GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Holy Hell :wallbash: Two goals with a pulled goalie. How often has THAT happened?

Buffalo was up 3-0 against NJ in the 06/07 season and they gave up two goals in the final minute and a half. Devils made it VERY close.

It ticks me off that the Sabres are unable to hold a 3rd period lead. They can't even do it w/ a 2 goal differential w/ less than 2 minutes to go. This just goes to show you why this team will most likely miss the playoffs. I HOPE I am wrong, but this is the same thing we saw last year. Buffalo does not have a first line center...possibly a second. WTF was/is Darcy thinking?

They can't even do it w/ a 2 goal differential w/ less than 2 minutes to go. This just goes to show you why this team will most likely miss the playoffs. I HOPE I am wrong, but this is the same thing we saw last year. Buffalo does not have a first line center...possibly a second. WTF was/is Darcy thinking?

I could see it coming and it really has me :wallbash: ! I simply cannot believe how inconsistent they have become. I cannot watch a game without thinking they are going to blow the lead when they manage to have it. And comebacks, pretty much out of the question anymore (as far as how confident I am that they can happen).

With the way this team plays? I'll take it.

One should NEVER be satisified w/ this current team. I was beyond ticked off when NY scored w/ 2 seconds to go. Good teams know how to protect their leads. Buffalo has shown it cannot.

One should NEVER be satisified w/ this current team. I was beyond ticked off when NY scored w/ 2 seconds to go. Good teams know how to protect their leads. Buffalo has shown it cannot.

I was furious at Pominville for taking that bad angle shot at the empty net.

Look, you KNOW you don't have the angle, you have one guy on you, so take it around behind the net and take a few seconds off instead.

Hell, maybe he can even tuck it in from there, but the play he made tonight instead was beyond selfish.

As it turned out, those 2 extra seconds could've saved us all a lot of grief.

Only way it's okay is when you are playing a REALLY GOOD TEAM - say San Jose, Boston, Detroit, etc.. Glad we got two points, not happy with the way we played.

We have to take it.

I can't imagine what the ticket holders had to be going through at 19:58.

Another point. Maxim's stock is slooowly rising.

Darcy's phone has to be ringing off the hook!

We have to take it.

I'm sorry. I dig Max. His sequence in the third was the highlight of the night for me.

I was furious at Pominville for taking that bad angle shot at the empty net.

Look, you KNOW you don't have the angle, you have one guy on you, so take it around behind the net and take a few seconds off instead.

Hell, maybe he can even tuck it in from there, but the play he made tonight instead was beyond selfish.

As it turned out, those 2 extra seconds could've saved us all a lot of grief.

he has been a big disappointment this year and this type of play typlifies that - not using his head. i maybe would have expected this if he has been name El Captain, but maybe it is b/c he was not named? he has enough goodwill built up though that he deserves to fight through it.

There was a lot of talk that the Islanders might trade Mike Comrie after he came back from his hip problem. As we need another top-two center, his name has been thrown out there. I'm going to watch that first two periods now (came in at the start of the third), but he seemed like a Briere-type player (i.e., offensively skilled, but a little lazy on defense) from what I saw in the third. For example, he scored their second goal by being in the right spot for an easy chip-in, but after submarining MacArthur, he basically let him go in and score. He also played a lot of PP time, but no SH time. I'll have to see what else he does.

I'd love Comrie in Buffalo. He's the guy we need. Speedy, good passer, can score, clutch and would only be a rental.

Mancari for Comrie.

He would be an upgrade and probably be a number 1 line center on this roster..Not quite sur if Mancari gets it done but ya never know

We have to take it.

Why would any team want Max? If you are a GM of a playoff contender why would you trade for a player that can't score and may be one of the worst defensive players in the league. The only reason Max is in the lineup is injuries. His stock is dead.

If this season has shown us anything, is that this team is no worse for the wear with anyone from Portland in the lineup. I'm hoping for an almost completely different roster come next season. There's no reason to keep kids like Mancari, Butler, Gerbe and Kennedy down. Even Ellis is playing like his hair is on fire. I wish the rest of the team could show that much heart every shift.

3 goals 6 assists and a career minus player? No thank you.

He has been hurt this year and he has played on some crappy teams....The guy is an offensive producer..he has some 30 goal seasons and he plays hard..He would be an upgrade over Mair, Hecht Connoly and Gaustad for sure..He would be a nice addition to ROy as a 1 or 2 center..Makes Gaustad and Mair better..They will be playing against lesser lines and probably become more productive..On top of that it would put Hecht back to his normal position and hopefully his play would improve..

3 goals 6 assists and a career minus player? No thank you.

He shares your feelings for Danny Briere:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We have to take it.

yes we do...... on the Max point :lol:

I'm sorry. I dig Max. His sequence in the third was the highlight of the night for me.

:lol: He is something to watch love em or hate him...

There was a lot of talk that the Islanders might trade Mike Comrie after he came back from his hip problem. As we need another top-two center, his name has been thrown out there. I'm going to watch that first two periods now (came in at the start of the third), but he seemed like a Briere-type player (i.e., offensively skilled, but a little lazy on defense) from what I saw in the third. For example, he scored their second goal by being in the right spot for an easy chip-in, but after submarining MacArthur, he basically let him go in and score. He also played a lot of PP time, but no SH time. I'll have to see what else he does.

I think this would really help this team if we really had a player who plays center instead of a winger moved over to center....

He has been hurt this year and he has played on some crappy teams....The guy is an offensive producer..he has some 30 goal seasons and he plays hard..He would be an upgrade over Mair, Hecht Connoly and Gaustad for sure..He would be a nice addition to ROy as a 1 or 2 center..Makes Gaustad and Mair better..They will be playing against lesser lines and probably become more productive..On top of that it would put Hecht back to his normal position and hopefully his play would improve..

All good points and I completely agree... Just get it done darcy, maybe they'd want the skill back ?? :rolleyes:

Is this really being discussed? Mike Comrie would not be an upgrade for this team. Putting mediocre talent on top of mediocre talent is only going to make mediocre talent.

Archived