Mike Ryan is History

Corp000085

I actually liked the Ryan-Mair-Kaleta energy line. Mair and Kaleta brought the hits and Ryan's speed, plus Mair's decent offensive abilities (for a fourth liner) kept the opposition on their toes. Plus, Ryan was playing well on the PK before his injury.

That said, you can have a few role players on the third and fourth lines that stay there, but the remaining spots are good for giving young guys the chance to break into the lineup. In that sense, Ryan was expendable, so I'm not too upset by this. I would have rather seen him in Portland, but oh well ...

I actually liked the Ryan-Mair-Kaleta energy line. Mair and Kaleta brought the hits and Ryan's speed, plus Mair's decent offensive abilities (for a fourth liner) kept the opposition on their toes. Plus, Ryan was playing well on the PK before his injury.

That said, you can have a few role players on the third and fourth lines that stay there, but the remaining spots are good for giving young guys the chance to break into the lineup. In that sense, Ryan was expendable, so I'm not too upset by this. I would have rather seen him in Portland, but oh well ...

I actually preferred the Mair-Stafford-Kaleta energy line. More hitting, scoring, PP opportunities, more fun to watch, exceptional chemistry. It really was an effective line. I don't think I saw Stafford play better last season than on that line.

I actually preferred the Mair-Stafford-Kaleta energy line. More hitting, scoring, PP opportunities, more fun to watch, exceptional chemistry. It really was an effective line. I don't think I saw Stafford play better last season than on that line.

You're right and that kinda proves my point. Stafford is a top-line potential guy, who got his chance to keep a roster spot despite having a slump because Ryan wasn't locked into that fourth-line spot. If you could only use fourth-line type guys back there, then Ryan-Stafford-Kaleta was a decent line, but instead you leave that spot open to for flexibility putting a young, higher-potential player in it when needed.

Come on. We've been through this before. Stop using baseball terminology. They don't have options. :wallbash: ;)

Sometimes I fall back into taking the easy way out. I have tried to say before that a player is no longer eligible to return to the minors without clearing waivers based on age and/or experience and I end up spending an hour trying to find the section of the CBA to verify this.

Saying a player is out of options is just easier.

Sometimes I fall back into taking the easy way out. I have tried to say before that a player is no longer eligible to return to the minors without clearing waivers based on age and/or experience and I end up spending an hour trying to find the section of the CBA to verify this.

Saying a player is out of options is just easier.

Slacker ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Not so fast!

Looks like Mike Ryan has already failed in Russia, even though their only like a week into their season.

http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=381153

Mike Ryan is listed on the Nashville training camp roster. LOL

So that is how the Preds are getting back at Russia for stealing Radulov while he was still under contract? By taking Mike Ryan? :lol:

Archived