GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

All right, after some crack research, I have discovered that the game is not tonight, but wednesday. On wednesday, I only have to work till 6, so I'll catch the whole thumping of the hawks. I'll unpin this now, since i'm obviously off my rocker.

:unsure:

All right, after some crack research, I have discovered that the game is not tonight, but wednesday. On wednesday, I only have to work till 6, so I'll catch the whole thumping of by the hawks. I'll unpin this now, since i'm obviously off my rocker.

There! Even know I didn't want to correct your post, I felt the need to appease the Hockey Gods!

:nana:

One of us will be right in the end and Lord I hope it is you Corp!

:D

All right, after some crack research, I have discovered that the game is not tonight, but wednesday. On wednesday, I only have to work till 6, so I'll catch the whole thumping of the hawks. I'll unpin this now, since i'm obviously off my rocker.

I thought Educators were suppose to stray away from crack... :blush:

I'm just showing that no matter how hard i pretend, i'm only perfect at one thing: being human.

Hey don't worry about it. I'm actually going to the game and even I thought it was monday until i looked at the ticket. I even changed the number day ...I was convinced myself the game was on the 12th when i found out that the 14th was a wednesday.

Recently, i've been watching more and more of the Blackhawks on center ice. IMO, they are one of the most interesting and entertaining teams in the NHL. I love watching them play as a hockey fan. Their passing. Their speed. Their skating. How quickly they go from the defensive zone and start to attack. Reminds me of the Sabres from 2 seasons ago. I hope the Sabres show up and are ready to skate and play hard, because not only do the Hawks skate well and have a ton of speed, but they also can hit. If Sabres are not ready to play, this could be a one sided game.

And IMO, it's a real good test for the Sabres. I watched Rob Ray's show today, the "Enforcers" and he said the Sabres turned the corner with the recent wins against Ottawa and NYR. He said last year or earlier in the season we wouldn't have won those games and said they are on a nice run but those 2 proved that they turned the corner. Ruben Brown argued about the Wings game, but Ray said all the common sense stuff, how great of a team Detroit is. But, tomorrow is a big game for the Sabres i think. It's been a great run we are on but we can't go down 2 in a row and get zero points.

But, tomorrow is a big game for the Sabres i think. It's been a great run we are on but we can't go down 2 in a row and get zero points.

Geez, first Corp thinks it's tonight; now you think it's tomorrow. :doh:

The game is Wednesday, people! WEDNESDAY!! :nana:

Not surprising, Lalime is in net against Chicago.

http://www.wgr550.com/Ruff--Lalime-to-start-Weds-/3650063

Just my luck getting to see the team for once.. Hope he plays like the first 2 games of the season and not the 3 that followed. Looks like i'll have to change the "3" on my Miller shirt to a "4" for the game. Marvin the Martian better bring the A game.

I would never call a game at midseason a must win -- or at any time, probably, unless they literally had to win -- but this one feels very big to me. A third straight subpar performance, a third straight loss, could start the losing train on a serious downhill grade. It might even derail. Seriously, it would be very easy for a team that's been very fragile mentally to start losing game after game at this point. It wouldn't knock them out of the playoffs, but a disastrous stretch would be tough to overcome.

And if Lalime is el stinko or el crusho or el corpo or whatever, we could be looking at another second half like Miller saw last year, and everyone agrees that was el crapo.

I would like to see the power play roll tonight with Connolly right in the middle of things. They haven't had many opportunities since he's been back and he hasn't shown much as a result (granted he has had limited ice time). Special Teams roll, play physical, Sabres 5-2. GO SABRES!!

FYI - I'll be watching the headlines to alter this post if Connolly gets injured between now and gametime.

I would never call a game at midseason a must win -- or at any time, probably, unless they literally had to win -- but this one feels very big to me. A third straight subpar performance, a third straight loss, could start the losing train on a serious downhill grade. It might even derail. Seriously, it would be very easy for a team that's been very fragile mentally to start losing game after game at this point. It wouldn't knock them out of the playoffs, but a disastrous stretch would be tough to overcome.

And if Lalime is el stinko or el crusho or el corpo or whatever, we could be looking at another second half like Miller saw last year, and everyone agrees that was el crapo.

I agree. And it's worth noting that Chicago is pretty good now -- they have 6 more pts than the Sabres, good goaltending, a good group of defensemen and some dynamic talent at forward. If I were a Hawks fan I'd be lamenting having let go of Lang in favor of another $6MM goalie though.

Sure hope Lalime brings his A game.

Archived