GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

We lost by one goal in Lalime's first game as a starter. Can we please shut the F''' up about the season being over and the end of the world...dogs and cats living together. It was a good game. We're still going to be in it at the end and that's all we can ask for with our leading scorer and #1 goalie out.

I agree 100%. We played well enough to win, just couldn't beat Jiggy. Hope we play like that again against Carolina in a very big game (minus Lydman).

He does blow...

But he was ok in this game. Can't expect any goalie to stop Selanne walking in alone.

2nd goal probably should have had but it got tipped... not good though

3rd goal...completely lost track of puck. Ugly.

3rd goal is one he needs to save..and when all is said and done...that's why we didn't get a point...

That's such a disappointing game. The Sabres played really well and dominated play only to lose. I'm very disappointed by the defense tonight. Lydman turns the puck over at the blue line which caused the first goal that never should have happened. The D gets beat and allows a shorthanded rush that causes another goal, and the third goal was a result of Anaheim winning a puck battle along the boards down low in the Sabres end. Overall, the D played relatively well, but they made three critical mistakes that caused the game. Now, I don't think Lalime is horrible like everyone else seems to think, but the D needs to step up their play knowing they are playing with a backup and cannot make critical mistakes and assume Miller's there to bail them out. What you saw tonight was not that Lalime is a bad goalie, but that Miller has been bailing this team out for a long time due to bad play by the defenseman. Lalime certainly could have made the save on the second and third goals, but those should never have happened if the defenseman make the right play, and that's the problem. Only good news is that Kotalik had a strong game, and when he does, usually the Sabres lose.

For some reason, it does seem like this is the case.

I haven't figured this phenomenon out yet either. But, seriously, in any game where he's the best player on the ice, the Sabres have lost. I can clearly remember last year against the Rangers when the Sabres were up 3-1 only to lose the game 4-3, Kotalik had a big game that night, and then turned the puck over to Avery who got it to Shanahan for the go ahead goal. I can't figure out why when Kotalik is the best player for the Sabres they seem to lose, doesn't make sense.

lalime is terrible wasnt even paying attention of puck behind the net; damn I miss Marty

Oh, the Lalime fans will clearly say it is rust. Hey even versus sub par commentators kept mentioning Lalime is a roller coaster ride! Lindy, grow a pair and play the rookie, you got a better chance. Bottom line the the short handed goal and wrap around were bad goals! The difference in the game was a soft goal! I think a card board cut out of the Dominator would be a better option against Carolina!Perhaps we can even find one that has an arm that moves! Well, if Ryan is gone for any length of time.....I think the Sabres players will be flying south to play golf early...... Nice try Darcy, but once again you failed to get a net minder to back up Miller. Next year maybe we can land Cujo!

Ok, Sabres Fans, here is the mission if you choose to accept it....drive over to Lalime's house and super glue his doors and windows. Be nice and stand guard in case of a fire......We don't want the nice fella to get hurt, we just don't want him at the arena!

We lost by one goal in Lalime's first game as a starter. Can we please shut the F''' up about the season being over and the end of the world...dogs and cats living together. It was a good game. We're still going to be in it at the end and that's all we can ask for with our leading scorer and #1 goalie out.

Did you watch the game? Have the Sabres even come out of the dressing room for the third period yet? Soft goals, no energy in the third period and struggled to gain the zone......Yep I am optimistic! Face it, Lalime is not going to cut it. I hope Miller not as bad off as they say!

Side note, who taught Hecht to shoot.....I have not seen anyone with his bad aim since Paul Cyr!

Go Sabres! Win or lose they are all we got until the Bills Lose!

Haven't read the GDT at all, but a few points.

- Sabres were dominated physically by A LOT in the first period. Not so noticeable after that.

- I really missed Vanek during the game tonight. The Sabres were controlling a lot of the first two periods, but they were NOT in position to grab those juicy rebounds in the offensive zone. In those situations, there were multiple occasions where I thought to myself, 'Vanek would've been all over that!'

- First half of the game, I thought we played well in our own end; that is, when the Phucks had the puck, we were in good position as a whole in order to prevent the immediate threat.

- While we squandered a chance to get some separation, I feel that we mmight be alright in the long term (next couple weeks). As long as we can keep some energy going into CAR in two days.

Did you watch the game? Have the Sabres even come out of the dressing room for the third period yet? Soft goals, no energy in the third period and struggled to gain the zone......Yep I am optimistic! Face it, Lalime is not going to cut it. I hope Miller not as bad off as they say!

Side note, who taught Hecht to shoot.....I have not seen anyone with his bad aim since Paul Cyr!

A 2 on 0

A great tip directly in front of him because Pominville floats like a turd after eating too much salad

And a puck going off Goose's skate into the goal (you'll see on the replay that that is what happend)

None were soft.

I just can't lay this on Lalime.

A fairly typical Sabres game where two players, Vanek and Miller, would have made the difference. The team showed up for two periods - usually Miller shows up for all three and would have made this game a tie at least. Vanek could have been the difference on those PP if not the 5 on 5. It's nice to see Gaustad back in the lineup, for sure. And I wish Ko-tal-ik would show up for every game like he did this one (to be fair, he's been showing up more this latter half of the season).

Pominville is the Cowardly Lion out there. He's skating scared and with no confidence at all. I don't know what happened to Connolly, but it's almost like he's giving DR a reason to trade him away.

And, a special mention for Lydman. I hope he's not on the roster next year.

A 2 on 0

A great tip directly in front of him because Pominville floats like a turd after eating too much salad

And a puck going off Goose's skate into the goal (you'll see on the replay that that is what happend)

None were soft.

i actually think all three goals were soft. regardless of whether it went off goose's skate or not, lalime was still not in position.

the 2 on 0 you can't blame him but it was still an awful attempt to make a save.

and unless the shorthanded shot from the point was tipped, miller would have stopped it. and it didn't appear to be tipped.

i actually think all three goals were soft. regardless of whether it went off goose's skate or not, lalime was still not in position.

the 2 on 0 you can't blame him but it was still an awful attempt to make a save.

and unless the shorthanded shot from the point was tipped, miller would have stopped it. and it didn't appear to be tipped.

Just watched the replay on NHLN...I was right on both.

Ever heard of the Buffalo Bandits? Pro lacrosse team? Won a championship last year? On pace for another one this year?

I have to say that I was frustrated. I was happy with the great effort in the first and both ends overall except for the Lydman hairball. Although what the hell was Spacek doing so far up ice? However, after the first 30 and they got up 3-1, I was hoping that they would play with a little more desperation. Like the playoffs were on the line say. However, I didn't see them turn it up another notch. That 3rd goal was soft and made a huge difference. Anyways, it might be just a tad early (or not) but it felt like I was watching the playoffs starting to slip away. I need a better way to vent.

A 2 on 0

None were soft.

Yeah too many people are piling on our backup goalie who is still trying to shake off the rust, but what about the 18 guys who have been playing just about every other night all season? Lydman? Hecht? Pominville? Where are these guys?

Our forwards knew they had to step up their game in the absence of Vanek and Miller...so far they haven't responded. Or maybe it's a matter of talent more than effort?

Archived