GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

Carry on from Wednesday night. At this point, I still don't care if the sabres win or lose. I just want them to play a full 60 minute effort like they did wednesday. Well, who am I kidding... Of course I want them to win, and win big!

Would be interesting to see if the Boston game was a fluke.

Good old Team Jekyll & Hyde :thumbsup:

Well they better play like Wednesday because I'm getting ready for the road trip up and going to the game tonight. Let the Boys weekend begin; Sabres tonight Bills Sunday and this needs to be a winning one so some folks on board here don't call me the jinx and ban me from Bflo homecomings ;).

Anything less than full 60 minutes and I will be very disappointed. <_<

The Pens currently remind me of the 05-06 Sabres team where they only play for a period or parts of the game but they have the talent to pull it out with less than a full 60 minute effort. They also do not play real physical and I'm afraid the Sabres will be content with trading chances and stick checks instead of hitting them and making them earn every inch of the ice. :chris: The trading chances style would be a bad choice against Malkin and Cindy.

So comeon Sabres I'm counting on starting the weekend off with some solid make your fans happy hockey... :thumbsup:

Good guys 4-2 over Cindy et al...

Just looking for a strong overall effort and at least 1 point...granted the wins are the ultimate goal...but the team needs to at least rack up a point here and there

And most importantly is the strong effort. Playing the whole game, with AT LEAST the level of intensity they showed against Boston, will win them more games than not. Don't know how thick their skulls are but they have yet to display that they understand that on a nightly basis.

There better not be a let down from Wednesday's game. They can play with any team in the league if they skate, play tight D, play physical and most importantly, shoot the puck on net every chance they get. Even if they don't play quite as hard as they did Wed, they should still be able to beat the Pens. 5-2 Buffalo.

Why would we spoon feed Max?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Vanek and Roy have been great last 6 or so games. They don't need Max to mess them up.

A much of a mess as Max is, I truly believe that he creates more than Stafford and that Roy and Vanek would benefit from him being on their line.

Why would we spoon feed Max?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Vanek and Roy have been great last 6 or so games. They don't need Max to mess them up.

Did you just pull that number out of your ass? Roy played good, umm, Wednesday. And he wasn't horrible vs Philly on the weekend. Where'd the other 4 games come from?

Count me in on the RAV line. Vanek and Roy can finish, they need Max to stir things up so they can get open.

Pittsburgh is playing some no name goalie in his first NHL start. No excuses. They are coming into our house and they they think that they don't have to play their best players. F them.

Buffalo 5 Pittsburgh 3

I couldn't resist commenting on this one. Curry was arguably one of the top 2 or 3 goalies in college 2 years ago (strangly enough, Pittsburgh also has the top college goalie from that year, Hobey candidate David Brown of Notre Dame). I say arguably because most would say so, but not me. He excels with a strong defense in front of him, he'll make the first save by gives up juicy rebounds. A good defense clears those rebounds away. So take a lot of shots tonight and get to the net and the Sabres should be successful.

And just for laughs (and maybe I like picking on those people a bit), I'll fuel the "call up Gerbe" people a bit right now. Gerbe regularly lit up Curry 3+ times a year. ;)

I couldn't resist commenting on this one. Curry was arguably one of the top 2 or 3 goalies in college 2 years ago (strangly enough, Pittsburgh also has the top college goalie from that year, Hobey candidate David Brown of Notre Dame). I say arguably because most would say so, but not me. He excels with a strong defense in front of him, he'll make the first save by gives up juicy rebounds. A good defense clears those rebounds away. So take a lot of shots tonight and get to the net and the Sabres should be successful.

And just for laughs (and maybe I like picking on those people a bit), I'll fuel the "call up Gerbe" people a bit right now. Gerbe regularly lit up Curry 3+ times a year. ;)

He is still making his first start in the NHL on the road.

And oh by the way...he is still a no name to me! :D

He is still making his first start in the NHL on the road.

And oh by the way...he is still a no name to me! :D

I figured I'd educate as many people as possible. Yeah, I know there is no room for actual information here, only complete speculation and ill informed opinions. I'll never try to break through that monotony again. Please forgive me.

I figured I'd educate as many people as possible. Yeah, I know there is no room for actual information here, only complete speculation and ill informed opinions. I'll never try to break through that monotony again. Please forgive me.

What has he proven at the NHL level to deserve my adoration? So he played at BU. Whoop de do!

Archived