GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This is my kinda hockey game.. Nice flow for both teams.

I'm shocked with that extended pressure that Buffalo had in the Pitt zone that it didn't end in a Buffalo goal or a Pitt penalty.. Sabres had their foot on their throat and let them off the hook woth a Pommer penalty...

What with the ceremony honoring Andy, I had to look up the all-time PP scorers. It's crazy that the Great One is only 12th (and falling). Andy is a big dude. I saw him in a bar with a bunch of other TB players a couple of years ago. It was weird with him and Fredrik Modine being monsters, but I towered Marty St. Louis (ok, not really towered but still).

Poor guy has 3 daughters. How'd you like to be 16-17 and going to pick up one of his girls and he answers the door. :cry:

What with the ceremony honoring Andy, I had to look up the all-time PP scorers. It's crazy that the Great One is only 12th (and falling). Andy is a big dude. I saw him in a bar with a bunch of other TB players a couple of years ago. It was weird with him and Fredrik Modine being monsters, but I towered Marty St. Louis (ok, not really towered but still).

Poor guy has 3 daughters. How'd you like to be 16-17 and going to pick up one of his girls and he answers the door. :cry:

Selanne and Tkachuk will push him to 14th before too long...

Max has some sick speed and has decent hands... at times. Granted we're all far too familiar with him trying to do TOO much and turning it over, but he has good hands. Not Datsyuk-esque, but combined with his speed it's dangerous.

No, he doesn't have good hands. Not at all. He has very average hands and above average speed. That is the core of his problems - his hands aren't good enough to keep up with his feet and brain.

No, he doesn't have good hands. Not at all. He has very average hands and above average speed. That is the core of his problems - his hands aren't good enough to keep up with his feet and brain.

We've all seen enough of Max over the years to know that he does have decent stick handling skills. He hasn't shown it in the past year and a half, but it's there.

We've all seen enough of Max over the years to know that he does have decent stick handling skills. He hasn't shown it in the past year and a half, but it's there.

Decent = average hands. Definitely not any part of any line that could remotely be considered "collectively have the best hands of any line in the nhl."

If his hands were as fast as his brain and feet he would a 50 goal scorer easy..

My point exactly. He's got great skating ability and has pretty good vision, but just doesn't have hands that can keep up with his brains and feet.

Buffalo PP..finally... this is a make-up call for sure ..called on Gill

4 oon 4.... Vanek gets two for tripping

Unbelievable... Spacek just gives it away to Crosby who beats Miller

Buffalo: :worthy: :worthy: Pittsburgh: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Archived