GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I usually don't post during the game but a couple things I have noticed. Pominville missing on a wide open slap shot from the slot on a shorthanded play early in the first would have really been a nice way to down the caps momentum. To me they are beating the Sabres by just having more energy. Their speed is quite terrifying tonight. Also, Tallinder has to be able to at least clear the puck out of the middle of the ice on Ovechkins goal. Easier said than done but that whiff was costly. The way I see it, if the guys like Portland can play as well as Butler why not give them a crack at the nhl soon. By the way, is it just me or does it seem like Donald Brashear gets some of the best offensive opportunities every time he plays?

Tallinder has to get that puck in the corner, he had position on it for a second. Though it doesn't help when his partner pinches in like a wildman and totally misses leaving AO 1 on 1. Also, the save should have been made on that anyway.

Max scores! Too bad it looked more like he was trying to get away from it than deflect it.

Game thoughts...

- The first half of the game had long stretches of BORING hockey.

- Tallinder should be embarrassed by his play on the GWG.

- What happens when you refuse to address the center position and Hecht takes faceoffs? See 2nd goal.

- I find myself liking this team less as every game goes by.

- Call up anyone from Portland to replace Peters. I never want to see him in a Sabre uniform again.

- Max scored a goal! If Darcy is to stubborn to do what it takes to move him off this team, then play him with some talent.

Out-shot.

Out-hit.

This is not a playoff team as it stands now.

Islanders will be coming in off a win.

They better work harder tomorrow on home ice.

Since more than half the teams in the NHL make the playoffs, I'm going to have to say this is incorrect. Mediocre teams make it to the playoffs all the time in this sport.

Game thoughts...

- The first half of the game had long stretches of BORING hockey.

I was thinking the same thing. It got a little better later, but there was definitely some less than exciting play early on.

- Tallinder should be embarrassed by his play on the GWG.

Definitely. He could have just hit OV and that would have ended it. But, if you're going to play the puck, then DON'T MISS!!

I was thinking the same thing. It got a little better later, but there was definitely some less than exciting play early on.

Definitely. He could have just hit OV and that would have ended it. But, if you're going to play the puck, then DON'T MISS!!

No question, #10 looked bad, but what about #5 Lydman. He stopped skating outside the blue line and just coasted in following the play. He keeps skating there, the puck gets taken away.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:thumbdown:

Mediocre teams make it to the playoffs all the time in this sport.

I stand corrected.

This mediocre team is not a playoff team.

They are lacking.

Darcy and Lindy's team has too many players not earning their keep.

Just one player move for kicks....please?

I'm with the other voices here willing to watch Portland call-ups play instead of a certain handful of regulars.

I will give them credit for bringing up Butler and Gerbe though.

I like to nitpick and find goats as much as anyone, but Ovechkin just made them all look bad. I prefer to say it was just a brilliant play by him. The way he finagled that puck through Tallinder, what are you gonna do?

Trip him? Hook him? Chop him? Chop the stick out of his hand. I'm sick of our Euro- defense. Ridiculous. Bunch of pussies.

Archived