GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Saw that goal coming a mile away...

I don't know what you mean by that...did it have something to do with the 5 minute even strength powerplay that NY had in our zone? Because I have never in my life seen a team that for so long even strength not be able to even get out of their own zone.

I imagine these things have all been said in one form or another but:

Glad Tallinder is benched. He hasn't been any good for a long time.

Roy isn't the same guy this year, but I have to think it's just a typical slump that most players experience at some point in their careers.

Hecht is not playing his game. Maybe the missed time had an impact, but we need more out of him.

Our inability to clear is maddening. It has been a problem for 4 years.

Strange that all our players seem to have passing problems in concert. If I see another pass hit a skate to destroy a good break I'll...I'll...I'll...

Not having Maximum Turnoverov out there ain't helping when others take over that duty.

This bad streak feels worse than 06's midseason slump. It feels like they're not focused and they're so stubborn about making the lead pass and trying to play Pretty Hockey...again....

They need to SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY.

Hopefully a slump is all it is. Seems every team has one at some point in the season.

Agreed!!! :wallbash:

i don't post often enough to know for certain, but i'm sure you guys have beat this to death - I can't recall the last time both Buffalo teams sucked SOOOO bad at the same time. I mean, this hockey game sucks....I can't blame the fans for not getting in to it, b/c there is nothing to get in to. Christ, put Peters back in just to get his ass kicked - at least the fans will have something to cheer about.

THis just in - every Sabre game the rest of the year has been repriced from Gold, Silver, etc to Sh!t...

u gotta have all guys playing the same system with the same sense of urgency.

they got guys who are passengers who get outworked behind the play -- in the national league, one lazy play away from the puck or one poor pass --- and BANG, you are fu@ked! Time to trade for a savvy leader -- i dont care if he can skate. I want to look down that bench and see a scarfaced old prick vet who will chatter and have the guts to challenge these punks to play hard away from the puck and dedicate to the system Ruff has in place. The soft players who refuse to do the little things must sit. the video -- behind the play is where you will find them. regardless, a vet must come in now -- this bench and teams is like a boat in the ocean with no power or wheel to steer it.

Again, please watch the wendell clkark video. we are talking about pure piss and vinegar and a guy who did all the little things on every shift and then took the goal if it came his way. good teams generate goals by good work. Sabres seem to think the opposite will happen.

which sabres are sweating? name them. who is working hard? who is gassed after a shift? the redwings last game, 89% of the club looked like they were palying in game 7 of the stanley cup playoff final...

i'ld like to point out that i can tolerate losing if the team shows that they give a crap...i could even accept how they played last night, but to lose this way...ugh....

I agree...losing this way to the Long Island school of dentistry sponsored pee wee hockey team is the absolute worst.....Good Grief. :doh:

I don't know what you mean by that...did it have something to do with the 5 minute even strength powerplay that NY had in our zone? Because I have never in my life seen a team that for so long even strength not be able to even get out of their own zone.

No, it was the crappy passing and the lack of urgency, coupled with the giveaways... but I guess all of that led to the 5 minute even strength PP. I've decided that I'm going to learn to skate better, buy a hockey stick, go to a few scheduled open stick times here at the rink near the house, and go be a Sabre. Apparently, you don't have to be that good after all!! :wallbash:

u gotta have all guys playing the same system with the same sense of urgency.

they got guys who are passengers who get outworked behind the play -- in the national league, one lazy play away from the puck or one poor pass --- and BANG, you are fu@ked! Time to trade for a savvy leader -- i dont care if he can skate. I want to look down that bench and see a scarfaced old prick vet who will chatter and have the guts to challenge these punks to play hard away from the puck and dedicate to the system Ruff has in place. The soft players who refuse to do the little things must sit. the video -- behind the play is where you will find them. regardless, a vet must come in now -- this bench and teams is like a boat in the ocean with no power or wheel to steer it.

Again, please watch the wendell clkark video. we are talking about pure piss and vinegar and a guy who did all the little things on every shift and then took the goal if it came his way. good teams generate goals by good work. Sabres seem to think the opposite will happen.

which sabres are sweating? name them. who is working hard? who is gassed after a shift? the redwings last game, 89% of the club looked like they were palying in game 7 of the stanley cup playoff final...

wendell clark was awesome...i hated the leafs but that was a guy i had so much respect for the way he played the game...i can't think of one guy on the current roster that plays like he did....as Roby might say, play like your head was on fire. i know that people are starting to put the blame on Lindy, but i guarantee it must be eating lindy alive to have a roster full of pansies that don't play every night like it is their last...

Archived