GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Hard to say really.

At this point I expect them come out and suck as bad as the other night, and I expect them to do so until Rivet comes back.

I find it most disturbing how they went from a team that would run anyone through the wall, to the team of purse carrying pussies of last year overnight.

Hoping to eat crow after the game.

If nothing else, the PP should be better with Connolly out there. I expect a big effort out of the Sabres and they dominate the Caps 4-1.

I for one don't believe this statement. I haven't seen the proof.

Hard to say really.

At this point I expect them come out and suck as bad as the other night, and I expect them to do so until Rivet comes back.

I find it most disturbing how they went from a team that would run anyone through the wall, to the team of purse carrying pussies of last year overnight.

Rivet's the captain and the "QB" of this team. Players play like him when he's on the ice. Since Rivet has been off the ice, the Sabres have been playing like they have in the past. Maybe he'll give them a pep talk before the game? Also, where has Paille been? Haven't seen him do too much lately. Things need to take a spin for the better.

Go Sabres!

7:00pm

Connolly's back. Say what you want about his injuries, but the sabres are a better team with connolly in the lineup. The sabres have literally sucked the past couple of games. Hopefully they win tonight. GO SABRES!

Any win/loss stats to back that up? I have to wonder how badly they truly miss his .4 points per game.

What is the over/under on Connolly? I say he's injured by the 8 minute mark of the second.

Considering the Caps are without there best player and the Sabres should be well rested having not broken a sweat since the Colorado game this game shouldn't be close.

I for one don't believe this statement. I haven't seen the proof.

The proof has been the PP the first 10 games of the year. Any guy who can handle the puck as well as Connolly will make them better. It looks like a game of hot potato out there especially on the points.

The proof has been the PP the first 10 games of the year. Any guy who can handle the puck as well as Connolly will make them better. It looks like a game of hot potato out there especially on the points.

Again, any PP numbers to back that up? The theory sounds reasonable. It just seems like the PP has been a problem for a while now, even those few moments where Connolly is in the lineup.

Again, any PP numbers to back that up? The theory sounds reasonable. It just seems like the PP has been a problem for a while now, even those few moments where Connolly is in the lineup.

I don't have the time to compile any numbers and I'm not sure they would even support my argument. After all, the PP units looked like crap at the start of the season, yet they still managed to ring up a few goals.

All I know is that the PP units need someone to steady the play once inside the zone and I don't see a lot of players capable of doing that. That is why I believe Connolly can only help.

I don't have the time to compile any numbers and I'm not sure they would even support my argument. After all, the PP units looked like crap at the start of the season, yet they still managed to ring up a few goals.

All I know is that the PP units need someone to steady the play once inside the zone and I don't see a lot of player capable of doing that. That is why I believe Connolly can only help.

I agree that the PP needs help. The entire lineup needs help. I just have zero faith that Connolly will be around long enough to make any significant difference. He had 15 PP points in 48 games last season for a power play we would all agree left a lot to be desired. If he can chip in a few points here and there it would be great. My days of relying on Tim Connolly to even make into the lineup on a given night are over let alone making a significant difference when dressed.

I am excited to see Connolly return to this team. I am excited that they are not gonna throw Connolly in and "hope" they can get Kotalik and Max going... i'm glad they are putting him inbetween Pommer who must get going and MacArthur who's been playing great. Max and Stafford gotta be on thin ice and they gotta show up tonight big time and have a solid game. I am not going to predict anything, i've been VERY off the last 2 games but one thing that wouldn't surprise me tonight is a big night from Max and/or Stafford.

Gaustad needs to be a force on the PP. And the defense must play with care and desire.

We lose tonight, i will be worried. I'm just hoping for the best and i'm very happy to get Connolly back in the lineup and praying it's long term.

The Sabres did have the third-best power play in the league in 05-06 when Connolly played 63 games, his high-water mark post-lockout. That's only circumstantial evidence though. You'd have to go back and track every game and compare the PP with and without Connolly in the lineup (or even with and without Connolly on the ice). Only BM has that kind of free time.

I'm of the school that says, He can't hurt.

Hard to say really.

Forget about Rivet......they aren't going to win if the forwards backcheck like they did in the last 2 games.

Nobody covering the trailer on the odd man rushes back.

Give just about any NHL player a 2 second window in the slot and he should have a good chance of putting it home.

We had a different PP coach in 05-06. OAN, I hate trying to reply using a Blackberry!

That's what sucks. The Sabres PP and PK were INCREDIBLE in 05/06. Teams w/ good special teams win hockey games. Buffalo has to get the pp going. I'm hoping Tiiimmmyyyy can get things going. Come on Buffalo! Let's make it 7-2-2!

Forget about Rivet......they aren't going to win if the forwards backcheck like they did in the last 2 games.

Nobody covering the trailer on the odd man rushes back.

Give just about any NHL player a 2 second window in the slot and he should have a good chance of putting it home.

Thats exactly what I have been seeing last few games, no hustle, no fore check let alone finishing a check and no back checking, definitely not the defense first mode we played so well for 6 games

^^ Nothing in stone, but you can bet your house that it's gonna be Ryan Miller.

I would be surprised if it wasn't him as well, Ruff left him in last game to see if he could work out his game and he did play much better after the fifth goal, Tampa easily could've had 3-5 more that night.

What I do like is Ruff worked the team hard yesterday and sent the message on how he wants them to play, now let's see if the team responds.... I am really curious to see how they or can they respond to that... That will tell me allot about the team we do have here....

Archived