GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'm pretty late to the party from last night, but when I was watching, all I could say was Wow! This team is scary good :thumbsup: !

My thoughts from the game:

1. Miller has been fantastic all year long, but he did not look sharp last night. He made some big saves, but he was kind of flopping and out of position on the Pouliot goal, but I will blame the defense for not coming back and backchecking, I really thought he should have made the save on Sheppard's goal, and of course the own goal. So, he didn't look all that sharp, but he made big saves when he needed to. But, ...

2. The team bailed out Miller after his own goal. Last few games Miller has really bailed this team out with huge saves to keep the games close so that the Sabres could come back and win it. Tonight, the team bailed out Miller from what I thought was not a great performance. This is just so great for the team when you can bounce back like that and bail your goalie out and get the two points on the road against a very very good team. That's just awesome.

3. The SRV line is really heating up as a unit. Vanek has been on fire all season long and ties the game, but Roy pots his first of the season on the game winner and Stafford has two in two games. If this line plays like this consistently throughout the year, we're in great shape.

4. The defense really stepped up and played well without Rivet last night. I thought overall the defense played well in the defensive zone except for the Pouliot goal where they got caught running around against the transition. But, they really chipped in offensively tonight a great deal. Paetsch gets the point shot through with a tip-in from Mair for the goal. Sekera pinches goes behind the net and finds Vanek for a goal (reminded me of Campbell). Tallinder does the same move in the OT and finds Roy for the big goal. The defenseman played really well last night and created a ton of scoring chances when they needed to.

Last night was a great team win and these guys can really fight back against deficits. What an amazing win against a very good team. Let's keep the momentum going against Colorado and their suspect goaltending. They give up a ton of goals and we should score a lot on them. Great win last night.

Just something I see different from last year with Paetsch and when he played two seasons ago, if and when he gets his weird wrist shot from the point on net it really creates a lot for everyone in from that was missing from his game last year.

Second point from last night, Miller had over 30 shots again not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing but makes me enjoy having lalime so much more no burn out this season.

Archived