GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Holy crap! I have been on a call this whole game. Thank God for the mute button on my phone.

They're beating them on the scoreboard and on the ice. Nice body slam by Kaleta :death: and Rivet can fight!....while Peters sits on the bench.

We even got a power play goal to start things off. Nice. I think I like this new "play killer defense first" plan.

Ha! Another PP goal as I write this. Cool

This team looks a heck of a lot better than what we saw at the end of last year. I especially like that they are letting Lalime see the puck the whole way in, and I have only seen 1? case of them being sloppy with the puck after a save/rebound. Plus they look like they've improved confidence wise 100%

only hecht hurt ... Mair, Rivet and kaleta sent to the room for the fight ... they all got 5 and 10 I think, they will be back in 3rd.

Rivet, Kaleta, Bergenheim, and Witt all got game misconducts. The others only got 5. I guess since Mair-Thompson was the original fight, they got to stay.

only hecht hurt ... Mair, Rivet and kaleta sent to the room for the fight ... they all got 5 and 10 I think, they will be back in 3rd.

Thanks, I hope the Hecht injury is nothing bad too early in season for that injury bug to hit our forwards....

According to box score, Rivet, bergenheim and Witt got game misconducts ... tough break for Bergenheim, a game for getting his face beat in ... Kaleta got 5 and 10 ... Mair and Thompson just 5 ...

TSN has Kaleta as a fight and the game misconduct.

edit: And it looks like Thompson may have gotten the game too.

TSN has Kaleta as a fight and the game misconduct.

edit: And it looks like Thompson may have gotten the game too.

I think maybe they all did ... shouldn't be surprised there was confusion on the island, not sure they have computers in that building ...

I know none of you not watching will believe this ... but vanek is busting his ass on the PK and is doing WELL.

Mair and Thompson were in the penalty box, then were sent back to the dressing room. We still don't know why they were sent back.

I bet the scorer screwed up and gave Witt and Kaleta misconducts (or game misconducts depending on which boxscore you read) instead of Mair-Thompson.

NHL.com also had Rivet with two Game Misconducts and a fight two minutes later, so I don't think anyone knows WTF is going on.

2nd Period

06:04 BUF Ales Kotalik : Interference - 2 min

08:43 NYI Sean Bergenheim : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

08:43 NYI Sean Bergenheim : Game misconduct - 0 min

08:43 NYI Brendan Witt : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

08:43 NYI Brendan Witt : Game misconduct - 0 min

08:43 NYI Nate Thompson : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

08:43 BUF Craig Rivet : Game misconduct - 0 min

08:43 BUF Craig Rivet : Game misconduct - 0 min

08:43 BUF Patrick Kaleta : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

08:43 BUF Patrick Kaleta : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

08:43 BUF Adam Mair : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

09:32 NYI Freddy Meyer : Cross checking - 2 min

10:14 BUF Craig Rivet : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

16:46 BUF Jaroslav Spacek : Delaying Game-Puck over glass - 2 min

19:08 NYI Mike Comrie : Slashing - 2 min

Mair and Thompson were in the penalty box, then were sent back to the dressing room. We still don't know why they were sent back.

It's mayhem in the scorekeepers box. They don't know what the hell is going on.

At least the Islanders more than likely won't be trying to "even things up" on the ice seeing how we still have Peters available.

It's mayhem in the scorekeepers box. They don't know what the hell is going on.

At least the Islanders more than likely won't be trying to "even things up" on the ice seeing how we still have Peters available.

And due to the short bench, he might just be out there with someone of importance, so yeah I agree on that.

Archived