Mike Ryan is History

Corp000085

Ryan was a great 4th line player. Too bad he couldn't hit a barn with a puck let alone a goal mouth. I was hoping he'd stick around and hone his craft..

"great"? :huh: Really? The kid had the basic skills and would have helped the Pirates this season but I never thought of him as having any significance or impact on the Sabres success.

My friend from the Sabres told me that amonth ago..At least he is right sometimes....

They didnt think he would progress any further..

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php...st&p=101825

Understandable. At 28 it's pretty much "what you see is what you get." Not much more developing we could expect from him.

I liked him. I think he played over his welcome though, not in just Buffalo, but NHL. I watched several games of his in the AHL, and i don't think he was truly NHL quality. But when he arrived, he always gave a honest effort and was doing the little things. At first, thats all cool, but after a while, you need to bring more to the team. He stopped improving. I don't think he was great in any means, i think he was average, i do think he was a great Sabre when he was here, as in, always worked hard, good attitude, and never took a night off, and i think thats what Buffalo Sabres hockey is all about. He just lacked alot of skills. He has NO hands. He had chances, but couldn't finish.

Couple things with Ryan. He was pretty good. But that's as good as he's gonna be. He hasn't gotten better year over year, and the one part of his game that really bugged me is the fact that he's not strong on his skates. He was ineffective on the wall, and fell down more often than he put a puck on the net. Nice speed, but not skilled enough. He'll do well with the Ruskies. That league is THIN.

Couple things with Ryan. He was pretty good. But that's as good as he's gonna be. He hasn't gotten better year over year, and the one part of his game that really bugged me is the fact that he's not strong on his skates. He was ineffective on the wall, and fell down more often than he put a puck on the net. Nice speed, but not skilled enough. He'll do well with the Ruskies. That league is THIN.

Oh, well. So much for getting Jagr... :D

Archived