GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This is exactly the case...

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/492145.html

?The bid was awarded to Ontario Specialty, the final contract is being reviewed by our parent agency in New York and should be ready for them to sign next week,? Levy said. ?I would hope they?ll sign it and get to work.?

The bid was awarded back in early October. I am not a lawyer, but why we are in mid-November and the contract has not been signed yet is beyond my comprehension.

Instead, just pay the low bidder the difference in the scrap metal price from where it was during the time of the bid and where it is at today and tell them to get their cranes onsite ASAP!!!!

What will really happen...It will be going out to bid all over again.

I study economics and markets in college and do not understand why this Ontario company didn't buy a put option on steel and not worry about the price going down. I'd say it's a least half a million difference.

This is exactly the case...

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/492145.html

?The bid was awarded to Ontario Specialty, the final contract is being reviewed by our parent agency in New York and should be ready for them to sign next week,? Levy said. ?I would hope they?ll sign it and get to work.?

The bid was awarded back in early October. I am not a lawyer, but why we are in mid-November and the contract has not been signed yet is beyond my comprehension.

Instead, just pay the low bidder the difference in the scrap metal price from where it was during the time of the bid and where it is at today and tell them to get their cranes onsite ASAP!!!!

What will really happen...It will be going out to bid all over again.

Hmmm...seems to happen a lot lately in Buffalo sports...having a contract agreed to and not signed, that is.... :ph34r:

Yes and Yes. You are right it's not even close. Briere would have to change his game to catch up.

Roy is off to a slow start. Much like Vanek was last season. I'm sure Roy will pick his game up just like I am sure that Briere will get his PP points and disappear when the Flyers need him most like he did last season and like he did with the Sabres.

As between the 2 of them, for the next 3 years, who do you think will score more playoff points? Who will wear a letter on his jersey more often?

And, for the record, Vanek had a crappy year last year. It wasn't just a slow start. His 2nd-half stats were fattened up with a bunch of garbage-time goals against lousy teams. While Vanek has shown up much better this year, Roy hasn't at all. He's singled out for criticism by Lindy more than any other player. His season projects to 10 goals, 48 points and a minus-24.

While there's no question that Roy is better than Briere on the backcheck, that's not all there is to the game. I'm increasingly concerned that Roy is like one of those guys in the NBA who "puts up numbers" on a lousy team but isn't a guy who can lead his team to wins.

Even during the course of the 2006-07, it was already reverting back to the way things used to be.

It became clearly evident the NHL was going back to its old ways in January of 07. Prior to that, Buffalo was getting away w/ the "new NHL." I remember Jagr talking about how no team in the NHL could be compared to the Sabres in the early portion of 06/07. Too bad the old NHL didn't come back until 07/08...

Buffalo had their best chance in 05/06 w/ the "new NHL."

Sorry, just catching up on my reading. After reading 147 posts this came across as one of the more sensible and truthful.

Word I heard, the lawyers for Buffalo were still running through the contracts and they weren't signed yet. So if this contractor wants to back out, he has every right to. Once again Bflo waiting around and not just gettin' 'er dun.

Just unlock the doors for a few weeks and another 10% of the place will disappear.

Archived