawa in the playoffs (I think game 2 and it would have given us the lead). Well, they just counted Koivu's...IDENTICAL PLAY!

Serve's me right to suffer. Should have never bet again but didn;t like being called a chickenSh!t by a cryer fan. This team really disappointed me today, I had one of the worst days of my life today in my current job which will be changing very soon and I came home to this... I am going to have to give posting and watching hockey a rest for awhile.... It was fun while I was still able to enjoy it gentlemen.. Leave the last chapter unwritten and call it a mystery...

I couldn't have said it better myself and I couldn't agree with you more.

Absolutely pathetic. No postseason this year...again. :wallbash: :death:

Thu, Mar 12, 2009 HOME Panthers (win) They cant afford a loss to a team this close.

Sat, Mar 14, 2009 HOME Thrashers (loss) They dont show up against an "easy" team.

Tue, Mar 17, 2009 AWAY Senators (win) They finally beat the Sens.

Fri, Mar 20, 2009 HOME Flyers (loss) The fly boys have our # this season.

Sat, Mar 21, 2009 AWAY Rangers (loss) Its too much to ask to show up for TWO big conference standings games.

Wed, Mar 25, 2009 HOME Panthers (loss) The panthers will keep it close.

Fri, Mar 27, 2009 HOME Maple Leafs (win) A must win.

Sat, Mar 28, 2009 AWAY Canadiens (win) Another must win.

APRIL 2009

Wed, Apr 1, 2009 AWAY Thrashers (win) This is when they give us hope.

Fri, Apr 3, 2009 AWAY Capitals (loss) The Caps kill us and our momentum.

Theres my quess for the results of the next 10.

5-5

Its gonna come down to the last 6 games

And thats gonna be a very,very tough 6 games.

We will win all 6 of them!!! Or not we'll see.

We can all asume the outcome of the detroit game. :wallbash:

Who cares? You still hoping for help for a team that won't help itself? Sad.

Uh...no, I have no delusional fantasies of the Sabres turning this sinking ship around. I was just making a note of how all the teams ahead of us are going all out to make the playoffs. Oh and look, Montreal pulls out 2 tonight as well. LMAO.

I am listening to the postgame interview and I just have to wonder why this team feels that they played well for 40 minutes? They scored 1 fluke goal against a goalie who may be on his way out of Philadelphia. How is that a good 40 minutes? How is it even relevant when you lost the game? Why do the players feel that their mistakes are absolved when they play a decent stretch of hockey but still manage to lose? I guarantee that the Flyers felt that the first 40 minutes was unacceptable and were told as such by their coach by the way they came out in the third period.

I am listening to the postgame interview and I just have to wonder why this team feels that they played well for 40 minutes? They scored 1 fluke goal against a goalie who may be on his way out of Philadelphia. How is that a good 40 minutes? How is it even relevant when you lost the game? Why do the players feel that their mistakes are absolved when they play a decent stretch of hockey but still manage to lose? I guarantee that the Flyers felt that the first 40 minutes was unacceptable and were told as such by their coach by the way they came out in the third period.

I'm not listening to the postgame, but I'm wondering why anyone in that dressing room thinks that playing well for 40 minutes (which is debatable in and of itself) is acceptable in a push for the playoffs? Really? 40 minutes should do it tonight?

I'm not listening to the postgame, but I'm wondering why anyone in that dressing room thinks that playing well for 40 minutes (which is debatable in and of itself) is acceptable in a push for the playoffs? Really? 40 minutes should do it tonight?

Thomas Vanek, Teppo Numminen, Patrick Lalime, Lindy Ruff all feel this way and those were the only interviews I heard. I'm guessing the rest of the team feels that taking positives from a loss, talking about building on those positives, and then actually failing when putting that talk into action has become an effective learning technique for the Sabres. What are they going to do next, have a lock in at HSBC and have meetings and watch film all night? Clearly the effects of a 3 1/2 hour meeting have wore off. I guess its too hard to hold these guys to a professional standard when it comes to learning from mistakes.

Thomas Vanek, Teppo Numminen, Patrick Lalime, Lindy Ruff all feel this way and those were the only interviews I heard. I'm guessing the rest of the team feels that taking positives from a loss, talking about building on those positives, and then actually failing when putting that talk into action has become an effective learning technique for the Sabres. What are they going to do next, have a lock in at HSBC and have meetings and watch film all night? Clearly the effects of a 3 1/2 hour meeting have wore off. I guess its too hard to hold these guys to a professional standard when it comes to learning from mistakes.

Nah, they'll just "re-start the season" again.

I had a meeting tonight for an organization I belong to. When the meeting ended, the 2nd period was just ending and I was pleased to see that it was 1-1. I then sat down with some other people and next thing I know, it is 5-1. WTF is wrong with this team?

I've got nothing else to say.

:censored:

Archived