GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Surprise surprise.

Max with the turnover on the PP, then decides to cover the wrong guy on the rush against.....

Bye bye Max, you can't be gone soon enough......

Again, why is Max on the PP?

Surprise surprise.

Max with the turnover on the PP, then decides to cover the wrong guy on the rush against.....

Bye bye Max, you can't be gone soon enough......

I bet everyone had that feeling when MAX turned the puck over something bad was going to happen.

Its just unreal.

Game thoughts...

-Vanek had an outstanding game!

-Lindy has to get Pominville with some offensive players. Putting Gaustad on a line with him isn't going to help.

-When Tallinder went behind the Montreal net, I knew the Sabres were in trouble.

-If Rivet's knee is still bothering him, sit him out or get it repaired. If he is healthy, I don't see him having much left in the tank for 3.5 mil.

-I know creative players are going to take chances, but Roy gives the puck away a LOT on the PP in the offensive zone.

-The Sabres are going nowhere if they can't find a faceoff man.

-Lalime deserved better. He played a pretty good game outside of the Begin goal.

-Great job of penalty killing of the 5 on 3 especially Lydman. For those who want him out of Buffalo, go back and watch him during the PK. As soon as the season is over, DR needs to have a contract offer ready to go for Lydman.

-Mair is extremely lucky Montreal didn't score on the 5 on 3. What a dumbass penalty.

I still cannot believe Sekera decided not to shoot on his high slot chance. Instead he elected to make a drop back pass,which resulted in a turnover and thus Montreal clearing the defensive zone. I'm not saying its a guaranteed goal,but come on! At least get a shot off,maybe Price gives up a rebound. That pretty much sealed the game for Montreal.

Also,when is Ruff going to realize Hecht at center doesn't work. What kills me even more is Gaustad has always been a center, and hes playing the wing on a line with Hecht,a natural winger, at center. ???

Well, it was a pretty good game, but still a pretty disappointing loss. I thought Lalime played very well, but the overall level of team desperation was a bit lower than it was last night vs Pittsburgh. A few notes:

The game was there to be won with us leading 2-1 in the 2nd, us on the PP and the Habs starting to feel the pressure (they've been losing a lot lately and struggling to score). Then the PP ends, we screw up a change, and they get a breakaway and cash in.

No Komisarek is a big loss for the Habs.

Unlike vs the Pens, Gaustad, Stafford and Paille were invisible tonight.

MacArthur and Pommer were both in the play a lot but didn't make the right decisions with the puck.

Roy mighta tied it just before the end but shot it over the net.

Max is working his way back into Lindy's doghouse.

On the positive side, I thought the D played pretty well (as did Vanek). I did notice though that Tallinder had less than 13 minutes of ice time.

Speaking of ice time, I also noticed that Lang, a big, tough veteran center who was there to be had from Chicago in the offseason. was 2nd in ice time among Montreal's forwards and had 6 shots (he didn't score).

Oh well. If they get a W on Monday it will have been a pretty strong showing in a tough stretch of 4 games. If not -- back to mediocrity.

Wow, just got back from the bars -- started at a wine bar with the promise of moving to a bar that plays the games, but that didn't happen until after the game ended :censored: -- and find the world's shortest game day thread. Most games don't even start until the third page. What's up with that?

(I'm watching the game on MSG tomorrow morning, so I'll reserve comments until then.)

Well, it was a pretty good game, but still a pretty disappointing loss. I thought Lalime played very well, but the overall level of team desperation was a bit lower than it was last night vs Pittsburgh. A few notes:

The game was there to be won with us leading 2-1 in the 2nd, us on the PP and the Habs starting to feel the pressure (they've been losing a lot lately and struggling to score). Then the PP ends, we screw up a change, and they get a breakaway and cash in.

No Komisarek is a big loss for the Habs.

Unlike vs the Pens, Gaustad, Stafford and Paille were invisible tonight.

MacArthur and Pommer were both in the play a lot but didn't make the right decisions with the puck.

Roy mighta tied it just before the end but shot it over the net.

Max is working his way back into Lindy's doghouse.

On the positive side, I thought the D played pretty well (as did Vanek). I did notice though that Tallinder had less than 13 minutes of ice time.

Speaking of ice time, I also noticed that Lang, a big, tough veteran center who was there to be had from Chicago in the offseason. was 2nd in ice time among Montreal's forwards and had 6 shots (he didn't score).

Oh well. If they get a W on Monday it will have been a pretty strong showing in a tough stretch of 4 games. If not -- back to mediocrity.

Let him ride the pine the rest of the year, who cares if Regier is "heavily trying to move him".

Just let him go already Darcy, you won't get anything for him, but dumping him will rid us of at least 2 crucial giveaways per game.

He's just not a good hockey player.

And before the flamethrowers come out in force :

No, having talent (if he even has that), does not make you a "good" player.

No, I don't care if he scored 70 points years ago.

No, he will not break out any day now.

No, I don't care if he comes back and scores hattricks against us, without his giveaways we'll stand a chance of scoring three ourselves.

No, I don't think he's the only one who "works hard". Skating fast does not equal "hard work".

No, I don't care if he comes back and scores hattricks against us, without his giveaways we'll stand a chance of scoring three ourselves.

No, I don't think he's the only one who "works hard". Skating fast does not equal "hard work".

:thumbsup:

He's just not a good hockey player.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just finished watching the game. Very good road game against a very good team that was equally desperate for a win. They had their chances to tie but just couldn't get the third past price. Great job killing the 5-on-3 to keep them in the game. Definitely can't complain too much about that loss. Could have gone either way.

All-in-all, three straight strong games against three of the top teams in the EC, including wins in two of them, is a good way to get back on track. Let's hope that we can keep it going.

One additional note: Lalime is a better backup than his 1-4-1 record would indicate. He's had one bad game (though, not entirely his fault), but a few strong showings. Despite the loss, last night should add to Lindy's confidence in playing his backup on a consistent basis.

I'm surprised we weren't man-handled by them.... I'm loving Lalime's play, he deserves more W's....

I only saw highlights on nhl.com, so i can't comment on Max's play :D

AND WHY DO WE KEEP MISSING OPEN NETS!?!?!?

time to take my frustrations out on my NHL game....

Vanek...with that behind the stick goal.... :worthy:

Archived