GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Mair and Thompson were in the penalty box, then were sent back to the dressing room. We still don't know why they were sent back.

link: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/GS020033.HTM

Well, here's what the game summary says for the Sabres in the second period:

1 2 6:04 12 A.KOTALIK 2 Interference

2 2 8:43 52 C.RIVET 10 Game misconduct

3 2 8:43 52 C.RIVET 10 Game misconduct

4 2 8:43 36 P.KALETA 5 Fighting (maj)

5 2 8:43 36 P.KALETA 10 Misconduct (10 min)

6 2 8:43 22 A.MAIR 5 Fighting (maj)

7 2 10:14 52 C.RIVET 5 Fighting (maj)

8 2 16:46 6 J.SPACEK 2 Delaying Game-Puck over glass

Islanders:

5 2 8:43 20 S.BERGENHEIM 5 Fighting (maj)

6 2 8:43 20 S.BERGENHEIM 10 Game misconduct

7 2 8:43 32 B.WITT 5 Fighting (maj)

8 2 8:43 32 B.WITT 10 Game misconduct

9 2 8:43 45 N.THOMPSON 5 Fighting (maj)

10 2 9:32 44 F.MEYER 2 Cross checking

11 2 19:08 89 M.COMRIE 2 Slashing

12 2 19:08 44 F.MEYER 2 Tripping

I have no idea how Rivet got a penalty at 10:14, cause he was already off the ice? In all cases, the Sabres absolutely whipped them man for man in that fight.

Ba-dum-bum ... he'll be here all week folks! Try the veal!

Oh, wait, were you serious? ;)

Yup, the Sabres should be good for another couple tallies from Peters. :rolleyes:

Actually, this will probably be the best chance he gets to score this year, but I think he is just pissed because of all the PIMs and he has NONE.

Now that's hockey! Step up with a SHG, then when picked on to start a fight, your captain gets a game misconduct. He may have been thrown out of the game, which is bad, but this team has finally shown that it has a backbone. Way to go Mair on your goal and kicking the crap out of that sorry soul. Kaleta? I'm slightly pissed it took you 3 years to absolutely PWN someone, but glad you did it today! 5-0. Play good defense to get lalime a good result in the 3rd.

As for Hecht, his return was "questionable"... I guess I shouldn't get too worried, or at least not worry till he misses practice tomorrow, but can we go 2 games without suffering an injury? good lord!

Now that's hockey! Step up with a SHG, then when picked on to start a fight, your captain gets a game misconduct. He may have been thrown out of the game, which is bad, but this team has finally shown that it has a backbone. Way to go Mair on your goal and kicking the crap out of that sorry soul. Kaleta? I'm slightly pissed it took you 3 years to absolutely PWN someone, but glad you did it today! 5-0. Play good defense to get lalime a good result in the 3rd.

As for Hecht, his return was "questionable"... I guess I shouldn't get too worried, or at least not worry till he misses practice tomorrow, but can we go 2 games without suffering an injury? good lord!

I don't know how many people posting are at work listening or actually watching but although I'm glade that the Sabres didn't back down in the fight, there was absolutely no need for Rivet to get involved. It was a clear 3rd man in the fight and it was Mair fighting so he did not need the help. Unfortunately he probably won't be available on Wednesday against the Rangers now.....

Dam*! I wanted it to be relevant when I looked up whether a goalie had ever had a shutout playing in the first game for their team.

No more goals against!

Didn't T-blo have a shutout in his first game? Maybe it was the second game, hell I can't remember what I did yesterday.

Archived