GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Well I am pretty much convinced that this team is what it is...........mediocre at best and I can only see them making the playoffs as an 8 seed. I thought after a few tough wins strung together that last night would have been a good opportunity for the Sabres to have one of their break out games. Boy was I wrong. Tonight they get to face one of two career back up goalies in the league. Normally that would be reason enough to get a little excited for a Sabres lopsided win. I am not excited, nor do I expect the Sabres to even win. I am sure The Lime will be in goal, but with what's in front of him on the ice who cares. This season is quickly becoming uninteresting and the games have become a bit boring to say the least. That first game against Tampa had some excitement, but giving up those leads like they did was ridiculous. This team just seems to be stuck in neutral and there doesn't seem to be a repair shop anywhere near. :ph34r:

NJ 4 Buffalo 2 :blush: :death:

I agree that NJ gets 5, but the Sabres are going to score 7.

And Max will score tonight(maybe 2)

Look at you all positive and Rosy , what's that med your taking called again ? ;)

As far me this morning , well lets just say Bah humbug.... :angry:

Devils have Rolston and Holik (2 tough veteran forwards they picked up last summer who both would've been perfect for the Sabres) back from injury. They also have mental toughness from top to bottom and an organizational commitment to winning. They lost Brodeur, took a couple of weeks to adjust, and have now won 9 out of 10. Our group of mental midgets won 3, 2 of which were against the worst team in the league, fell apart mentally yet again last night in the 3rd period of a tight game and now looks primed to go on another 4-game slide.

OTOH, the Devils will probably have a bit of a letdown after a huge win over their rivals (the Rangers) last night. IF the Sabres can dig deep and IF Lalime can play well and IF Stafford, Kotalik, Max, et al can bury their chances, we could win. And nothing surprises me about this team anymore.

So I'll watch and I'll hope and I'll be PO'd again if they lose again.

Go Sabres.

Devils have Rolston and Holik (2 tough veteran forwards they picked up last summer who both would've been perfect for the Sabres) back from injury. They also have mental toughness from top to bottom and an organizational commitment to winning. They lost Brodeur, took a couple of weeks to adjust, and have now won 9 out of 10. Our group of mental midgets won 3, 2 of which were against the worst team in the league, fell apart mentally yet again last night in the 3rd period of a tight game and now looks primed to go on another 4-game slide.

OTOH, the Devils will probably have a bit of a letdown after a huge win over their rivals (the Rangers) last night. IF the Sabres can dig deep and IF Lalime can play well and IF Stafford, Kotalik, Max, et al can bury their chances, we could win. And nothing surprises me about this team anymore.

So I'll watch and I'll hope and I'll be PO'd again if they lose again.

Go Sabres.

Spoken like a true Buffalo fan .... and like they say "why they play the game anything can happen"..

Lets Go Buffalo, show some stones on the road after a the ice capades 3rd period yesterday... and make your fans proud.

As for me I will be at a christmas party w/family counting my blessings and like that 5 year old on xmas morn hoping to to find one more present at the end of day.

There were quite a few interviews after last night's debacle where some players seemed pretty pissed. I'd like to see that carry over to tonight, I just don't know if we have genuine players. I fear they might be saying what we want to hear, followed by some drinking and "grab the sausage". I hope they prove me wrong tonight.... should be some good fights if nothing else.

Ahhh!!!! Hockey Night in New Jersey - that can only mean one thing for us held hostage by bulls*** blackout rules, a drunken Chico Rieche stumbling through every word and Doc "There isn't a good thing to say about anyone except a Devil" Emmerick!!!! So let's see, crappy Sabres hockey, the Devils trap and an MSG+ broadcast, WOW what an exciting time!

Wow... What a series by the Devils... Lalime is oh so lucky he wasn't beat on the wrap around... Getting a bit sloppy defensively..

EDIT: Replay shows Teppo got his stick in the way to save the goal..

Archived