GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Without having read any pre-game stuff yet, I'd have to imagine that Max will be up in the pressbox tonight. I can't see him back in the lineup after a game where he couldn't even get any ice time with Peters in the lineup and Connolly out for most of the 3rd (minus the one powerplay shift).

Without having read any pre-game stuff yet, I'd have to imagine that Max will be up in the pressbox tonight. I can't see him back in the lineup after a game where he couldn't even get any ice time with Peters in the lineup and Connolly out for most of the 3rd (minus the one powerplay shift).

According to WGR ... http://www.wgr550.com/Lalime-in-Net-Agains...Jackets/3320953 ... Lalime starts and if Connolly can't go he will join "Kaleta and Paetsch" in the press box ... so apparently Max goes if Connolly can't ...

This is my biggest pet peeve of Lindy's ... why dress Max and then put him out there with Peters and Gaustad? There is no hope of him finding his game with two guys who can't play his game, even his "good Max" game. Just sit him and play Kaleta.

Nope, it is the enterance of the walled city of Quebec City, with the hockey stick and puck. Worth the trip.

The wall is rounded on top like an igloo? is there I giant stick and puck? I gotta see this thing ...

EDIT: that sounded sarcastic ... didn't mean it ... I think we need more walls around cities ... not to keep people out but just because it looks cool ... we need more castles in this country too ...

7:30pm

Well, the big story again is whether or not Connolly plays. .... The defense needs to play tougher and the offense needs to just dump, chase, and hit. If Connolly is out of the lineup, i'd actually be very interested in bringing in kaleta tonight over stafford. Kaleta will bring the energy to the home crowd and should play well after being benched.

I do think that the sabres can do well tonight, even w ithout connolly and with a potential lalime start. Plus, the blue jackets did totally blow the sabres out of the water last year. Hopefully lindy can use that game as some motivation as well.

I defintely agree and your do well comment is definitely related to them playing the smart/simple defense approach you also mention.

There are very few "cupcake" games in the NHL, and even fewer against a Hitchcock-coached team. They are a .500 team that had points in six straight before losing the other night, including a win over Montreal. The Sabres do need to take care of business and win at home, but to expect a blowout is unreasonable. The Sabres could play very well and win 3-2 ... I would take it.

Lindy said Lalime will start one of the two games ... I would think it would be tonight but ... who knows ...

Agreed, expect a very close physical game from them because that is the book on beating the sabres.. I also expect a 3-2 game and hope we can now break the columbus jinx they seem to have on us the last few matchups just like we did with the blues wednesday.

And Toronto is a legit threat every night now too because Wilson is holding them accountable. It's the deepest division in hockey, so the fact that they reduced the number of division games from 32 to 24 is probably a good thing for the Sabres.

Man I wish it wasn't true about the division but that is what it now is. I expected Wilson to get the most out of what he's got w/TOR and IMHO if Burke ends up there this division will be the toughest in conference. Lindy I think see's the writing on the wall which is why we are going the more GRIT road now....

Ya know I wish that were true but for all the frustration and problems Max causes Lindy doesn't seem to follow through on his promises of

benching the players that do not listen, only reason for that is if we are still actively shopping him so you hope he put's up some decent numbers to make him more valuable to the teams that might be willing to take him....

I think i read somewhere recently that Quebec was trying to build a new arena. I'm skeptical that they'll get another team, but I'd much rather they get one than Hamilton. That rivalry they had with Montreal was just great. As for their uniforms, the white ones were better than the blue ones (although I think I remember their blue ones being darker than the picture above).

The white ones were much better than those blues.

I don't know, the Nordiques' jersey could be made less ... you know:

post-1053-1226685226_thumbpng

According to NHLUniforms.com there were supposed to be the Nords' new jerseys for the 95-96 season, but they applied too late to make the change, so it was approved for use in the 96-97 season. Unfortunately the team was sold and moved to Colorado before the 95-96 campaign.

post-327-1226687241_thumbgif

Classic right here fellas, those were the days.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think Mike Foligno was far and away my favorite Sabre of the 1980's. He could score, hit and fight. Should have retired as a Sabre. <_<

A little better?

(Toned down the blue and changed the back number to red from white.)

If not, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think it's a really sharp sweater.

Thanks for trying, but I just think the red is too bright. I do like the blue though. So we can agree to disagree on 50%. Sound good? :thumbsup:

Those wolf uniforms are pretty sweet.

WTF! Why does Ruff refuse to make Max a healthy scratch? This is one of the things I mentioned in the Lindy Ruff thread--I don't always understand his decisions. How has Max not played himself out of the lineup? At this point the guy hurts more than helps. I don't really care about how many assists he has. It is out-weighed by his lack of any hockey sense whatsoever. He has more giveaways than the Salvation Army.

We have 2 guys in the minors in Mancari and Gerbe that could possibly help this team, yet we stick with this total failure of a player. It's not working, and his trade value is in the toilet. What do they think--if they keep playing him, then his trade value will magically skyrocket? Forget it! Teams know this guy. The cat is out of the bag, and has been for some time. He just can't put it together.

WTF! Why does Ruff refuse to make Max a healthy scratch? This is one of the things I mentioned in the Lindy Ruff thread--I don't always understand his decisions. How has Max not played himself out of the lineup? At this point the guy hurts more than helps. I don't really care about how many assists he has. It is out-weighed by his lack of any hockey sense whatsoever. He has more giveaways than the Salvation Army.

We have 2 guys in the minors in Mancari and Gerbe that could possibly help this team, yet we stick with this total failure of a player. It's not working, and his trade value is in the toilet. What do they think--if they keep playing him, then his trade value will magically skyrocket? Forget it! Teams know this guy. The cat is out of the bag, and has been for some time. He just can't put it together.

Mancari wouldn't help this team.

And why risk Gerbe's development on early recall to help us with what? We're winning games as it is.

While, i don't like Max, i think the main reason why he remains on the active squad is, his contract and him being a UFA after the season. Max holds no value at all with Buffalo right now. He stinks and barley even plays when he does dresses. Sabres will never get rid of a guy like that and sending him up to the press box, would only decrease his value. I'm sure the Sabres hope that a.) he can get going, which would help his value plus the team. It's a huge risk. Obviously only a theory but i'd almost bet anything as to the reasoning behind it.

But i don't think sitting one game would hurt. I wish Max could sit in the press box one game and then bring him back to the roster. Like Lindy did after Game 4 vs. NYR 2 years ago, and Max ended up scoring the GWG in OT and making the assist on the tying goal.

Archived