GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Well we have two choices:

A) last years team that came out early and lost the game in the third and lost in OT or the SO

B) Lose the game for 55 minutes and pull it out in the end, OT and SO

I'll take B any day of the week. Even with the amount of stress and frustration.

Some quick thoughts:

1) Vanek is clutch. I'd go as far as to say that he is playing decent hockey!

2) Roy finally scores. He has been playing great, and setitng up plays, but he finally got his own

3) Stafford is warming up

4) The D-pairings were a-ok without rivet. Paetsch played well and there wasn't a dropoff.

5) Tallydman didn't miss a step

6) Sekera might just be blooming into a much better version of Brian Campbell

7) Great 1st period, horrible 2nd, whatever in the first 15:00 of the 3rd, last 5 minutes and OT, um, about as damn great as it gets.

That's all for now. I really am in disbelief right now. Still very angry at the own goal situation and the complete bla of the game, but those last 5 minutes made it worthwhile. Simply awesome

Since it's apparently a day for old cheesey movie references from me ... I'll just say this ...

In the immortal words of Clark W. Griswold ... If I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I couldn't be any more surprised than I am right now.

That's a really good Minnesota team that just does not give up leads at home like that. And Backstrom does not allow two goals to hit him and go in like those last two very often. Not the Sabres best night, but man, they don't quit.

Since it's apparently a day for old cheesey movie references from me ... I'll just say this ...

In the immortal words of Clark W. Griswold ... If I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I couldn't be any more surprised than I am right now.

That's a really good Minnesota team that just does not give up leads at home like that. And Backstrom does not allow two goals to hit him and go in like those last two very often. Not the Sabres best night, but man, they don't quit.

I'l say it again...shades of '06-'07.

I'l say it again...shades of '06-'07.

Yup, I agree. Confidence in the FO again and we're not stinging from losing our C's. A solid team all around thus far. That Trent Edwards has done wonders for...er... sorry... I'm confusing myself. I'm just not used to having two decent Buffalo teams at the same time.

Life is good this evening.

Is that good or bad?

What, no love for Max here? I think the guy's playing some of the best hockey of his career.

Anyone else catch Neale calling another election with the polls still open? :)

I'm one of Maxs' biggest supporters on this board... I thought he played pretty well... But damn, one of those shots needs to go in already....

okay admit it... Who hear thought the game was out of reach when Miller own goaled it??? I sure as hell did...

I had the opposite reaction. As soon as Miller's goal went in, I could hear his post-game interview: "Well, we were kind of flat, so I decided to give the boys a challenge, you know, to wake them up ;)"

Archived