GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

Well, now that the Sabres have themselves a powder puff winning streak, with a victory over a quality team sandwiched between victories against the worst team in the league, it's time to exact some revenge on Toronto. Revenge you say? Well, Toronto hasn't done anything to Buffalo this year, but it's still Toronto. I hate that team, and I hate anything associated with the Rogers Center! Beat the leafs! Beat the leafs! BLOW LEAFS BLOW!

Man....i wish you guys didn't post as much or AS fast! I wake up, go to school, then work, come back here and some topics are 3-5 pages long....yea, i wanna read ALL OF that right? lol ( i skim thru em, then post....I'd post here alot more if time allowed)

My cousin lives in Saugua', and he LOVES picking on Buffalo. Leafs-Sabres are great rivalry, and with that short statment. . .

BLOW LEAFS BLOW!

I don't know whose back's that strong, Maybe find out before too long.

Wisdom teeth are out, hope I don't get dumb. But the Vicodin are good, I hope I can stay awake for the game tonight.

Go Sabres!

Did you try to take the nurse home too? (See Complaint Thursday thread).

They've got a bit of a roll going. I think we actually get the first pair today and wind up winning 3-2.

I would like to see a physical game. Too bad Pat Kaleta won't be lacing them up because seeing him and Holleweg on the same ice would be entertaining.

As for the real game I don't see the Sabres losing this one. I think Miller will be strong and they will limit the Leafs to under 25 shots. BUF 5 TOR 2 with 2 more for Vanek.

Goose needs to be physical tonight, and quite honestly, when he's not being physical he might as well just sit on the bench.

I like Goose, but he's not getting paid to score goals or set them up, he's paid to create space for his teammates.

He's been good during our streak, which I think is no coincidence. He needs to keep playing the way he is.

Goose needs to be physical tonight, and quite honestly, when he's not being physical he might as well just sit on the bench.

I like Goose, but he's not getting paid to score goals or set them up, he's paid to create space for his teammates.

He's been good during our streak, which I think is no coincidence. He needs to keep playing the way he is.

100% correct.

As for the game -- I'm not going to predict anything. I just want to see us come out and play hard from the get-go.

And another thing: I've never disliked the Leafs, since they've been so lousy for so long, but I think I might be starting to. They're turning into the Yankees. Burke seems fairly full of himself, and this line about wanting to be closer to his kids in Boston just sounds like BS. He wanted the Leafs job, period. Don't drag your kids into it, buddy. And stop talking about how tough your teams are.

And those Torontonians, going after our football team and filling up our hockey arena, with their money and their manners and their donuts. WTF do they think they are?

I'd guess Lindy doesn't like the whole thing one bit either.

I just wished I trusted our team to come out and play with a chip on their shoulder...

Haven't looked much at the standings this year. Did so today... Things that caught my eye:

1. Boston is the number 1 seed in the East

2. The Rangers STILL have three more games played than most everyone else. The NHL does a great job keeping all teams close in games played away and home. That three game lead has been there all season.

3. San Jose has not lost at home in regulation going 15-0-2.. The Capitals are 11-1-1 at home.

4. Tampa is 1-7-2 in their last ten and that 1 was from last night versus Montreal..

5. San Jose is the first team to crack 100 goals at 104. Isles only team in triple digits in goals against at 107.

6. The Sens have the fewest goals scored in the East at 63!!! and the West!!! Bet they wish they could play the Sabres every week.

7. No team in the West has scored fewer than 73 goals and 3 teams in the East don't have 70.

8. Only two teams have double digit road wins, Detroit and Edmonton.

9. Best positive net goal differential belongs to San Jose at 40. Worst net goal differential belongs to Isles at 32 (ouch!)

10. Most OTL belong to Tampa at 8.

and maybe the sweetest one of all:

11. Dallas is the worst team in the West...

2. The Rangers STILL have three more games played than most everyone else. The NHL does a great job keeping all teams close in games played away and home. That three game lead has been there all season.

What's worse is that they have six games played more than NJ. How does that happen? The little algorithm that the NHL uses should have a little check: GP(TeamA, t) - GP(TeamB, t) <= 2 for all A, B and t.

I'm glad that the Bruins actually passed them in points, despite the difference in GP, so that the media couldn't keep calling the Rangers the top team in the East. In fact, the last time that the Rangers were truly in first was through 16 games (comparing all teams' points at 16 GP), at which point they were tied with the Bruins, but held the wins tie-breaker. When the Bruins gained a point in their 17th game (ironically, in an SO loss to the Rangers in their 20th game) after the Rangers had lost their 17th, the Rangers moved to second and have not taken back the top spot (in equal games played) since.

Is this due to ill-will from no goal? If I hated every team that beat my favorite team in a championship, it would be a long list.

Heck yes...

My list is short:

Philadelphia Flyers, Dallas Stars, Carolina Hurricanes, New York Football Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins...

:thumbsup:

I am not overconfident with this Sabres team and expecting an easy win. They have a bad habit of making what should be easy games nail biters or losses. The Laughs do work hard and play the hard nosed style that Wilson wants. I also know they will cotinue with that plan as noted by in the Bflo Snooze article about Burky today;

We require from our team proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence,? Burke said. ?That?s how our teams play.?

They did it so well in Anaheim the rest of the Western Conference had to mimic the framework. Teams got tougher to combat the bruising Ducks, and the style of play changed. If Burke turns Toronto into Anaheim East, teams like the Sabres ? fast and skilled up front and on defense ? could need to tweak their design.

I made the observation in off season with addition of Wilson this divison was going to change to west coast style now with Burke it's a certainty, so Buffalo just playing the fast skilled way is no longer an option and Grit needs to become the style of game they play game in and game out. Toronto is not there talent wise yet so we need to make hay while we can I'll guess Bflo 3-2 in a hard fought win.

Heck yes...

My list is short:

Philadelphia Flyers, Dallas Stars, Carolina Hurricanes, New York Football Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins...

What about Ottawa? They simply own the Sabres. I'm also surprised you left out the Patriots.

When do things even out (like 1 or 2 games)? All star break or right to the end?

I am not overconfident with this Sabres team and expecting an easy win. They have a bad habit of making what should be easy games nail biters or losses. The Laughs do work hard and play the hard nosed style that Wilson wants. I also know they will cotinue with that plan as noted by in the Bflo Snooze article about Burky today;

We require from our team proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence,? Burke said. ?That?s how our teams play.?

They did it so well in Anaheim the rest of the Western Conference had to mimic the framework. Teams got tougher to combat the bruising Ducks, and the style of play changed. If Burke turns Toronto into Anaheim East, teams like the Sabres ? fast and skilled up front and on defense ? could need to tweak their design.

I made the observation in off season with addition of Wilson this divison was going to change to west coast style now with Burke it's a certainty, so Buffalo just playing the fast skilled way is no longer an option and Grit needs to become the style of game they play game in and game out. Toronto is not there talent wise yet so we need to make hay while we can I'll guess Bflo 3-2 in a hard fought win.

Doesn't mean Darcy sees it that way though :wallbash:

Agreed. An easy win just doesn't seem to exist for Buffalo this year and with the parity in the NHL today, there are no easy games (as noted by struggles against Tampa this year). However this team has had some spark since the Florida game (and even in that game they put 45 shots on goal in a Loss). I'd like to see Gerbe present more of a reason to stick around tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that he is opening up the ice for Roy a bit with his speed but tends to be a liability sometimes backchecking. I'd also like to see Teppo get a breather. He is 41 years old and we have a healthy Nathan Paetch who is ready to go. Shuffling him into the lineup to give Teppo a break and see him with fresher legs in NJ tomorrow would be nice. Anyhow just a couple of thoughts, I also think Buffalo wins a tough one tonight 3-2 in OT. Go Sabres!

Agreed. An easy win just doesn't seem to exist for Buffalo this year and with the parity in the NHL today, there are no easy games (as noted by struggles against Tampa this year). However this team has had some spark since the Florida game (and even in that game they put 45 shots on goal in a Loss). I'd like to see Gerbe present more of a reason to stick around tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that he is opening up the ice for Roy a bit with his speed but tends to be a liability sometimes backchecking. I'd also like to see Teppo get a breather. He is 41 years old and we have a healthy Nathan Paetch who is ready to go. Shuffling him into the lineup to give Teppo a break and see him with fresher legs in NJ tomorrow would be nice. Anyhow just a couple of thoughts, I also think Buffalo wins a tough one tonight 3-2 in OT. Go Sabres!

Yeah I agree and one thing I have noticed with him up in the last three games 'the line changes' breaking up Roy and Vanek which didn't originally thrill me appear to have provided alot more shots and scoring chances across all the lines.

Now if only we could acheive a scoring balance across those combinations then were cooking....

The Sabres are LOOOONG overdue for one of their goal outbursts and real out back woodshed beatdown of someone. What better than to have this happen against the stinkin Leafs. Of course in order for this to happen, Miller, The Lime and the defense would have to be playing good enough to keep the Leafs goals to a minimum.

Going out on a limb, Sabres 7, Leafs 2.

The Sabres are LOOOONG overdue for one of their goal outbursts and real out back woodshed beatdown of someone. What better than to have this happen against the stinkin Leafs. Of course in order for this to happen, Miller, The Lime and the defense would have to be playing good enough to keep the Leafs goals to a minimum.

Going out on a limb, Sabres 7, Leafs 2.

THis would indeed be a long overdue outburst. Kinda like the idea.

Archived