GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

*The Caps are coming off an OT victory against the Blue Shirts,and were coming off an OT loss to the Pens,so i'd say they carry the momentum.

*Ovechkin is starting to get hot,and thats not good for us. He has seven points in 5 games. Who's going to shut him down tonight?

*Pominville needs to end this funk soon.

*Our PK's been very,very good as of late.

*Miller needs to keep this streak of his going. Hes played very well the past 3 games.

I sense OT tonight.

Prediction:

Sabres-4

Caps-3

Vanek nets an OT goal and seals it two minutes into overtime.

*The Caps are coming off an OT victory against the Blue Shirts,and were coming off an OT loss to the Pens,so i'd say they carry the momentum.

*Ovechkin is starting to get hot,and thats not good for us. He has seven points in 5 games. Who's going to shut him down tonight?

*Pominville needs to end this funk soon.

*Our PK's been very,very good as of late.

*Miller needs to keep this streak of his going. Hes played very well the past 3 games.

I sense OT tonight.

Prediction:

Sabres-4

Caps-3

Vanek nets an OT goal and seals it two minutes into overtime.

If the game goes to OT, there's a strong chance the Sabres won't win. I can already picture Ovechkin putting the OT goal in.

Just wanted to throw this out there... I had free tickets given to me for the Caps v. Panthers game at the beginning of the month. That game is the Caps only home regulation loss. I will also be in attendance tonight. :thumbsup:

Nice. If the Sabres win in regulation tonight I will GLADLY hail you as a hero.

I'd like to see Miller tonight, Lalime tomorrow. Last weekend I finally had a bit of confidence in Miller for the first time this season, he didn't look too lost.

I'd also like to see Vanek get something going, but I have a feeling OV will be more spectacular... that being said, no prediction.

Kinda sounds like Lindy is chalking this one up as a likely loss and doesn't want to pile on a second loss tomorrow night at home against the Islanders with Lalime. A few days ago, Lindy said he expected some sloppy play because of the two days off and early flight today. I hate that Lindy is into the self fulfilling prophecy aspect of coaching. See also: back to back games, three games in four nights, first game home after a road trip, tough to close out a team in the playoffs, we never play well in that building etc. ... Ruff is much too negative. Why didn't he say, "With a nice little break and everyone having a good Christmas, we should be all fired up and ready to go"? Sometimes the players are listening.

Kinda sounds like Lindy is chalking this one up as a likely loss and doesn't want to pile on a second loss tomorrow night at home against the Islanders with Lalime. A few days ago, Lindy said he expected some sloppy play because of the two days off and early flight today. I hate that Lindy is into the self fulfilling prophecy aspect of coaching. See also: back to back games, three games in four nights, first game home after a road trip, tough to close out a team in the playoffs, we never play well in that building etc. ... Ruff is much too negative. Why didn't he say, "With a nice little break and everyone having a good Christmas, we should be all fired up and ready to go"? Sometimes the players are listening.

I actually agree with that.

Must be the holidays and all :thumbsup:

I see Vanek giving the puck away. I see Pominville and Sekera getting rattled around the Buffalo crease after the whistle. I see Roy getting caught on a breakaway by Ovechkin. I see Ovechkin coming up the wall without a stick and Pominville not putting him in the first row. I see Peters corkscrewing himself into the ice in his own zone with no one around and icing the puck. Lindy was right. Sloppy.

The only line going is Mair, Kotalik and Paille.

Lalime has been fine.

I see Vanek giving the puck away. I see Pominville and Sekera getting rattled around the Buffalo crease after the whistle. I see Roy getting caught on a breakaway by Ovechkin. I see Ovechkin coming up the wall without a stick and Pominville not putting him in the first row. I see Peters corkscrewing himself into the ice in his own zone with no one around and icing the puck. Lindy was right. Sloppy.

The only line going is Mair, Kotalik and Paille.

Lalime has been fine.

Yes, it was an awful period for the Sabres, with the exception of Lalime. Vanek is really slowing down, he hasn't looked good at all in the last couple of games.

I see Vanek giving the puck away. I see Pominville and Sekera getting rattled around the Buffalo crease after the whistle. I see Roy getting caught on a breakaway by Ovechkin. I see Ovechkin coming up the wall without a stick and Pominville not putting him in the first row. I see Peters corkscrewing himself into the ice in his own zone with no one around and icing the puck.

Sounds like the most self-inflicted, painful game of 'I spy' I've ever heard.

Why do we put ourselves through this?

QFT

Archived