GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

The Sabres need to enter this game still pissed off about Wednesday, and they need to give thursday zero thought whatsoever. Come out and play pissed off and step on these guys' throats. Not to mention that they are the hated divercanes. I'm looking forward to a nice 6-0 blowout of these choads. LETS GO BUFFALO!

7:00pm

The Sabres need to enter this game still pissed off about Wednesday, and they need to give thursday zero thought whatsoever. Come out and play pissed off and step on these guys' throats. Not to mention that they are the hated divercanes. I'm looking forward to a nice 6-0 blowout of these choads. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Canes are playing poorly right now need to stick a fork in them. They play in weakest division in hockey only reason they are in playoff hunt.

Man, we got absolutely NO help last night! NJ, PIT, and NYR all win interconference games and PHI/Florida go to shootout.

Now, it seems like people on this board have called the last like seven games 'statement games'. Well, I think that what they show TONIGHT will be very telling of where their heads are at right now. Why?

- They played like ass for 3.5 straight games after winning three

- Then they got a spark late in the game against Dallas and should be confident after that

- Miller had like one good game for the first 30 games, and has been generally solid. GIVE HIM SOME HELP GUYS. He was awesome in the shootout, really had good positioning on the shooters (as far as I thought... I''m no hockey strategy genius by any means)

- It's the f-ing Canes. Definitely going to be duking it out with them for a final spot in the East. The Sabres NEED to show some determination, show us they BELONG in the playoffs!

- We get one home game then they're away for 2-3 weeks. Last home game was 8 days ago and Miller beat the Rangers, so show us something at home fellas!

Starting tonight we play CAR, @FL, @TB. I'd REALLY like to see 6 points out of that. Lose 2 of 3 and I'll be really worried I think.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

Starting tonight we play CAR, @FL, @TB. I'd REALLY like to see 6 points out of that. Lose 2 of 3 and I'll be really worried I think.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

Agreed anything short of 6 points is a real letdown. I'm less concerned about CAR and TB. That @FLA game has never been an easy one..

Agreed anything short of 6 points is a real letdown. I'm less concerned about CAR and TB. That @FLA game has never been an easy one..

OOOh definitely agreed on that Florida game.

Also, anyone have any thoughts about seeing Lalime any of these three games? We appear to have 5 days off afterward. I think we'll see Miller all three unless he really blows one of the first two.

Lindy is already poor-mouthing this one. He said he hasn't had time to break down the Canes' tendencies. Is this part of his old "tough to win the first one back home" routine? They can't upload video to his Blackberry? He didn't have any free time on the road? His assistants were also swamped?

I am feeling a real nice win tonight by Buffalo. Something like 5-1. Carolina has been bad latley and Cam Ward has been allowing a lot of easy goals and a lot of rebounds. Sabres should take it to the house tonight and give the home fans some excitement. I'll be in section 300 tonight and I can not wait for this puck to drop! Going to the Anchor bar before hand. Sabres did a fantastic job in Dallas and worked hard, out skated their opponent and out played Dallas, now it's time to carry forward to a team we potentially will be battling with the rest of the season. No better way to send the message then to beat them big.

Carolina has allowed 5 or more goals in each of their last 3 games.

I'm looking for Rivet, Gaustad and any other "leaders" on this team to get them fired up early for once at home.

Connolly was looking better in Dallas, so we may actually have two scoring lines again (at least for now.) After their performance in Dallas, anyone else think that we will see Hecht-Roy-Pominville again? Perhaps:

Vanek-Connolly-Stafford

Hecht-Roy-Pominville

Ellis-Gaustad-Kotalik

Paille-Mair-MacArthur

This game starts a nice chance to gain a little separation before heading out West.

I am feeling a real nice win tonight by Buffalo. Something like 5-1. Carolina has been bad latley and Cam Ward has been allowing a lot of easy goals and a lot of rebounds. Sabres should take it to the house tonight and give the home fans some excitement. I'll be in section 300 tonight and I can not wait for this puck to drop! Going to the Anchor bar before hand. Sabres did a fantastic job in Dallas and worked hard, out skated their opponent and out played Dallas, now it's time to carry forward to a team we potentially will be battling with the rest of the season. No better way to send the message then to beat them big.

Carolina has allowed 5 or more goals in each of their last 3 games.

This is exactly why I have some concern with which Sabres show up tonight - they have had problems playing up to snuff against struggling teams. It needs to be as much effort as the last ten minutes of the third period in Dallas IMO. They can definitely win tonight, but they cannot take any shifts off. At some point the team has to learn how build momentum.

This is exactly why I have some concern with which Sabres show up tonight - they have had problems playing up to snuff against struggling teams. It needs to be as much effort as the last ten minutes of the third period in Dallas IMO. They can definitely win tonight, but they cannot take any shifts off. At some point the team has to learn how build momentum.

It's up to Lindy to create the mindset that 1. The first game back after a trip isn't an issue and 2. The Canes' being a struggling team isn't a factor because a. the Sabres have struggled for most of the year too and have no business taking any team lightly and b. The Canes are only two points back!

I know the canes havn't been playing well but people have been throwing up absurd predictions since before the Blackhawks game. I would love to see a 6-0 or a 5-1 but im thinking a 3-2 game or a 2-1 game is much more likely. I feel like it was a miricle we scored FOUR on Dallas.

I'm looking for Rivet, Gaustad and any other "leaders" on this team to get them fired up early for once at home.

Connolly was looking better in Dallas, so we may actually have two scoring lines again (at least for now.) After their performance in Dallas, anyone else think that we will see Hecht-Roy-Pominville again? Perhaps:

Vanek-Connolly-Stafford

Hecht-Roy-Pominville

Ellis-Gaustad-Kotalik

Paille-Mair-MacArthur

This game starts a nice chance to gain a little separation before heading out West.

One of my roomates and I were actually discussing bumping Connolly up to work with Vanek and Staff. When he's healthy he can really distribute the puck and that can be nothing but good for TVanek. At this time, I think Roy is going to be able to stick handle and produce wherever he's at. If he can get Hecht and Pominville going those two lines will be very dangerous. GO SABRES!!

I agree.............I've had better wings here in Daytona Beach.

Really?? I'd love to know where. I'm in Debary, not too far a drive for some decent wings.....

Agreed on Anchor Bar. Great touristy stop, but that's about it. La Nova's has decent wings, and a great Chicken Finger Pizza. I miss good food........

Oh ya, Sabres in a whitewash 5-0.

It's up to Lindy to create the mindset that 1. The first game back after a trip isn't an issue and 2. The Canes' being a struggling team isn't a factor because a. the Sabres have struggled for most of the year too and have no business taking any team lightly and b. The Canes are only two points back!

Can't argue any of those points. Do our boys get those points, though? I certainly hope so. Would love for us to really have a strong showing tonight. Sabres 5 Canes 2

Anchor Bar?

I can recommend a significant list of places I would go for wings instead of the 'Original'.

Original does not necessarily mean the best or even top-ten.

Gabriel's Gate, Duff's, the Bar-Bill in East Aurora for starters.

Try them on your next trip.

Count this as a vote for Duff's. :thumbsup:

I'm looking for Vanek, Roy, Pominville & Connolly to provide the offense necesary for ball-busters the opportunity to do their job as an added bonus to the defeat of the Horrible-canes.

(can't believe I still hold a grudge against this team - we lost that conference finals because of injuries, right?)

Archived