GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Back to the hockey side for a second....that MacDonald kid better learn to control a rebound every now and then or he's going to spend a lot more time in the AHL. Three real big rebounds turned into goals thus far.

And it's nice to see the Sabres' PK unit playing well.

Back to the hockey side for a second....that MacDonald kid better learn to control a rebound every now and then or he's going to spend a lot more time in the AHL. Three real big rebounds turned into goals thus far.

And it's nice to see the Sabres' PK unit playing well.

He doesn't trust his glove. He was cheating so far glove side that he caught totally out of position on the wide shot.

Listening to WGR ....

Are the Sabres beating people up? .... with the Captain Rivet starting IT up ..... WHO ARE THESE GUYS!/?? .... Rivet as captain adds a nice ornery mix to the Sabres ". Is he The Face-washing defenseman " to quote a long-time poster's (sorry, I forget who) signature - the Sabres have been looking for.

I know it was Mair and Kaleta and that is their job, and to a lesser extent Rivet also ... but yougotta love how they didn't back down. Kaleta wasn't taking Witt's crap just cuz he is a veteran and quite a bit bigger, and Mair would have gone all day with that kid if they'd let him ... that was not "well we gotta fight here" ...

Listening to WGR ....

Are the Sabres beating people up? .... with the Captain Rivet starting IT up ..... WHO ARE THESE GUYS!/?? .... Rivet as captain adds a nice ornery mix to the Sabres ". Is he The Face-washing defenseman " to quote a long-time poster's (sorry, I forget who) signature - the Sabres have been looking for.

Line Fight.

Blood on ice.

Kids Day on the Island.

Rivet doesn't back down.

Listening to WGR ....

Pretty much ...Rivet pummeled some guy to the point Harry said "He's gonna need a shoehorn to get his helmet back on." ... Mair won his for sure, and Kaleta body-slammed Witt ... Witt punched him in the head a few times when they were on the ice but ... it was kaleta's only play he's so much shorter.

Anyone know who's blood dirtied up the ice? It had to be an Isles player as I didn't see one of them land a punch. Rivet pummeled his guy, Mair won his fight and Kaleta just body slammed Witt hard to the ice. I'm thinking Rivet may have gotten third man in possibly.

Not only was that a bit of a brawl, but every single Islander took the worst of it.

They definitely lost the fights, the game and the players they need to get back into it. And more importantly, they can't put Rick DiPietro in to calm it down. This could be a get healthy stat-wise game for a bunch of Sabres..

Anyone here why Hecht is out?

EDIT: I just heard, upper body injury.. questionable return

Archived