GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

2:00pm

Please note the afternoon start.

I sincerely believe that this is the very first "must win" game of the year. It's a road game, in the middle of the day, against a conference opponent, and the game following an emotional victory. I'd like the sabres to simply continue on from their effort on Friday. Change nothing from their normal play and take small baby steps on the power play. I think that the sabres were probably gameplanning for Connolly on the PP friday. They had their 2 and a half days to prepare an alternative PP gameplan now.

Now, since this is an afternoon game on a holiday, who's actually going to be able to see it? I work for a school system that does not celebrate columbus day (or for that matter, canadian thanksgiving). It's neither here nor there, but I think its a good thing that we don't celebrate Columbus day. I'll debate the merits of Columbus' "discovery" in another thread though... We do let out at 2:15, so I will be going home as soon as dismissal is taken care of. Hopefully i'll just miss the first half of the first period.

2:00pm

Please note the afternoon start.

I sincerely believe that this is the very first "must win" game of the year. It's a road game, in the middle of the day, against a conference opponent, and the game following an emotional victory. I'd like the sabres to simply continue on from their effort on Friday. Change nothing from their normal play and take small baby steps on the power play. I think that the sabres were probably gameplanning for Connolly on the PP friday. They had their 2 and a half days to prepare an alternative PP gameplan now.

Now, since this is an afternoon game on a holiday, who's actually going to be able to see it? I work for a school system that does not celebrate columbus day (or for that matter, canadian thanksgiving). It's neither here nor there, but I think its a good thing that we don't celebrate Columbus day. I'll debate the merits of Columbus' "discovery" in another thread though... We do let out at 2:15, so I will be going home as soon as dismissal is taken care of. Hopefully i'll just miss the first half of the first period.

I work from home every Monday.... Here's to having the seniority when we chose days. Gonna get a lot of work done, I'm sure. Chances are I'll probably have to spend half that time dialed into conference calls.... oh, the things I'm sure I'll say....

Anybody know if it will be streaming video somewhere? I haven't checked and I forgot the link to the streaming video thing. Out here it will be at 11 am so I have to watch (or listen) while I'm at work. I'll have to schedule that I'm busy 'til 1.30. Wonder if Lindy will keep the lineup the same or throw in Ellis. I think they should put Ellis in for tomorrow. I think they need to keep playing the way they did Friday and get the ball on a roll.

I am just looking for the same effort. And i hope the PP clicks a bit more. I think Sabres play strong but allow a few more defensive mistakes. But i don't expect the Islanders to keep Max, Roy, Kotalik and Pominville off the scoresheet.

4-3 Buffalo. Max, Pominville, Paille and Stafford.

I get out of class at 1:50 and going straight to Tullys in Henrietta so i won't be missing too much of the game.

I am just looking for the same effort. And i hope the PP clicks a bit more. I think Sabres play strong but allow a few more defensive mistakes. But i don't expect the Islanders to keep Max, Roy, Kotalik and Pominville off the scoresheet.

4-3 Buffalo. Max, Pominville, Paille and Stafford.

I get out of class at 1:50 and going straight to Tullys in Henrietta so i won't be missing too much of the game.

You buying the beers? I should go there, I got nothin going on tomorrow, except to watch the game. It's only the 2nd game and it's on the road, but I think it will tell us a lot about how this season is going to be played out. Therefore, I am hoping for a well-played win. For some reason I can see last years team showing up and I am not sure why. I hope they prove me way wrong.

Who's in goal for the Isles? DiPee or the other guy?

Not sure. I think Rick DP had fluid removed from a sore knee this weekend. It seems he also has had a list of problems (back, and such...) for a while. Even if he plays, how effective can he be? Start peppering him with shots, guys!!

Not sure. I think Rick DP had fluid removed from a sore knee this weekend. It seems he also has had a list of problems (back, and such...) for a while. Even if he plays, how effective can he be? Start peppering him with shots, guys!!

Probably why I thought I got a steal in the fantasy draft :wallbash:

Word is Rick DP might come back tonight, hoping he doesn't because he always seems to stone the sabres. I don't see buffalo going over 3 goals maybe 4 with empty netter. Also gonna be different style of play then the old Nolan Isles, sabres migth have to adjust to that. Where will the fishermen get there scoring from?

Hopefully work won't block this for me or else I might have to duck out early.

Has any Buffalo sports team ever won when anyone associated with it said something like this?

?There?s no gimmes. We found out last year the first two games,? coach Lindy Ruff said after practice Sunday morning in HSBC Arena. ?You?ve got to be ready to put the work in. You have to keep driving home the point that with the parity in this league, if you?re not ready to do the little things and commit to being strong away from the puck and strong with it, any team can beat any other team.?

Grrrrrrr. We're not good enough to even think this way.

Archived