GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Tomorrow's game will serve to show that either the last two wins were aberrations or that the loss to montreal was the quirk. I really like the way that the team has played lately, and I'm looking forward to more of the same tomorrow. Start the holiday season off right with a victory!

If they play the way they did in any of it's last 5 games, they should win easily. Philly, Isles and Montreal were all very well played games i thought. Sabres need to get an early lead and stay out of the box.

Hope Patrick Kaleta gets a full night sleep tonight though. He's gonna be pretty busy with some of those goons..... Tootoo, Nichol....

I think I'd rather see Peters than Kaleta. His act is getting old.

And Peters' isn't?

Seriously, at least Kaleta can play a regular shift and on occasion actually paste somebody. I'll take his 49 hits over Peters 8 any day of the week.

I guess I'm just not too big on the enforcer role these days, especially seeing how Peters isn't a very good fighter.

And Peters' isn't?

Seriously, at least Kaleta can play a regular shift and on occasion actually paste somebody. I'll take his 49 hits over Peters 8 any day of the week.

I guess I'm just not too big on the enforcer role these days, especially seeing how Peters isn't a very good fighter.

I meant because neither of them are actually very good at their "roles". Peter's fights...well...we all know what they look like. All Kaleta tries to do is hit, and he ends up just chasing people all shift and then turns turtle once he actually does hit someone. Peters is actually playing better hockey-ya know...skating and trying to score with his linemates. Believe me, I'm just as surprised writing it as you are in reading it.

This is (was) a perfect game to play Patrick Lalime. Instead we play him in Montreal. I know it's tough to go back to back for goaltenders and I know Miller has seen a good deal of work lately, but I still don't like the decision to put Lalime in on the road against a divisional opponent when you know you have another game coming up in 2 days against a non-divisional opponent.

Kaleta the latest injury

Patrick Kaleta was absent from the morning skate today and will miss tonight's game against Nashville with what coach Lindy Ruff termed a "head/neck" injury suffered on the heavy hit he took early in the third period Saturday from Montreal's Andrei Kostitsyn. Ruff made it sound like Kaleta will be in the week-to-week mode.

Ales Kotalik (hamstring) will be back in the lineup to take Kaleta's spot and Ruff said Andrew Peters will dress on the fourth line with Kotalik and Adam Mair. It looks like Maxim Afinogenov will once again be a healthy scratch. The rest of the lines are intact: Stafford-Roy-Vanek, Paille-MacArthur-Mancari; Gaustad-Hecht-Pominville.

---Mike Harrington

Kaleta the latest injury

Patrick Kaleta was absent from the morning skate today and will miss tonight's game against Nashville with what coach Lindy Ruff termed a "head/neck" injury suffered on the heavy hit he took early in the third period Saturday from Montreal's Andrei Kostitsyn. Ruff made it sound like Kaleta will be in the week-to-week mode.

Speaking of week-to-week, now that Connolly has disclosed his injury, why can't the Sabres just come out and say it will be a minimum of "x weeks". Is it two weeks? A month? Two months?

Kaleta the latest injury

Ales Kotalik (hamstring) will be back in the lineup to take Kaleta's spot and Ruff said Andrew Peters will dress on the fourth line with Kotalik and Adam Mair. It looks like Maxim Afinogenov will once again be a healthy scratch. The rest of the lines are intact: Stafford-Roy-Vanek, Paille-MacArthur-Mancari; Gaustad-Hecht-Pominville.

---Mike Harrington

Not to mention the 70 mph slapshot from Spacek that labeled him in the shoulder the shift before.

Speaking of week-to-week, now that Connolly has disclosed his injury, why can't the Sabres just come out and say it will be a minimum of "x weeks". Is it two weeks? A month? Two months?

Does it matter? Put him out of your mind. I hate to say it, because he's great to watch, but frankly I think the team is better off doing the same.

Does it matter? Put him out of your mind. I hate to say it, because he's great to watch, but frankly I think the team is better off doing the same.

The Sabres have 7.0 mil(6.2 cap hit) tied up in two players who are contributing nothing(Max and Connolly). I know what they are getting from Max as long as he remains a Sabres...NOTHING! I can only hope that Connolly finds a way to stay healthy down the stretch!

PS 7 mil for these two? Absolutely mind boggling! :death:

Archived