GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

I know that the sabres have truly been a bad team in 2008, but finish the year off strong with a victory and something to build on in january. Psychologically, this is a huge game for the team and fans. Win and everything will be ok for a few days. LETS GO BUFFALO!

p.s. on a personal level, this will be the last game that I will have missed due to being home for the holidays. I haven't been around a tv to watch the games since the 19th!

I know that the sabres have truly been a bad team in 2008, but finish the year off strong with a victory and something to build on in january. Psychologically, this is a huge game for the team and fans. Win and everything will be ok for a few days. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Inconsistent? Yes. Mediocre? Yes. Unable to finish? Yes. Bad? Possibly. Truly bad? Not really. At least not relatively speaking. Tampa Bay (26-37-15, 42.9%), Atlanta (27-40-11, 41.7%), Islanders (26-44-11, 38.9%) and even Ottawa (30-39-9, 44.2%) have all been truly bad in 2008. Far more so than the Sabres (37-29-15, 54.9%). Even Florida (36-31-11, 53.2%) and Toronto (35-35-9, 50.0%) were worse. Like I said, mediocre.

That said, I'm sick of mediocre. Let's put together a run of wins!

Goose and Gerbe playing.

Peters and Max sitting.

Kaleta out three weeks and wearing a neck brace.

Rivet still out.

I'll be at the game although I'm not too excited right now.

Win and all is well again. You hear me hockey god? WIN WIN WIN

Inconsistent? Yes. Mediocre? Yes. Unable to finish? Yes. Bad? Possibly. Truly bad? Not really. At least not relatively speaking. Tampa Bay (26-37-15, 42.9%), Atlanta (27-40-11, 41.7%), Islanders (26-44-11, 38.9%) and even Ottawa (30-39-9, 44.2%) have all been truly bad in 2008. Far more so than the Sabres (37-29-15, 54.9%). Even Florida (36-31-11, 53.2%) and Toronto (35-35-9, 50.0%) were worse. Like I said, mediocre.

That's truly been a bad team. :)

Somewhere in the 300s. I'm really not sure yet but might post it later. I'm sure I have a jersey that no one else does, a 3rd Dan Paille.

I'll give U a heads up on the beer. Don't get drafts from the 300 level until after the first period. The first beers from there taste like the cleaner they use in the lines and are warm.

I'll give U a heads up on the beer. Don't get drafts from the 300 level until after the first period. The first beers from there taste like the cleaner they use in the lines and are warm.

i'd noticed the same thing back when i frequented the 300 level on a regular basis.

when i do get a beer in the 300s, it's generally from the vendor who has the 16 oz. labatt cans. :beer:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm sure I have a jersey that no one else does, a 3rd Dan Paille.

You and Cheese need to get together.

Clearly, our stages of alcoholism are vastly different.

i'd noticed the same thing back when i frequented the 300 level on a regular basis.

when i do get a beer in the 300s, it's generally from the vendor who has the 16 oz. labatt cans. :beer:

At least the lines are cleaned. Better than week old stale beer taste, although that does bring back some memories. :beer: :sick: :)

I never buy arena beer. Way to expensive.

Clearly, our stages of alcoholism are vastly different.

7:00pm

p.s. on a personal level, this will be the last game that I will have missed due to being home for the holidays. I haven't been around a tv to watch the games since the 19th!

Yeah Buddy, Spot on,,,,,

Double spot on....

I'll be making my 08-09 HSBC debut tonight, not that it has any impact on the game at all.

If they, If they lose your not invited back, Im just saying they won in my 08 debut against pens on 11/28 :nana:

Somewhere in the 300s. I'm really not sure yet but might post it later. I'm sure I have a jersey that no one else does, a 3rd Dan Paille.

I saw one of those walk past me in DC last Friday while I was eating at Fuddruckers before the game! You're not the only 3rd Paille, Shredder!

Jauron and Ruff Coaches for Life. Oh joy.

Can anyone explain Neale's "joke" about Ovechkin being asked to read the bottom line of the eye chart? "Read the bottom line? I played with him last year." Rick laughed.

Hey, it's better than talking about that first period.

The Sabres are playing like they've already started New Year's celebrations. Did Theodore even have to make a tough save? It seemed like Buffalo was only capable of getting off weak backhands. That PP was atrocious. Pominville botched a clearing attempt that eventually led to the Caps' PP goal, on which Laich made Spacek look like a pylon.

Let's see some sustained pressure, boys! And for Pete's sake, Roy, stay on your damn feet!

Telling stat: Vanek's at 3:43 for even-strength playing time — less than Kotalik. <_<

Just saw the 1st period stats, 2 scoring chances and they both end up in the net 3 for the good guys and nada a thing. Don't they know to get those shots low on Theodore so he can give up some juicy rebounds... Okay PP now time to make them pay

Jauron and Ruff Coaches for Life. Oh joy.

Can anyone explain Neale's "joke" about Ovechkin being asked to read the bottom line of the eye chart? "Read the bottom line? I played with him last year." Rick laughed.

Hey, it's better than talking about that first period.

Maybe the bottom of the chart looked like a Russian name? That's what I took from it.

And you're right, this discussion topic is way more interesting than that period.

Archived