GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

we don't have anyone on the point because that person is deep chasing the puck, Poms did it twice and they pasted it back to the empty point. Also Teppo ain't really moving when he is back there

I'm convinced after watching Teppo the past few games he needs to have every third game off for now so he can play full time down the stretch. We've got enough young, adequate, blue liners to spell him a bit.

How does a team not score on a four minute power play? What is so hard about setting up a power play for this team? When we try to clear it on the boards we can't, but when other teams try to it's like we have no one on the point.

We do not deserve to be winning this game right now.

It's hard to get something going when you only have 10 shots on goal after 40 minutes. Fortunately for the Sabres, the Kings goal tending sucks. Even though the first goal wasn't the LaBarbera's fault.

This team is still soft and gutless other than Kaleta tonight. No one did anything after Gauthier absolutely sucker punched Kaleta, with his bare fist, knocking him to ice. Someone should have jumped him. You see it happen all the time with other teams sticking up for each other, but very rarely do you see it with Buffalo.

Both great points, Teppo really needs time off and not one hits on this team other than the few games Goose wants to play (haven't seen him at all tonight but only watched the 2nd really).

Anyone notice the play pick up after the sabres got those two goals like kids feeding off the energy of each other. Shows me that when the team is down they ARE WAY DOWN. Kind of goes back to need someone to run the locker room better and tells me something that I don't wanna believe, Lindy doesn't have any control over these guys.

It's hard to get something going when you only have 10 shots on goal after 40 minutes. Fortunately for the Sabres, the Kings goal tending sucks. Even though the first goal wasn't the LaBarbera's fault.

This team is still soft and gutless other than Kaleta tonight. No one did anything after Gauthier absolutely sucker punched Kaleta, with his bare fist, knocking him to ice. Someone should have jumped him. You see it happen all the time with other teams sticking up for each other, but very rarely do you see it with Buffalo.

It still goes back to not have those key leaders in the locker room. I think they are a good group of guys who seem to get along well, but the fact they punted the captaincy to Rivet (who does seem to be a good leader) is a pretty clear signal about the overall team. Without Rivet, they do seem to have lost an edge.

I wouldn't go as far as that, the three goals resulted from some hard work. I am nervous about the third, however, They are letting down a bit....

I will. The Kings are about as mediocre as we are. We're only winning because Miller is actually making saves. He's beating a career backup goaltender. If we were playing a good team we'd be getting stonewalled with the lack of shots on goal we have.

we don't have anyone on the point because that person is deep chasing the puck, Poms did it twice and they pasted it back to the empty point. Also Teppo ain't really moving when he is back there

Even when we do the puck always seems to squirt past them. They just sit there and watch it go through their feet. Are we that bad at keeping it in? Or is everyone else that much better at clearing it?

Both great points, Teppo really needs time off and not one hits on this team other than the few games Goose wants to play (haven't seen him at all tonight but only watched the 2nd really).

Anyone notice the play pick up after the sabres got those two goals like kids feeding off the energy of each other. Shows me that when the team is down they ARE WAY DOWN. Kind of goes back to need someone to run the locker room better and tells me something that I don't wanna believe, Lindy doesn't have any control over these guys.

goose is out tonight. got hit in the face with a puck last game.

Mair is playing with some energy tonight though.

Miller was lucky on at least one save in the second and if one of the forwards didn't back check all the way to the goal line he would have been beat on a second again. Overall however he does look sharper tonight than in the past. Im sold on Miller being a above average goalie and pray the enroth can be something in the minors.

What are the lines tonight I saw Vanek on a line with Mair or was that the middle of a change?

Lines are all over the place tonight tonight. My best guess is that I know I saw Pommers with Hecht and I think MacArthur, Paille with Ellis and Peters, Mair with Kotalik and Stafford, and Roy Vanek and Kaleta?

I'm just guessing though, I'm sure something ain't perfect there.

edit: okay, I got the first line right, Roy is with Stafford and Paille

I think Miller has been reading our posts lately. He's been playing lights out tonight.

He's definitely keeping himself in position tonight. I know I'm jinxing him, but I'd be willing to bet he let's in a bad goal in the late minutes to blow the shutout. I'm hoping he stays focused and gets the SO for his confidence. They've got Montreal tomorrow.

He's definitely keeping himself in position tonight. I know I'm jinxing him, but I'd be willing to bet he let's in a bad goal in the late minutes to blow the shutout. I'm hoping he stays focused and gets the SO for his confidence. They've got Montreal tomorrow.

I figured i jinxed it by posting before the game was over. Truth be told i missed most of the 2nd while playing xbox and i just had to rewind and watch the goals. Still just as good when they aren't live.

Nice finish by Ellis on that one, BTW.

Archived