GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Wow. That could have easily been a major on Tallinder.

Yeah, agree on that.

We'd have been pretty pissed over than one, had it gone the other way I suspect.

PP still stinks though, even if they scored on the last one. No pressure at all, not getting set up.

1 shot on goal in a 4 min PP.... Brutal.

I kind of like the way the Islanders are killing the penalty. Very aggressive and going after the Sabres the whole time, not sitting back and letting the Sabres take shot after shot. I always liked that kind of penalty killing. I wish the Sabres would do that.

Every team has done that against us the past 2 years, and we still haven't found a way to counter it.

I kind of like the way the Islanders are killing the penalty. Very aggressive and going after the Sabres the whole time, not sitting back and letting the Sabres take shot after shot. I always liked that kind of penalty killing. I wish the Sabres would do that.

They are blocking a lot of shots.

Islanders aren't looking too good themselves otherwise.

No Tully's for me. It is too nice to be there. As for the Sabres, thank god T-bo is gone otherwise it could very easily be 4-1 NYI at this point. Lalime has looked sharp on the few good chances he has seen. All in all a pretty boring period. Must be the afternoon start time.

Game 2 of the season? Seriously?
You think this has only been a problem for the last two games?

Thank you.

I believe Lindy coaches the PP, and has done since Arniel left?

I was under the impression that it was McCutcheon. If it is Lindy then he needs to find a PP coach to help him out, because they have been brutal since Arniel left.

I believe Lindy coaches the PP, and has done since Arniel left?

You can only coach what you have. They have no playmakers to make the defense back off. They have no true point men. Pominville should be down low with Vanek and Roy. They continue to rely on Connolly to be the playmaker and their only attempt to address the point in the last few years was once again the cheap way out with Andy Delmore and we know how well that worked.

Well, after all that, I only missed the first 4 minutes of the game. So far, the sabres look good. They weren't too effective on the 4 minute PP, but they scored earlier on the PP so that's a little progress. They're working hard and keeping the chances away from Lalime (who looks sharp). I'm very glad that Lindy is playing lalime this early in the season. It speaks volumes to what he may have learned from last year and it will hopefully give the guys confidence playing in front of the new goalie, assuming he plays the last two periods like he played the first. So far so good!

Well, after all that, I only missed the first 4 minutes of the game. So far, the sabres look good. They weren't too effective on the 4 minute PP, but they scored earlier on the PP so that's a little progress. They're working hard and keeping the chances away from Lalime (who looks sharp). I'm very glad that Lindy is playing lalime this early in the season. It speaks volumes to what he may have learned from last year and it will hopefully give the guys confidence playing in front of the new goalie, assuming he plays the last two periods like he played the first. So far so good!

This game is going to open up, I think.

It looks like the team is less hesitant to take shots so that should open passing lanes as this game goes.

All is well so far, just not too pretty.

Got to like that Hecht goal. That got me a Goal, PPP and +1 in the Sabrespace Fantasy League. It holds up and its a GWG too. Sitting in the BWI airport listening on my laptop. Hopefully, I'll get the second period in before I board.

No surprises about that first period. Hockey players are not programmed to play day games. It's just not natural and disrupts all their routines.

Catch a real break without Rick DiPietro in there.

Go Sabres..

Archived