GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

A) The Sabres are in the slump of slumps

B) It's the day before Thanksgiving home game. Atmosphere should be good

C) Debut of the 3rd jerseys

I can go on and on about what needs to be done to fix "A", but honestly, tonight, who cares. Just come out, play a good game, get the crowd into it, and everyone have fun with the new jerseys. Should be great to watch tonight. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

No better way to show that the slump was just that, a slump, than beating the "best" team in the East. It is definitely not going to be easy and definitely not a "should win" game, but no games are "can't win" and they need to be the desperate team tonight. Hopefully, they'll honor that historic symbol on their chest with their play on the ice.

Another home loss I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong, as they have some very tough games this week. Need to get winning now.

Side note. I'm off the Vancouver tomorrow to see the Flames/Canucks battle. First row, second level. Beauty seats. Two teams who hate each other. Me and my 9 year old boy! What can be better? Well, maybe going to see AC/DC the next night with my 7 year old daughter, son and my wife. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back the RAV line. I'm going to say it every GDT until I see it. It was a great line and the only thing that makes sense to me as far as Max is concerned. He either starts scoring, which is good for us, or it it will make him look better for trading purposes, which is also good for us. Or it proves that he has absolutely nothing and should just be let go, because if he can't make something happen with those two guys it isn't going to happen.

Gaustad- Hecht-Pominville

Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Max-MacArthur-Mancari

Kaleta-Mair-Peters

Miller starts.

max is talking on GR before the game. He said he hasn't talked to Ruff and that he (max) is very angry.

When asked if he'd rather play elsewhere he said "No Comment".

Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Max-MacArthur-Mancari

Kaleta-Mair-Peters

Miller starts.

max is talking on GR before the game. He said he hasn't talked to Ruff and that he (max) is very angry.

It's a good thing to now dress a player who doesn't want to be here. <_< Keep up the good work Darcy. Everything will work out just fine in the end. :angry:

The Sabres certainly haven't been doing themselves any favors of late with their play, but it would be nice if Boston doesn't get their usual one or two fluke goals that they always seem to get against Buffalo of late.

It'd also be nice to see the D not give the puck away, and Miller actually stop the 15mph shot that follows, once they do.

Vanek-Roy-Stafford

Max-MacArthur-Mancari

Kaleta-Mair-Peters

Miller starts.

Way to go Max, lord knows you were playing SO well before your benching.

If Buffalo does take an early lead, I am sure they will give it right back as they always tend to do against Boston. Buffalo scores then Boston ties it up within two minutes almost every time it seems like. I believe Boston wins again. All this "we played much better in our last two loses" is crap. A loss is a loss is a loss. I would rather hear, "we didn't play well, but our goalie bailed us out and we came away with a win". We need wins, and that's the bottom line.

With that being said, I really hope they can somehow play a full 60 minutes and pull out a well earned win. I don't know what is more likely to happen, the Sabres beating Boston or Peter's beating up Lucic. They are both long shots.

I'd feel better about this prediction if the Sabres were also playing Kansas City ... The Scouts were pretty bad, they'd make a good slump-buster ...

Yeah but I may have seen us lose to Cleveland ....... Barons when they were also considered a slump buster. :unsure:

What I am looking for tonight is a solid all around game. If you are not willing to play a consistent hard working make your own luck style you cannot expect the hockey gods to smile upon you for the one or two periods or games you actually try and do outplay the other team.......

We need a solid game from the goalie out, good two way hockey from forwards and defense and capitalize on the chances we do get...

Pleasseee, No awe schucks gee I cannot believe that just happened looks out there tonight..... Come on lets make your own luck tonight boys with good old fashoined hard work and grit and just get'r done. :chris:

Anybody know why the Sabres declined on signing Dennis Wideman? He's been one of BOSTONs best Dmen.

I think it was simply the case where he was a draft pick who the Sabres decided not to offer a contract to. The Blues then signed him and the rest is history.

This is similar to forward Benjamin Breault who the Sabres drafted in 2006 and then relinquished the rights to this year. I think if you go down the Sabres drafts, you can find players like this every year. If you are DR, you just don't want them to come back and haunt you like Wideman did.

This is a bigger game IMO tonight then most would realize: Boston has had our number recently and I think beating the Bruins tonight would at least give the Sabres some confidence against the Bruins and get this team jump started again.

Boston has had everybody's number lately.

Archived