GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Sabres are 3-4-1 in their last 8 and playing poorly. Maybe they should go back to having a few guys out with injuries. That is when they had their best success of the early season.

Pittsburgh 4 Buffalo 2

Looks like Kotalik may have a bad hamstring injury. I don't think he's going to play tonight and from what Lindy said may not play for a while. Bodes well for Buffalo? :unsure:

my daughter and I are going to the game... I really hope we at least play better than last night or else school for her on monday will be non-stop comments about how the "sabres suck!", well I guess it's like that all the time for her anyway since every game day she wears some sort of Sabres gear to school :D

As always I'll be sitting in D23 wearing my LaFontaine jersey!! LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!

Looks like Kotalik may have a bad hamstring injury. I don't think he's going to play tonight and from what Lindy said may not play for a while. Bodes well for Buffalo? :unsure:

I know it would never happen, but I would love to see Max on that line with Roy and Vanek. He had his best season ever with them(obviously). Lindy's "roll four lines" was great when we had four lines. But we don't anymore and a lot of teams win with one scoring line and three "just don't let them score " lines. If Max can't make something happen with those two guys then he never will and get rid of him.

I know it would never happen, but I would love to see Max on that line with Roy and Vanek. He had his best season ever with them(obviously). Lindy's "roll four lines" was great when we had four lines. But we don't anymore and a lot of teams win with one scoring line and three "just don't let them score " lines. If Max can't make something happen with those two guys then he never will and get rid of him.

Wouldn't that mean Vanek-Roy-Pominville or maybe even Vanek-Connolly-Pominville? Connolly is probably the best play-making center on the team.

Well one of the match ups for Buffalo is the Penguins are not a physical team and will be willing to trade chances with us, however with the way we have been playing defense last I'm afraid that style really favors the penguins. Unless Miller stands on his head I am expecting Malkin and Sid to have big nights because these "Nancies" I used to call Sabres sure haven't shown me they are willing to play the body which by the way is the book out on beating the penguins as well. (Malkin plays as tough as Kotalik and Sid plays about as tough as Roy... However Offensive(scoring) vs plain old Offensive(%#2!, Nancy MFer's) Advantage Pens :wallbash:

I am hoping a hockey team shows up tonight because one didn't last night so fatique is not an excuse they can use.

I will be getting an ear beating next week from all the people at work that know I'm a Sabre fan and if they play like last night. :chris: .. I will be one old miserable B@stard come Monday.....

Well, the good news is that Sabourin played on Thursday, so we probably won't be facing a backup that we can make look like an all-star (actually, Sabourin has better numbers than Fleury.) Looking at their stats, Goodard, Letang, Gill and Eaton are all still looking for their first goals; I'd expect to see them on the score sheet. Crosby and Malkin have both had slow starts goal-wise, so they should have their breakout hat tricks tonight.

Oh wait, they're actually a good team; this is actually isn't a game that we "should win"; maybe we have a chance ... naaaahhhh ...

Wouldn't that mean Vanek-Roy-Pominville or maybe even Vanek-Connolly-Pominville? Connolly is probably the best play-making center on the team.

I only said Max because he did score a lot when he was on that line. Also, it's the last thing I can think of to try. The Max/Sabres experiment(not "experience") is about to come to an end.

I am hoping a hockey team shows up tonight because one didn't last night so fatique is not an excuse they can use.

I will be getting an ear beating next week from all the people at work that know I'm a Sabre fan and if they play like last night. :chris: .. I will be one old miserable B@stard come Monday.....

This town ain't got room for two of us. Choose your weapon.

7:30pm

Just do the exact opposite of what happened last night and i'm sure the sabres will win. Just do anything to make me forget last night! good lord.

Wow, this has got to be Corps shortest GDT ever. That alone tells me how crappy this team has looked.

I see another beat down coming the Sabres way. Not only have they been horrible lately, but in back to back games they look even worse if that's possible. The only way the Sabres win is if Miller stands on his head.

As for the score, I have no idea. Could be 3-1 Pens or 8-3 Pens. I have no idea what team is going to show up anymore.

Sabres are 3-4-1 in their last 8 and playing poorly. Maybe they should go back to having a few guys out with injuries. That is when they had their best success of the early season.

Pittsburgh 4 Buffalo 2

I was thinking the exact same thing. They seemed to want it more than the players who have returned to the lineup. The General has been putting up points w/ a small amount of ice time. Demote someone else and move him up. What about Mancari? Bring him up. I'm sure he'll do everything can to stay up w/ the Sabres. Mancari has been playing vergy good hockey in Portland. Plus, the guy can lay and FINISH a hit. That is something a number of Sabres haven't been doing.

I'd throw Connolly on that top line. They looked incredible together for that one game. It would be a legit #1 line. Plus, Vanek hasn't scored in a few games now. Connolly's setup skills would end that funk quickly.

Connolly's sytle of play is indescribable. The choices and moves he makes are much like a videogame. Connolly sees and does things that his own teammates have a, "whoa, how did he do that and how was I to expect it.?" The only thing Connolly fails to see is a big hit coming for him...

This town ain't got room for two of us. Choose your weapon.

:lol:

Well they say the pen is mightier then the sword, and these Sabres sure aren't sticking anybody.

How about a good old fashoin duel say ......

500 word essay on why I am a Bigger B@astard

If the Sabres play their game, they can play with anybody and i suspect the Sabres play well tonight. If that translates to 2 points i don't know. Maybe not even a point. But if i were to bet, i'd say the guys will get atleast a point tonight. We are a very good team that has very bad habits. Their not idiots, they know this isn't Columbus or Tampa but it's a elite Eastern Conference team. Not saying that's a good excuse but we all know if the Sabres skate hard, they can beat ANYONE in this league. Last night was pure embarrassing and i think they pay us back for it tonight.

Second-hand report from LGS:

Kotalik And Connolly Out, Stafford And Kaleta In

(WGR550) -- Sabres' forward Ales Kotalik will not be in the lineup tonight when the team faces off with the Pittsburgh Penguins after injuring his hamstring last night against Columbus. Head coach Lindy Ruff told WGR Sports Radio 550's Paul Hamilton that Kotalik is having tests done on that hamstring today to determine the severity of the injury.

Forward Tim Connolly will also be a scratch tonight. Ruff saying that Connolly is sore after playing last night. Connolly suffered an "upper body bruise" Wednesday night after taking a hit from St. Louis Blues' forward Keith Tkachuk.

The two voids in the lineup open spots for Drew Stafford and Patrick Kaleta. Both men will suit up tonight at 7:30 when the Sabres and Pens drop the puck at the Igloo. -WGR

Connolly is sore and can't play? I bet the same can be said about 75% of the players on any given night. Is it a case of he can't play or won't play through the soreness?

I'm really starting to believe that Connolly is just a big . Unbelievable. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

When I'm sore I still have to go to work.

Archived