GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

So this Lucic dude apparently has our Sabres scared. This is what pisses me off about our team. They are the Buffalo Manginas.

I could care less about the win. You HAVE to answer Lucic and make it known you will not tolerate hits, clean or not, on your star players. I am not shocked about no response, more so, disappointed.

I would hope if this game is in hand late, that somebody sends a message to him.

So this Lucic dude apparently has our Sabres scared. This is what pisses me off about our team. They are the Buffalo Manginas.

I could care less about the win. You HAVE to answer Lucic and make it known you will not tolerate hits, clean or not, on your star players. I am not shocked about no response, more so, disappointed.

I would hope if this game is in hand late, that somebody sends a message to him.

What would be nice to see is Vanek answer his own mail..

You're right. The question is, who? Real (i.e., not Peters) fighters on a hell of a lot of teams don't confront Lucic. Whole articles--and I'm too lazy right now to look--have been written about it. The guy seems to be immune from any real confrontation.

It shouldn't take more than a week to teach John McCargo how to get from a bench to Lucic with skates on. Let's give it a shot.

don't really know what to say about this post other than you've gotta be crazy.. the win, especially on a streak like this, is by far the most important thing. going off and taking a dumb penalty and losing the game because we want to "answer" a CLEAN hit would be unacceptable at this point.

don't really know what to say about this post other than you've gotta be crazy.. the win, especially on a streak like this, is by far the most important thing. going off and taking a dumb penalty and losing the game because we want to "answer" a CLEAN hit would be unacceptable at this point.

He did say, "if this game is in hand late." I don't think anyone wants the Sabs to risk a one-goal lead (as currently exists) on that jerkoff.

He did say, "if this game is in hand late." I don't think anyone wants the Sabs to risk a one-goal lead (as currently exists) on that jerkoff.

I think the hit should have been answered back immediately. Since it wasn't, they can't do anything because it's tight. But I highly doubt they'd deal with the hit if the game got out of hand either. They are a bunch of pansies, and it stinks. Team toughness brings together everyone. That is what they need. They are hockey players, after all.

real good game for the Sabres imo. Max wasn't bad.. he did hold the puck too long maybe sometimes, but he was a beast in chasing it. plenty of takeaways for him. now would be as good a time as any to reunite the RAV line.. if Max is willing to give this effort every night that could be a scary combination given the way Vanek and Roy have been playing.

You're right. The question is, who? Real (i.e., not Peters) fighters on a hell of a lot of teams don't confront Lucic. Whole articles--and I'm too lazy right now to look--have been written about it. The guy seems to be immune from any real confrontation.

Laraque tried to get him to fight when they played Montreal. He skated behind him every time he was on the ice trying to get him to go. Lucic just ignored him. That being said, big George is probably one of the few guys in the league who has a good chance in a fight against him.

I understand the desire to answer his hit and had they gotten a big lead, I would have agreed with nailing him. However, the most important thing tonight was the win. They'll see the Bruins again.

All-in-all, they did what they had to do. They looked a lot more like the team that started the season, though still not perfect. It's a spark; let's see if they can make a fire out of it.

Finally back in the win column. Good win for the Sabres tonight. I love the third jersey. I liked the way the Sabres came out tonight and played very physical and did not back down from Boston and Lucic and Chara in particular.

It's good to see Roy step his game up tonight with two big goals and Hecht gets the game winner shorthanded. I know Hecht is a two way player, but we need more offense out of him and it was good to see him get a goal.

I like the way Max and Tallinder responded tonight from the scratches. I thought they both played well.

I am really becoming a huge fan of Andrej Sekera. I love how he attacks the net and joins the rush if he's not leading it. If he scored a few more goals, he would soon become my favorite player with his style of play.

Overall, good win for the Sabres. Nice to get back in the win column. Good to see that Vanek is not too badly hurt to come back and play the third period. Let's get a winning streak started here and get a win against Pittsburgh.

Good win tonight. They worked harder than I've seen them play yet this season. Max looked possessed along with a lot of other players. They skated to the puck, made smart plays, and threw their bodies around. The players we need to score potted goals. This is how you win games.

Oh and the thirds looked great. :thumbsup:

Game thoughts...

-A win...at home no less!

-Nice to see Roy get a couple of goals

-Miller with a pretty good game

-Very disappointed that nobody challenged Lucic at some point in the 2nd or 3rd after he ran Vanek. Peters, Gaustad, Mair, Kaleta or Rivet? Nobody could step up?

-Just before he scored, I was thinking about how I was going to rip Hecht after the game. :oops:

-Why isn't Sekera seeing time on the PP(not just tonight)?

-Pretty solid defensive effort for the most part.

Archived