GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Game thoughts(I'll keep it brief)

-On top of one of the most boring games I've EVER seen in person with little hitting on the Sabres part and no ability to complete the shortest of passes, I had to drive home in white-out conditions on Rte. 400.

Last 4 homes games I've been to...

Atlanta 5 Buffalo 2

Columbus 6 Buffalo 1

Philly 3 Buffalo 0

Nashville 2 Buffalo 0

The time for a major shakeup is NOW! I've got nothing else to say. :sick:

Time for you to stop going to Sabres games. They have been outscored 16-3 in the four games you have attended and their goals per game is dropping each time, although that can't get any worse I guess.

Looks like the Sabres didn't want to get outdone by the Bills pitiful showing, or lack thereof showing.

Time for you to stop going to Sabres games. They have been outscored 16-3 in the four games you have attended and their goals per game is dropping each time, although that can't get any worse I guess.

Looks like the Sabres didn't want to get outdone by the Bills pitiful showing, or lack thereof showing.

If Quinny wants to refund my season ticket money(I split tickets), I'll be glad to watch the rest of this season at home. :D

Game thoughts(I'll keep it brief)

-On top of one of the most boring games I've EVER seen in person with little hitting on the Sabres part and no ability to complete the shortest of passes, I had to drive home in white-out conditions on Rte. 400.

Last 4 homes games I've been to...

Atlanta 5 Buffalo 2

Columbus 6 Buffalo 1

Philly 3 Buffalo 0

Nashville 2 Buffalo 0

The time for a major shakeup is NOW! I've got nothing else to say. :sick:

I'm so pissed off, I can't even get my crappy games straight...

Tampa(not Atlanta) 5 Buffalo 2

No matter what they say, there just don't seem to be any true leaders on this club. I don't think there's any friction at all, they seem like they have decent team chemistry, but the lack of a take-charge leader is noticeable. I think the telltale sign was the team electing Rivet as captain. I think he's a great guy and probably a good leader, but for the team to vote the new arrival captain seems to indicate they basically punted the leadership on the team.

Nice post! :thumbsup:

The only thing worse than your handle is your stupid ass takes. Go away please.

Nothing is more annoying then the dude who keeps wanting Vanek/Max/Roy line to be re-united. Each and every game thread. Does this guy even watch the damn games? :censored:

But yeah, that other dude is starting to get on my nerves too.

Nothing is more annoying then the dude who keeps wanting Vanek/Max/Roy line to be re-united. Each and every game thread. Does this guy even watch the damn games? :censored:

But yeah, that other dude is starting to get on my nerves too.

I probably watch as many of "the damn games" as you or anyone else on this board. And I knew that I would get flamed - there is an arrogant sector of guys with thousands of posts who think that they are infinitely more educated that the guys with just a few posts. I don't care - continue to flame away. And I'm not even a Max apologist or think that he should be on a line with Roy/Vanek. He's just better than half of the lunchmeat that was out there tonight who couldn't score against some totally unknown goalie.

I probably watch as many of "the damn games" as you or anyone else on this board. And I knew that I would get flamed - there is an arrogant sector of guys with thousands of posts who think that they are infinitely more educated that the guys with just a few posts. I don't care - continue to flame away. And I'm not even a Max apologist or think that he should be on a line with Roy/Vanek. He's just better than half of the lunchmeat that was out there tonight who couldn't score against some totally unknown goalie.

This has nothing to do with having thousands of posts. This is just you keep on telling us how good Max is and how he scares the defense. NO HE DOESN'T. He doesn't SCARE anyone except Ryan Miller who just hopes he doesn't turn the puck over for another odd-man rush. Max is a turnover machine and i'd have to guess he must be the most hated guy in that locker room. We lost the game, if the guys on the ice couldn't score, then so wouldn't Max. I don't understand why people can't understand that! He even played the PP alot this and last season and has 11 goals to show for it all in 2 seasons. He's a JOKE. He's always been a JOKE in the playoffs during our 2 long playoff runs and he's now a JOKE full time. If it wasn't to his $3.5 million contract, he'd be long gone.

And for a guy who has like 3 posts since like 2006, i don't think it's wise to call out the posters. Share you're opinion and i'll share mine. If you say something stupid, i'll respond, if you have 4 posts or 4000. And right now, you're just talking stupid.

This has nothing to do with having thousands of posts. This is just you keep on telling us how good Max is and how he scares the defense. NO HE DOESN'T. He doesn't SCARE anyone except Ryan Miller who just hopes he doesn't turn the puck over for another odd-man rush. Max is a turnover machine and i'd have to guess he must be the most hated guy in that locker room. We lost the game, if the guys on the ice couldn't score, then so wouldn't Max. I don't understand why people can't understand that! He even played the PP alot this and last season and has 11 goals to show for it all in 2 seasons. He's a JOKE. He's always been a JOKE in the playoffs during our 2 long playoff runs and he's now a JOKE full time. If it wasn't to his $3.5 million contract, he'd be long gone.

And for a guy who has like 3 posts since like 2006, i don't think it's wise to call out the posters. Share you're opinion and i'll share mine. If you say something stupid, i'll respond, if you have 4 posts or 4000. And right now, you're just talking stupid.

Didn't the great server crash of '08 delete a lot of posts?

You're not even reading the posts - I agree that he's a turnover machine and is overpaid . But you're talking stupid if you're saying that the team is better with him in the press box rather than the third or fourth line. Go bury Gaustad and Hecht - they play on the PP and don't have anything to show for it either.

Not singling you out, Swamp, but I cannot wait until the Sabres deal Max or he walks as a UFA, if for no other reason than to finally bury the most overrated line in Sabres history.

That's fine. Don't worry, I know that Max is a mess. I only keep saying it because it would be something different. Nothing else has worked and Lindy has shown me every other option with him. It is all that is left in order to get rid of him. If nothing else, Max would look better playing with Roy and Vanek and be worth more in a trade. A three million dollar healthy scratch? :blink:

You're not even reading the posts - I agree that he's a turnover machine and is overpaid . But you're talking stupid if you're saying that the team is better with him in the press box rather than the third or fourth line. Go bury Gaustad and Hecht - they play on the PP and don't have anything to show for it either.

Gaustad averages 1:19 and Hecht :54 of PP time per game. No exactly the 4+ minutes/game average by Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Connolly and Spacek. Hell, even that Max waste of a roster spot still gets over 3 minutes of PP time per game.

So when I look at problems with PP scoring, I am not looking anywhere in the direction of two guys who barely sniff the ice during the man advantage.

LINK

That's fine. Don't worry, I know that Max is a mess. I only keep saying it because it would be something different. Nothing else has worked and Lindy has shown me every other option with him. It is all that is left in order to get rid of him. If nothing else, Max would look better playing with Roy and Vanek and be worth more in a trade. A three million dollar healthy scratch? :blink:

Max is a convenient scapegoat. No, he's not playing well, but neither are 19 other guys. The Sabres' record in games where Max is a healthy scratch? 0-3.

Gaustad averages 1:19 and Hecht :54 of PP time per game. No exactly the 4+ minutes/game average by Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Connolly and Spacek. Hell, even that Max waste of a roster spot still gets over 3 minutes of PP time per game.

So when I look at problems with PP scoring, I am not looking anywhere in the direction of two guys who barely sniff the ice during the man advantage.

LINK

Fair enough. But if you read this board, you'd think that Max is the root of every problem from the Sabres' poor power play to Buffalo's lack of any meaningful waterfront development. It's unfair to make him a scapegoat for the team's erratic goaltending, its lack of real playmakers, its lack of tough guys who can score (Lucic), and its absence of defensemen who can skate and hit.

Apparently the only key to shutting out the sabres is to start a goalie that nobody has heard of before. Fukka Rinne? Are you kidding me? Someone wake up darcy and tell him to make a trade. Max is worth more as a future 5th round pick than a current healthy scratch. Jesus H. Christ!

I've said it before - What makes the FO think that you can add ONE player to a weak team, and then have a better season than last year?

It's sheer arrogance, unless they're hoping to win the draft lottery, who knows?

Max is a convenient scapegoat. No, he's not playing well, but neither are 19 other guys. The Sabres' record in games where Max is a healthy scratch? 0-3.
Fair enough. But if you read this board, you'd think that Max is the root of every problem from the Sabres' poor power play to Buffalo's lack of any meaningful waterfront development. It's unfair to make him a scapegoat for the team's erratic goaltending, its lack of real playmakers, its lack of tough guys who can score (Lucic), and its absence of defensemen who can skate and hit.

He does lead the team with a -10(on pace for a -33 for the year)

I'm not sure but I think that's not too good.

I agree, but the thing here to remember is that Lindy isn't scratching Max, it's very effectively Max scratching himself with being so piss-poor in every aspect of the game.

I think the guys on the whip tonight summed it up best in regards to Max; A guy with that much talent and potential should not be playing this bad. Add on his salary, and people become less patient with him. He's not a rookie. He's been with this team/coach for long enough. He is NOT conforming to what Lindy and the rest of the team needs from him. Is the team better off without him? I'm beginning to wonder that......but if we can move him, we should. I think it's time, for both parties. Look what he's doing to the fans!! We're fighting now :rolleyes:

BUT......moving him will NOT solve this team's problems. Even if it were him AND Timmy for a 2nd line center (never happens in real life) we are still just an average team hoping to get some lucky bounces. We have a serious lack of offensive ability on this team. Guys just aren't committed to what Lindy is preaching, and it shows. That's bad news.....

I think the guys on the whip tonight summed it up best in regards to Max; A guy with that much talent and potential should not be playing this bad. Add on his salary, and people become less patient with him. He's not a rookie. He's been with this team/coach for long enough. He is NOT conforming to what Lindy and the rest of the team needs from him. Is the team better off without him? I'm beginning to wonder that......but if we can move him, we should. I think it's time, for both parties. Look what he's doing to the fans!! We're fighting now :rolleyes:

BUT......moving him will NOT solve this team's problems. Even if it were him AND Timmy for a 2nd line center (never happens in real life) we are still just an average team hoping to get some lucky bounces. We have a serious lack of offensive ability on this team. Guys just aren't committed to what Lindy is preaching, and it shows. That's bad news.....

Good post.

IMO, they MAY be getting tied of Lindy's task-master approach. That dog just don't hunt anymore.

I really feared this when DB and CD left... I still stick to my argument/hunch they left because of Lindy's approach.

The guys gotta be getting tired?... I know it would wear on me.

Coach SpongeBob

"The team is blowing a gasket"...

:death:

It's getting to the point where the Sabres, if it is financially possible, to bring up another player(s) to the Sabres. What ever the Sabres decide to do will either help this team or keep them where they are at. Bring up Weber or Gerbe or Kennedy. I'd like to see what happens. Buffalo has nothing to lose if they do this.

Anyone see it when they had Rob Ray feature that guy who makes the ice? They made it sound

all high-tech and everything with those three hanging devices that "take care of everything." They said the guy was the Einstein of everything, a one man band, then they showed the guy calibrating something in the basement, it looked like the engine room of the Titanic, pretty impressive. Then in the third period, Ray says there's too much snow on the ice and it's helped with the horrible pace.

There's too many "geniuses" in this organization who put on a splendid dog and pony show and what we are left with at the end is crap. Unfortunately it starts at the top with Golisano and Quinn.

I would start with the ice guy, then I'd take on the fancy Euros on this team who have slick moves and the big

salaries and no guts. Winning the Cup doesn't matter to them as much as the North American boys.

I want a team of 90-95 percent North Americans. Americans, Canadians and Quebeckers with guts, smarts, speed and skill !

There should be noone who is safe.

Archived