GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I like the way the Sabres have come out in the first period. I want to see this continued in the second. I thought the defense has played well, and I really enjoy watching Vanek backcheck. The forwards have played well to support in the defensive zone. Great to see the guys who are supposed to score scoring with Vanek, Roy, and Pominville. Beautiful pass by Sekera on Vanek's goal. And what a beautiful move by Pominville on his goal. Only thing annoying is that even though Connolly got the assist on Roy's goal, he looks really really rusty. This is the problem because he gets hurt, comes back and looks rusty, and then takes 3 games for him to get in sync only to get injured again. Oh well. Overall, great first period.

He got an assist on the PP goal...

Let's not get too carried away here. It was a secondary assist on a shot that goes wide that Pominville picks up behind the net and feeds to Roy for the goal. I think any of our defenseman who frequently shoot wide of the net would have gotten the same assist. That's not an assist caused by the vision of Connolly that we have seen in the past. It was just a secondary assist. Nice to see him get on the board though, but I'd say he looks pretty rusty tonight.

Look at all the pro-Connolly posts after just 20 minutes of play. lol @ you guys who said to cut him and that he's useless.

Let's not get too carried away here. It was a secondary assist on a shot that goes wide that Pominville picks up behind the net and feeds to Roy for the goal. I think any of our defenseman who frequently shoot wide of the net would have gotten the same assist. That's not an assist caused by the vision of Connolly that we have seen in the past. It was just a secondary assist. Nice to see him get on the board though, but I'd say he looks pretty rusty tonight.

rusty? really? he's already made 3 or 4 real nifty passes, including one that probably should have been a goal by Pominville. put himself in position for a few good scoring chances (one from the slot, two at the goal line) has an assist on the scoresheet, and killed off at least 15-20 seconds of a washington penalty by holding the puck in the washington corner... I don't see the rust.

Look at all the pro-Connolly posts after just 20 minutes of play. lol @ you guys who said to cut him and that he's useless.

rusty? really? he's already made 3 or 4 real nifty passes, including one that probably should have been a goal by Pominville. put himself in position for a few good scoring chances (one from the slot, two at the goal line) has an assist on the scoresheet, and killed off at least 15-20 seconds of a washington penalty by holding the puck in the washington corner... I don't see the rust.

I think the rust is in his stick handling. Other than the move he pulled to draw the penalty, many of us are use to him being able to dance around everyone between his skates like he use to.

Don't get me wrong, The Skill is playing well for not playing in a month.

I honestly didn't know what to expect this year. There is no question he was a disappointment last year, though.

I think the rust is in his stick handling. Other than the move he pulled to draw the penalty, many of us are use to him being able to dance around everyone between his skates like he use to.

Don't get me wrong, The Skill is playing well for not playing in a month.

there's a time and a place. you don't try stuff like that every time you touch the puck.

there's a time and a place. you don't try stuff like that every time you touch the puck.

He tried it on his 1st or 2nd PP on the ice, he went into an area where 3 guys were around him.

Like I said, he looks good for having not played in a month. I'm not complaining... anymore that is... for now.

Archived