GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

A third straight subpar performance, a third straight loss

I know that it didn't feel that way (thus, third straight subpar performance), but you do realize that we won the Rangers game?

Doesn't the game start locally at 8:30pm?

According to sabres.nhl.com, yes.

Overall, this may be the most error-filled thread in SabreSpace history. :doh:

I agree. And it's worth noting that Chicago is pretty good now -- they have 6 more pts than the Sabres, good goaltending, a good group of defensemen and some dynamic talent at forward. If I were a Hawks fan I'd be lamenting having let go of Lang in favor of another $6MM goalie though.

Sure hope Lalime brings his A game.

Patrick Lalime only has one game, and it's better than anyone else's A game. But out of modesty he plays down a level.

When Patrick Lalime makes a save, Chuck Norris thanks HIM.

Chuck Norris doesn't rescue people from burning houses, he Patrick Lalime's them.

Patrick Lalime doesn't protect the crease, he simply allows the rest of the ice to exist.

I know that it didn't feel that way (thus, third straight subpar performance), but you do realize that we won the Rangers game?

Overall, this may be the most error-filled thread in SabreSpace history. :doh:

Someone hacked into my account! Damn it! I will get to the bottom of it.

That's odd.

I blame the layoff between games. And the length of the NHL season. It's really starting to feel like the dog days of hockey.

I just remember the horrendous January Buffalo had last year. They need to win tonight. If they do, they'll keep playing good hockey (Detroit game never happend), but if they lose, I don't even want to think about what might happen. The Sabres are mentally unstable. Being held to "3" goals in the last two could be on their minds right now... I hope they're not holding their sticks to tight tonight.

I just remember the horrendous January Buffalo had last year. They need to win tonight. If they do, they'll keep playing good hockey (Detroit game never happend), but if they lose, I don't even want to think about what might happen. The Sabres are mentally unstable. Being held to "3" goals in the last two could be on their minds right now... I hope they're not holding their sticks to tight tonight.

Yeah... Hell even if they had left Detroit with a point that would've been a huge positive. Showing they could go into the house of one of the best teams in the league and compete. Of course that didn't happen but the Hawks are playing real good hockey now too (only losing to Detroit twice) in recent memory, if we win here it would atleast prove to the players that they can beat these teams that are in that tier just above them. I hope Huet starts.

After the last two games against bigger, more physical defenses, I think this one is going to feel more like a "New NHL" game to the Sabres.

Sabres win 5 - 4

I am leaning this way as well. (e.g high scoring). Chicago can play a physical game given their conference but because of that IMO will take advantage of the lighter physical games ala the soft Sabres so it could turn into a bit of a run and gun type game. Besides were chummy with these guy's because of the player switch (Campbell and Lalime) so why not just play some offensive hockey :rolleyes:, I just hope it's not disgusting offensive..

Now all we need is the Bflo snipers a sniping and the chances converted and some sound defensive hockey... Go Buffalo

Lalime looks like he's fighting the puck a little bit. He hasn't looked bad, but those two goals were terrible. Lalime gave up a juicy rebound and it looked like he had the save on Sharp's goal but it found a way in. Same thing on the second goal, he clearly had the save and then he lost it and it went in net. Those are two saves and somehow they find a way in the net. And, he hasn't played the puck well either. The giveaway behind the net could have been really costly.

Offensively, the Sabres are not taking advantage of the opportunities they are getting. There have been a ton of shots that they have just passed up on. Stafford's rush at the end is a clear example of that. Tallinder had two different opportunities where he could have shot the puck but looked to make an extra pass that led to absolutely nothing. I just don't understand why the Sabres do not want to get the puck on net.

All-in-all, we're still in it and only down one goal in a period where I felt Chicago outplayed the Sabres.

Good point..............I think the second one takes the cake though.

Second one was worse, D were playing too far up on the first goal tho and got caught.

Lalime made a great first save but gave up a juicy rebound that he did get a piece of but just barely trickled across.

That's just my opinion though.

Archived