GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Here's a LAMP post: Jonathan Quick, the Kings rookie goalie that came on in the 3rd period lives next door to me. 3 Members of the AHL Manchester Monarchs rented the house next to mine: Quick, Bud Holloway, and Kevin Westgarth. I didn't even know Jon was called up to L.A. You can tell hockey players live next door on trash day. Everyone has normal trash bags on the curb, and their house has stack of empty pizza boxes and cases of beer empties. Happy Jon only let in one goal, and it was sort of flukey.

PTR

Here's a LAMP post: Jonathan Quick, the Kings rookie goalie that came on in the 3rd period lives next door to me. 3 Members of the AHL Manchester Monarchs rented the house next to mine: Quick, Bud Holloway, and Kevin Westgarth. I didn't even know Jon was called up to L.A. You can tell hockey players live next door on trash day. Everyone has normal trash bags on the curb, and their house has stack of empty pizza boxes and cases of beer empties. Happy Jon only let in one goal, and it was sort of flukey.

PTR

I guess this will count as a LAMP too. I miss the days where Quick and and Corey Quirk were teammates at UMASS. Every team needs guys with those names.

Very impressive win tonight.... On to Montreal to get another win before the Bills ruin the weekend..

#%^$#! the Bills. We all know how bad they really are so they should not be ruining your weekends anymore. Who cares, this football season is long gone and I hope they get smoked the next two games. Maybe we'll get to see Hamden play.

#%^$#! the Bills. We all know how bad they really are so they should not be ruining your weekends anymore. Who cares, this football season is long gone and I hope they get smoked the next two games. Maybe we'll get to see Hamden play.

I picked up some extra hours at my second job on Sunday, and thought "bonus, I'll miss the Bills getting the crap kicked outta them by a team they should play tough." Nope - I'll get home right after kickoff... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Lines are all over the place tonight tonight. My best guess is that I know I saw Pommers with Hecht and I think MacArthur, Paille with Ellis and Peters, Mair with Kotalik and Stafford, and Roy Vanek and Kaleta?

I'm just guessing though, I'm sure something ain't perfect there.

edit: okay, I got the first line right, Roy is with Stafford and Paille

They really were all over the place, especially at the end when he was having the "scrubs" eat up minutes to keep the key guys fresh for tomorrow. It started with Kaleta, Roy and Stafford, while Vanek was on the Mair-Kotalik line. That changed a lot, though, throughout the game.

Any chance they'll keep Ellis up? He was really good tonight.

He's up for the Holiday roster freeze through the 27th. Also, Gaustad is questionable tomorrow. He took a puck on the chin in practice the other day and while playing in the last game it was affecting him. I'd be happy to keep Max in the pressbox and, if Gaustad can play, put Peters with Max. Of course, it sounds like Kaleta probably won't be playing tomorrow after that sucker punch. Lindy said that he's having trouble seeing. :cry:

And Kaleta was out for the third. I'm hoping he's alright.

Gauthier should be suspended for trying to elbow Pat in the head, and then coming back and suckering him. Simply unacceptable. Someone should have come out and suckered Gauthier back.

Peters challenged him, but the backed down. That's a true coward when you can try to decapitate someone with an elbow and then drop the gloves and blind side him with a right to the jaw knocking him out of the game. Then when someone tries to go with you, you skate away like a little biatch!!!! Peters should have just suckered him the exact same way Gauthier did to Kaleta. So what if Petey gets suspended for 3 or 4 games, he would probably be scratched anyways.

Sounds like Kaleta must have a concussion or re-hurt his neck. Gotta feel bad for him just coming back and having a few good games.

They should give Gauthier an "injury plus" suspension. In other words, he would be suspended for however long Kaleta is out with the injury plus (say) 5 games.

I picked up some extra hours at my second job on Sunday, and thought "bonus, I'll miss the Bills getting the crap kicked outta them by a team they should play tough." Nope - I'll get home right after kickoff... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Someone doesn't like you, that's just pure torture, especially when you are trying to do the good thing and work extra hours. :chris:

Peters challenged him, but the backed down. That's a true coward when you can try to decapitate someone with an elbow and then drop the gloves and blind side him with a right to the jaw knocking him out of the game. Then when someone tries to go with you, you skate away like a little biatch!!!! Peters should have just suckered him the exact same way Gauthier did to Kaleta. So what if Petey gets suspended for 3 or 4 games, he would probably be scratched anyways.

Exactly. Peters should have bucked up decked him, take the suspension. It'd have been completely acceptable.

They should give Gauthier an "injury plus" suspension. In other words, he would be suspended for however long Kaleta is out with the injury plus (say) 5 games.

Do they do that? I've never heard of it before, but it's an interesting concept.

It's hard to get something going when you only have 10 shots on goal after 40 minutes. Fortunately for the Sabres, the Kings goal tending sucks. Even though the first goal wasn't the LaBarbera's fault.

This team is still soft and gutless other than Kaleta tonight. No one did anything after Gauthier absolutely sucker punched Kaleta, with his bare fist, knocking him to ice. Someone should have jumped him. You see it happen all the time with other teams sticking up for each other, but very rarely do you see it with Buffalo.

If that doesn't translate into the need to make a couple of trades I don't know what does.

I was at the game tonight,it was unreal. I was really impressed with Lydman tonight. He was laying the body,clearing the zone,keeping it to the outside. It seems like the fans are torn. We won but the atmosphere afterward was like,"meh does it mean much?" I would of liked a little bit of more craziness in the air,but the seats i had were great. 300 level,section 327,row 6,seat 2. Perfect view. Plus,i went for free and I GOT DRUNK FOR FREE!!!

Someone doesn't like you, that's just pure torture, especially when you are trying to do the good thing and work extra hours. :chris:

I hear ya. Lately it seems that if not for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...:(

I like the idea of an "injury plus" suspension. I've argued for something similar in the past - I want to see a black-and-white, set-in-stone minimum suspension list, with additional penalties if the victim is unable to return to the ice before the suspension is up or if the attack is especially vicious. Something like "stick foul to the head - minimum 5 games suspension" regardless of intent. If the attack seems premeditated the league can add extra games, or if the player suffers a concussion and misses more than the original suspension, the league can again tack on extra games.

I like the idea of an "injury plus" suspension. I've argued for smething similar in the past - I want to see a black-and-white, set-in-stone minimum suspension list, with additional penalties if the victim is unable to return to the ice before the suspension is up or if the attack is especially vicious. Something like "stick foul to the head - minimum 5 games suspension" regardless of intent. If the attack seems premeditated the league can add extra games, or if the player suffers a concussion and misses more than the original suspension, the league can again tack on extra games.

If they had an "injury plus" suspension, Tim Connolly would score 100 goals a season. Nobody would come near him knowing that he would get hurt just looking at him and they would be out.

The game was on but I didn't see much of it. My 4 year old was throwing up every ten minutes from 8p to 2a. Now she's doing the same thing from the other end. I'm sleepy.

If they had an "injury plus" suspension, Tim Connolly would score 100 goals a season. Nobody would come near him knowing that he would get hurt just looking at him and they would be out.

The game was on but I didn't see much of it. My 4 year old was throwing up every ten minutes from 8p to 2a. Now she's doing the same thing from the other end. I'm sleepy.

:lol:

I see your point and I agree, I'm more of a minimum suspension guy, but I can see the merits to an injury-plus suspension, at least in extreme cases (Bertuzzi comes to mind.) I do think there can be an acceptable medium.

I really want to see significant minimum suspensions for various offenses such as stick fouls to the head, headhunting and sucker punches, with the league having the option to add on extra games as it sees fit.

Sorry to hear about the little one being sick. I've been there and know how you feel.

:lol:

I see your point and I agree, I'm more of a minimum suspension guy, but I can see the merits to an injury-plus suspension, at least in extreme cases (Bertuzzi comes to mind.) I do think there can be an acceptable medium.

I really want to see significant minimum suspensions for various offenses such as stick fouls to the head, headhunting and sucker punches, with the league having the option to add on extra games as it sees fit.

Sorry to hear about the little one being sick. I've been there and know how you feel.

I agree with the minimum suspensions. I am ever confused by what refs call and don't call, and by what the league cares and doesn't care about. I think in a league where Bertuzzi is still playing and Avery gets suspended, the best way I can explain it is with this episode of South Park. The gist is that we are more offended by sex than by violence.

Archived