GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The Islanders are by far the best team in the league. We will have to play absolutely perfectly just to have a chance.

/reverse psychology

The second sentence isn't far off. That has to be the mindset. Is it time for Lindy to say "there are no gimmies in this league" again?

The second sentence isn't far off. That has to be the mindset. Is it time for Lindy to say "there are no gimmies in this league" again?

This is true. They have played better recently, but they have also played better teams, and they seem to play worse against lesser teams (particularly at home). Their mistakes bite them in the arse regularly, so this team has to be on their toes every night or enter into a big risk of losing.

Didn't the Islanders just beat them 6-0 last week?

<sarcasm>

No. That was the Red Wings who beat San Jose 6-0. The Isles won for the first time in December last night. Ther are 1-9-1 for the month...

Dec 4 at Washington L 2-5 Highlights

Dec 6 vs Atlanta L 1-5 Highlights

Dec 8 at Toronto L 2-4 Highlights

Dec 9 at Philadelphia L 3-4 Highlights

Dec 11 at Pittsburgh L 2-9 Highlights

Dec 13 at Columbus L 1-3 Highlights

Dec 16 vs Washington OTL 4-5 Highlights

Dec 19 at Minnesota L 1-4 Highlights

Dec 20 at Nashville L 0-1 Highlights

Dec 23 vs Atlanta L 2-4 Highlights

Dec 26 vs Toronto W 4-1 Highlights

After losing last night i dont really have much optimism about the game today. After we made it 2-3 with 2 minutes to go,it felt like we were going to tie it up,and win it. I dont know what it was. But the final 2 minutes of last night felt very epic to me. We played a pretty good game,against a very under rated team,and i thought we could pull it off. For some reason those final moments had a "make or break" season feel to them. Its almost mid way through the year,were surfacing at or below .500 just about every game. The Caps are a great team. We could of really gained alot of confidence with a win. But we didn't. It'll very interesting to see how we fair from here on out. But i really think this season is done. No playoffs two years in a row after 2 consectutive ECF's?

As for tonight,well i'm not sure. I think the bad momentum carrys over and we lose again.

Prediction:

Islanders-4

Sabres-2

Can this team please just make up its mind as to whether it sucks or not.

Either win the close ones or just stop playing.

:thumbsup:

This is the essence of being a Buffalo fan(Bills or Sabres).

No other fans have to wait as late in games to find out whether their team is going to win or lose(more often than not lose as of late) than us. When the Bills had a kneel down this week I almost fainted.

If this team feels the way I do they are pissed off, ready to take off someone's head, lock down drag out score many and drink a beer after winners tonight.

Sabres win 6-1.

This team has feelings?...who knew?

I agree with the 6-1, though.

Well missed the game last night but sounds like I did not miss much. I also cannot watch it tonight but I am not sure I would want to ruin the extended Holiday anyway the way these lads play :rolleyes:..

So let's see what we got going here tonight ?

-an injured Vanek

-another local boy/rookie making his first start at home,

-The break up of Hecht and Pominville

-Miller back in goal.

This team just needs to get back to playing smart 2-way hockey, and they need to play a complete game. Miller needs to play some consistent hockey and they just need to win... I don't care if it's 1-0 lets just win baby...

No predictions from me tonight so I don't get too upset if they don't respond...

Lets go buffalo, get off the losing streak NOW

Archived