GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I don't know about you, but I have no problem with my $50 million, league-leading star forward not going into the boards with Brashear at the end of a blowout, even if it costs Miller a shutout. From what I have seen, if the game were on the line, his nose would have been plenty dirty.

Dirty? He nose would have been bloody?

I would like to see Vanek drop them a couple of times. Just to send a message he is willing to defend himself. Like Gilbert did early in career. You would amazed how far just one fight will go a player. Just imagine, what if Vanek had Gare's personality. A 50 goal scorer willing to punch you in the mouth.

-Vanek is red hot. Just read in this mornings Buffalo News that last season he didn't score his 12th goal until Jan 6th. One thing I didn't like...the puck came around the boards in the Sabres end late in the game and Brashear was waiting there for it. Vanek was about 6 feet away and didn't seem to be interested in getting anywhere near him. Don't get me wrong, Vanek is playing much better defensively, but he can't be afraid to get his nose dirty.

Forget the 11 goals for a second.....Vanek has been backchecking like never before.

He's become a complete player right in front of our eyes.

Forget the 11 goals for a second.....Vanek has been backchecking like never before.

He's become a complete player right in front of our eyes.

So true. Wish they would have put him on the PK last season... Who knows, maybe it would have jump started things...

Miller red hot. I wish we had our top lines scoring more(finally did yesterday)....and Max played an OK game...Gaustad missed a wide open net and hit the pole if my memory serves correct....

Great win!

Hey, Wyborowa. It's Lukas. Thanks for signing up man. You'll enjoy this forum. Alot of very knowledgeable and passionate fans.

Archived