GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This game is playing out just like the last time we played them.. Out hustle and outhit them early and then get shutout late..

How many pucks have been available in front of the Anaheim net tonight that the Sabres just couldn't get to?

Exactly. You have to score more than one goal.

Anaheim still effectively shuts it opposition down when leading in close games like this.

The team they have together could do some damage in the playoffs.

Really? We had a healthy Miller/Vanek and still missed the playoffs last year. Up until the past couple weeks this season, we had a healthy Miller/Vanek and were hanging onto the 8th seed by a thread. You just admitted in your thread that it's going to be real difficult to make the playoffs now. Good. Confronting reality is always a good thing. Now here are 5 players off the top of my head that teams in the buying market might "rent" for a playoff push:

Connolly

Spacek

Kotalik

Numminen

Ellis

I don't think thats fair considering Vanek had a down year and we barely missed the playoffs and it takes a while for the young guys to mature at it seems they are coming along. Plus our horrible shootout record. Up until the time Vanek got hurt it looked like we were easily going to make the playoffs... possibly as high as a 5-6 seed. So I don't know why you think we are so terrible, though i'd agree we MAYBE could make it out of the 1st round. Nothing more.

Yes I said its going to be difficult, no #%^$#! . What I didn't say is they have no chance like you did Mr. Tanner.

I don't think Buffalo would part with Spacek on the grounds that he is one of the best defensement we have and im not sure why any teams would be interested in any of those other players except Connolly. But we don't know if the team thinks they have longer term plans for him.

What do expect him to say. lalime sucks and we are desperate in the hunt for someone to carry us while Ryan is out? Yeah that ought to get ya a deal and help your goalie

You can say something like...we have confidence in Patrick, or something like that...You don't have to go as far as saying he is as good as it gets as a backup, because that is just a ridiculous statement.

I'm just now catching the game. Did Lalime play bad?

Well people on here want his head...

However the first goal wasn't his fault at all... Lydman as usual with a crappy turnover let Teemu walk in all alone.

2nd goal was a shorthanded goal that got deflected so that wasn't too bad either though he might have been able to get more square.

3rd goal he lost track of it behind the net and someone wrapped around real fast and it went off Goose aparently and in...

The third one was ugly the other two weren't too bad.

We lost by one goal in Lalime's first game as a starter. Can we please shut the F''' up about the season being over and the end of the world...dogs and cats living together. It was a good game. We're still going to be in it at the end and that's all we can ask for with our leading scorer and #1 goalie out.

Archived