GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

This is a big game for the devils. Can they get revenge for last Saturday night? For the sabres, it represents a different challenge. Nathan Gerbe is out with an injury till about Christmas time. While he wasn't exactly scoring, his skating and puckhandling was enough to free up Stafford, who has been really hot since Gerbe got called up. It will be interesting to see if Stafford keeps on trucking with a new linemate, or if he tails off. Also, Kaleta is back. I really like how the 3rd and 4th lines have been contributing lately, and I hope that Kaleta doesn't become gunshy from his style of play due to his neck injury. I think it will be a close one, but honestly, we haven't had a good old fashioned blowout lately. Vanek is simply too hot to ignore here, and quite frankly, so is roy, stafford, and the defense. They need to spread it around and score a lot to get into the Christmas spirit!

7:00pm

This is a big game for the devils. Can they get revenge for last Saturday night? For the sabres, it represents a different challenge. Nathan Gerbe is out with an injury till about Christmas time. While he wasn't exactly scoring, his skating and puckhandling was enough to free up Stafford, who has been really hot since Gerbe got called up. It will be interesting to see if Stafford keeps on trucking with a new linemate, or if he tails off. Also, Kaleta is back. I really like how the 3rd and 4th lines have been contributing lately, and I hope that Kaleta doesn't become gunshy from his style of play due to his neck injury. I think it will be a close one, but honestly, we haven't had a good old fashioned blowout lately. Vanek is simply too hot to ignore here, and quite frankly, so is roy, stafford, and the defense. They need to spread it around and score a lot to get into the Christmas spirit!

Here's hoping the Sabres come out with a good effort tonight. Coming off of four days rest and the Devils having played in a shootout loss in Toronto last night, there are no excuses. Come out and hit them in the mouth early. No predictions from me, just win! Go Sabres!

Play "ugly" not "pretty". Fans would rather see an ugly, hard-nosed win than another home loss followed by "I think we try to put on a show for the fans and make one more pretty pass." F**K that S**T!!! Hit harder, battle harder, PLAY HARDER!!

I always hate that comment from the players. If you win the game you will not get booed at the end.

This is one of those games where we play an opponent at home who just played a game last night and people expect them to be tired. These are the games we're good at losing.

Good call. It seemed like there was a fair amount of hostility and yapping at the game the other night, though, so hopefully the Sabres won't come out flat.

I'd like to see some scoring from someone besides Vanek and Roy -- I haven't run the numbers, but I'm worried DeLuca might be winning our bet. (I'd also like to see it anyway as an indicator of a good team).

Play "ugly" not "pretty". Fans would rather see an ugly, hard-nosed win than another home loss followed by "I think we try to put on a show for the fans and make one more pretty pass." F**K that S**T!!! Hit harder, battle harder, PLAY HARDER!!

:thumbsup:

Good call. It seemed like there was a fair amount of hostility and yapping at the game the other night, though, so hopefully the Sabres won't come out flat.

I'd like to see some scoring from someone besides Vanek and Roy -- I haven't run the numbers, but I'm worried DeLuca might be winning our bet. (I'd also like to see it anyway as an indicator of a good team).

We are due for one of those games where the puck bounces our way and we score a ton but I'm not confident this is the game yet nor I'm I predicting it.

I'll settle for a gold old fashioned slug fest 2-1 sound defensive win. Go Sabres...

I'm so confused with this team. I have no clue which group of guys is going to show up tonight. I have no guess at this game. I just hope the damn Sabres win after watching the Bills somehow call stupider plays then the week before. I don't understand how they can actually do this.

Go Sabres!!!

Back to back games with Jersey is a great way to measure how far we've come defensivly. I didn't get to watch saturdays game,so i cant comment on how they played. But with the days off,and with NJ playing last night,i dont want to read qoutes from players like the ones posted before me.

Vanek is red hot and i dont think hes gonna slow it down tonight. I think we're gonna come out hard and but NJ in a hole before the 2nd.

Prediction:

Sabres-3

NJ-1

our PP pointmen really blow! I don't remember the last time Spacek scored

from the point, and he takes millions of shots.

The PP is always too mechanical. PP by numbers. Point A to B, B to C, C to B. And we're always on the perimeter. Hasn't really changed in years.

I cannot believe we are allowing these guy's to out hustle/hit us and we are backing up again tonight through nuetral ice instead of forcing play all over the ice..

Also why are all these stick hooks NJ keeps pulling off and stealing the puck right off our guy's not hooks or interference..

Oh and that last goal Miller let in :wallbash:

Archived