GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Some things never change.

We just can't keep the same guys in the line-up (Paille and Max out)

We play Ottawa when they are more rested and get outhustled and lose.

The teams we are chasing all win.

The Bills sign Terrell Owens... well - almost some things never change.

Game thoughts....

- You knew sooner or later Lalime was going to #%^$#! the bed. This is why he is a backup.

- 1 point in the last 3 games against an Ottawa team that has been out of the playoff race for a couple of months now.

- Tallinder SUCKS and as I suggested should have been traded at the deadline.

- Butler's blueline pussification is coming along beautifully as he is fitting right in.

- This was my 1st look at Moore as I missed last night's game. We gave up a 2nd round pick for him?

- Roy with just horrible defense on the Ottawa goal at the end of the 2nd period. Just stand around and don't commit to anyone.

- The good news for the Sabres is that they won't be talked about much tomorrow with the Bills stealing the headlines.

- Did the effect of the 6 hour team meeting already wear off? Can we declare that starting Tuesday it's a new season? <_<

Sorry, but I don't think I've been more pissed off at any point this season. :angry: :angry:

The last two seasons have proven that this team is neither physically nor mentally tough enough to play back-to-back games.

The Sabres brass better think long an hard about giving up their precious Friday night home games, because it's knocking their team of figure skaters straight out of the playoffs.

The last two seasons have proven that this team is neither physically nor mentally tough enough to play back-to-back games.

The Sabres brass better think long an hard about giving up their precious Friday night home games, because it's knocking their team of figure skaters straight out of the playoffs.

great point

- Roy with just horrible defense on the Ottawa goal at the end of the 2nd period. Just stand around and don't commit to anyone.

He looked like he probably shouldn't have played tonight. He had the flu even in last night's game and on the plane up to Ottawa.

Why can't the Sabres beat the Sens? This team for some reason seems impossible for the Sabres to beat. I just don't get it. This is a very costly loss because Carolina and Florida both win tonight. I think Lindy should have probably played Tellqvist tonight even though I wouldn't put this loss on Lalime. Not all of the goals he gave up were bad goals and the Sabres played terrible in the defensive zone all night, but on the positive, the PP is really clicking.

Overall, I think it will take about 20 points for the Sabres to make the playoffs and in order to do that, they will likely need to get at least 10 wins in their next 17 games. They still control their own destiny in that a lot of the teams they are fighting with for spots they play against, but the Sabres really have to win at least 10 of their remaining games to really get a shot at the playoffs. This is a tough road ahead.

Why can't the Sabres beat the Sens? This team for some reason seems impossible for the Sabres to beat. I just don't get it. This is a very costly loss because Carolina and Florida both win tonight. I think Lindy should have probably played Tellqvist tonight even though I wouldn't put this loss on Lalime. Not all of the goals he gave up were bad goals and the Sabres played terrible in the defensive zone all night, but on the positive, the PP is really clicking.

Overall, I think it will take about 20 points for the Sabres to make the playoffs and in order to do that, they will likely need to get at least 10 wins in their next 17 games. They still control their own destiny in that a lot of the teams they are fighting with for spots they play against, but the Sabres really have to win at least 10 of their remaining games to really get a shot at the playoffs. This is a tough road ahead.

let's hope they do it

Of all times why does it have to be OTTAWA that has Buffalo's number? Seriously, I'd even rather have TORONTO have our number than Ottawa.

The good news is that we won't face them in the playoffs. The bad news is that they may just as effectively knock us out before we even get there.

The good news is that we won't face them in the playoffs. The bad news is that they may just as effectively knock us out before we even get there.

As much as I dislike the makeup of this roster, the goalie and what they didn't do at the deadline I never expected this to happen tonight.

Of all times why does it have to be OTTAWA that has Buffalo's number? Seriously, I'd even rather have TORONTO have our number than Ottawa.

If it was Toronto, you'd post the same thing saying you'd rather have Ottawa. It's bad. There is no excuse for a defensive let down like tonight. Florida and Carolina really want to make the playoffs. I don't see the same will in Buffalo.

As much as I dislike the makeup of this roster, the goalie and what they didn't do at the deadline I never expected this to happen tonight.

I did...

Second night of a back to back, should have played Tellqvist, and it was against the Sens, who we have had NO luck against this year.

Unfortunately, the other teams around us won...

If it was Toronto, you'd post the same thing saying you'd rather have Ottawa. It's bad. There is no excuse for a defensive let down like tonight. Florida and Carolina really want to make the playoffs. I don't see the same will in Buffalo.

No, Toronto has been inconsequential for a while now. There's some bad blood between Buffalo and Ottawa though. There's the last two playoff series as well as their taking about Connolly and Drury previously.

Not even all of the audience likes those Friday games. I love weekday games, because it's a great night to look forward to after work, and I work downtown. But by Friday, I'm pretty much beat, and so are a lot of other folks I know. It's not so much that it's a problem to make a 730 start (it was worse last year, at 8), but it's really tough to stay energetic until 1030, especially on a Friday. Those Friday night games sell a lot of 300 level seats, but I know that folks with 100s and 200s are always trying to get rid of them, so I'm not sure that economics is the justification, either.)

If the Sabs give some of those up, there are more Saturday home games (bring 'em on) and fewer back-to-backs.

Guest Sloth
Here's a question: how often does a team ...

- convert on 3 of 5 PPs (60%)

- kill off 5 of 6 PKs (83%)

and still lose by 3?

We won the special team battle, but got absolutely destroyed 5-on-5.

These statistics want to make me puke. Ottawa owns Buffalo. Every time the Sabres play the Senators, I expect the Senators to win. I am not surprised w/ tonight's results. I am pissed, but not surprised. Once again, Buffalo blew two points out the window. We'll hear the same excuses and I am sick of hearing them. The Sabres have not been going for the throat when they play poor teams, and their record shows that.

Archived