GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'm working but testing the new Direct TV DVR with the record mode set. Planning too kick back tonight, relax and be able to watch the highlights from a 4-2 Bflo win.

Lets Getr done today boys and move the show to Manhatten Wednesday for another early showdown in the East heare and a measure of where this team is with the new defense first style.

I liked that part. I didn't like the reference to a "gimme" and "any team can..." What's he saying?

He's saying there are none ... just like you are, they're not good enough for those. Sometimes, they are just saying what they are saying, why read into it that far?

Who knows, maybe the questioner pointed out that they took the Isles lightly to start last season, hence framing the response that they can't do that.

Just programmed the DVR...noticed that my DirecTV guide says the game is in HD. I thought the away games were all going to be SD again this year? Or are some HD and some SD? :blink:

The away games broadcast by MSG are SD. So if it's HD, then it is the NYI feed.

He's saying there are none ... just like you are, they're not good enough for those. Sometimes, they are just saying what they are saying, why read into it that far?

Who knows, maybe the questioner pointed out that they took the Isles lightly to start last season, hence framing the response that they can't do that.

I'm not reading too much, you're reading too little. What does "any team can beat any other team" mean to you?

PA, what do you want him to say if not that? They're not good enough to think, "We have to work hard and do the little things every game?"

I think I know what PA is saying. ?Like if coach feels the need to say it, maybe it implies some players may be feeling that it is a "gimme". ?But as was also pointed out above, maybe the question posed was "are you looking past the Isles" or something similar.

You buying the beers? I should go there, I got nothin going on tomorrow, except to watch the game. It's only the 2nd game and it's on the road, but I think it will tell us a lot about how this season is going to be played out. Therefore, I am hoping for a well-played win. For some reason I can see last years team showing up and I am not sure why. I hope they prove me way wrong.

Hey if you go, go to the bar area and sit near the flat screen tv's near the play room.

And tell your waitress you want sound. They always do it. I'll be there as soon as i get out of MCC. I'm wearing my Vanek jersey. Although i may be a bit late, i guess we got some serious sh!t to do in class. lol.

I get out of class at 1:50 and going straight to Tullys in Henrietta so i won't be missing too much of the game.
You buying the beers? I should go there, I got nothin going on tomorrow, except to watch the game. It's only the 2nd game and it's on the road, but I think it will tell us a lot about how this season is going to be played out. Therefore, I am hoping for a well-played win. For some reason I can see last years team showing up and I am not sure why. I hope they prove me way wrong.
If you guys do go make sure you say so here. I may bail on class if I'm not feelin' it tomorrow afternoon. :beer: I'll be sure to wear my Khmylev jersey if I do.

So who is going? I am on the fence. I left work early and am debating whether or not I should go.

I missed Fridays game because I worked from 4pm Friday to 8pm Sunday night. Today is a day off for me. Just have to leave briefly to get the kids from school. Low note: Husband went to his second job and I'm all alone :(

I need to see what this team looks like before I make a prediction but I am cautiously optimistic. Trying out the new Direct TV Center Ice thing today. I spent last season without hockey on my tv and I will never do it again.

I'm out this time, it's too nice out to sit in a bar all afternoon. Beer and yard work while listening on the radio sounds like my afternoon plan.

As soon as the weather gets crappy though, I'm there. :beer:

No problem. Whenever you guys wanna get together, at any local bar, just let me know. I'm always game for some Sabres and beers.

Kevin Sylvester on Sabres.com suggests that Sabres may start Lalime today.... i think it's pure speculation but with those media people, you just never know if they have any "inside" hints when they make such suggestions. lol.

Looks like Lalime is getting the start.

Archived