Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

34 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm sure you can get some tire strips and go full on Rambo on him. 

We had a group of teens probably about 8 years ago that were firing off fireworks in broad daylight in a public park behind us. They then went through my neighborhood and shot them at houses. When people came out to stop them, they sped off down a dead end street with no outlet. So we’re all laughing at them waiting for them to come back out. 

I had actually been cleaning up nails in my yard from a ***** siding company so I had a pocket full of nails. I thought about that homemade nail strip but decided against it. Everyone had the plate and the cops called already so the kids were toast already. 

When these geniuses came back through, they went back to that park they started in. Guess what? No outlet there either. They wound up abandoning the car and running. The cops really struggled to figure out who they were since that was the only car in the entire parking area. 

kids are dumb and mostly harmless… until they start shooting fireworks at the window of a sleeping infant. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I would put it in writing to the police chief & town supervisor, and spell it out they will be held liable if anyone ever gets hurt, for ignoring the warnings.(I wonder if it would have a greater impact coming from your lawyer?)

If there is a regular time when this lunatic is out and about, it is easy enough for them to set up a traffic detail for the area.  

All the money we pay in taxes…just don’t ask for anything in return.  😡

Amazing how effective the threat of litigation is if a potential hazard can go kaca.  Significantly unrelated, but had a fairly new car that's speedometer starting going wild.  It would randomly peg itself or drop down to below 0 or go ANYWHERE inbetween.  There was 0 correlation between what it displayed and how fast the car was going.  So, the only way to figure out if you were close to the right speed was to keep with traffic.  

Called the dealer to get them to fix that under warranty.  Their initial response was that yours truly should stop speeding.  🤬

Explained to them that even when going well below the posted speed limit this was occurring, so they said they could get me an appointment but since that was a specialty part it would take about 1-1/2 months to get it in for service.  Said, that's fine.  Just realize that if yours truly gets any speeding tickets or into any accidents that the dealership will be expected to pay those and any associated increases in the cost of the insurance as they know about the problem, it is a safety hazard, and they don't seem to care about remedying it.  Their tune changed pretty quickly after that.  Car was in the dealership the next AM and it was back running properly about 4 days after that.  And all w/ a courtesy loaner.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

I would put it in writing to the police chief & town supervisor, and spell it out they will be held liable if anyone ever gets hurt, for ignoring the warnings.(I wonder if it would have a greater impact coming from your lawyer?)

If there is a regular time when this lunatic is out and about, it is easy enough for them to set up a traffic detail for the area.  

All the money we pay in taxes…just don’t ask for anything in return.  😡

This would be my recommendation as well. In my area I would email the county Commissioner and get them involved with contacting the sheriffs. 

We have these stupid two lane u-turn lanes instead of left turns on the main road in my town. Dumbasses will change lanes in the middle of the u-turn with a car directly next to them. I got run off the road this morning and the f-er never even batted an eye as I laid on the horn. 

2 items for me today:

- My wife and I dropped our daughter off at college a few days ago.  Emotional devastation (for me, not for my daughter, who is as happy as a pig in mud to be back with her friends).

- I spent an entire day earlier this week going to 6 different car dealerships to help my MIL (who is 85!) buy a car.  Of the 6 dealerships, 2 of the salespeople I dealt with were reasonably solid, 2 were OK and 2 were complete sleazeballs. 

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

2 items for me today:

- My wife and I dropped our daughter off at college a few days ago.  Emotional devastation (for me, not for my daughter, who is as happy as a pig in mud to be back with her friends).

- I spent an entire day earlier this week going to 6 different car dealerships to help my MIL (who is 85!) buy a car.  Of the 6 dealerships, 2 of the salespeople I dealt with were reasonably solid, 2 were OK and 2 were complete sleazeballs. 

I have accepted the way things are with car dealers/dealerships, but it is still hard to think they operate they way they do.

I usually start with an email and then follow up with a visit, I make things clear:  This is the car I want. What are the current incentives, and if I pay cash for it, what is the price/best price.  It is RARE I get a direct answer.

Still it is better here in WNY than other places. We have relatives in Florida. My father-in-law (he's well over 70) often wants us to help him when he buys a new car. 

-Just about all of the dealerships in the area he lives put an extra "Southeast regional adjustment" onto the sticker. (usually $1000-$1500 over MSRP). I don't even know if it is legit regional fee, but the same person/group owns several different brands of dealerships in the area and the practice is across several brands down there.

-You go in and talk to them, ask them directly about it, and they say there is nothing they can do, its a mandatory charge.  We Walk out of the dealership.

-They call back usually the same day saying to 'come back in' that they will work with us on it.  We tell them we aren't paying it.

-So we go back in, they take the charge off, but then they offer $1000 or more LESS for the trade than what they told us earlier in the day. We left.

-They call back and say, we'll 'look at your trade again' and re-assess it. We went back in.

-They gave us the original number for his trade, but then when we asked for the entire price IN WRITING for the whole deal to take home and think about, they said they won't do it until we give them a 'good faith'  deposit BEFORE they would give us a final figure in writing.  

-We give them a 'refundable' deposit and then when we get the numbers back, it has the $1000 southeast regional adjustment fee BACK on the invoice.

I would not have given that dealership a single penny, but my father in law didn't want to go out of town, he didn't want to shop around...he just wanted us to help him get the 'best deal' and get it done.

Oh, and the same dealership...we had a GM car and I could get an oil change/tire rotation at the dealership here (up until 2 years ago) pretty much all the time for $70 with the 'coupon' they have on the website.  We drove to Florida, went to the local dealership down there, $115 dollars for the same tire rotation and oil change.

Yes, we went through this a couple years ago at a NEW car dealership. Funny thing is, go to the google reviews of the dealership (and others in the area) and they have over a 4.5 star rating, with review after review giving them glowing reviews for service, price, and how they treat customers.  I don't get it.

Edited by mjd1001

This might be more of a whine than a complaint.  Two of us from Syracuse (Sabres fans) have a friend from Toronto (Leafs fan) and we all went to last December’s Sabres beat down of the Leafs. Had a great time.  Decided to do it again and make it an annual thing so when pre-sale came up I went on but could only buy two tickets.  So I waited until first day of individual game tickets and nothing in lower bowl available (except secondary market).   Last year on the same day there were plenty and we all know the arena will be 60%+ full of Leaves so what happened? 

What is different this year versus prior year is my thought / question.

Edited by Mr Peabody

14 minutes ago, Mr Peabody said:

This might be more of a whine than a complaint.  Two of us from Syracuse (Sabres fans) have a friend from Toronto (Leafs fan) and we all went to last December’s Sabres beat down of the Leafs. Had a great time.  Decided to do it again and make it an annual thing so when pre-sale came up I went on but could only buy two tickets.  So I waited until first day of individual game tickets and nothing in lower bowl available (except secondary market).   Last year on the same day there were plenty and we all know the arena will be 60%+ full of Leaves so what happened? 

What is different this year versus prior year is my thought / question.

Pretty sure that though the people on this board are overall fairly down on the team, people in WNY (and on the NP) are generally happy with getting Ruff back and view last season as a bump in the road on the upturn.

Mentioned how few seats were marked as being available for STs at the B&G I with Ruff and Adams and it seems from looking at maps of available seats that they've even sold 500 - 1,000 more ticket packages than had been sold then.

WNY & the NP are true hockey hotbeds.  Will remain to be seen if the people that continue to come back will be proven right or wrong, but the ticket base rose once again.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

2 items for me today:

I did this back in the early 2000's... and all times before.  hated it.

Needed to buy a car about 18 months ago now.. I did all online research. I figured out what I wanted. I had already been in a car similar to what I wanted to buy so I didn't even need to test drive before I "negotiated".  My negotiation was comprised of me setting the price I was willing to pay and relevant details. I pointed out every similar model in the area and their online price tags.  I noted that I was contacting 3 dealerships and whoever met my price or better would be who I spoke to first.

The car I wanted was in Buffalo. The dealer offered me the price I wanted, drove it from Buffalo the next day, had it all ready to go to drive off the lot the night I came to test drive it (it was a used car). We reviewed the car, requested some touch ups, they agreed. I drove away with the car, they picked it up from me 2 days later to complete all the touch ups and delivered it back to me.

I don't think I could ever recommend shopping "in store".  At best I would walk in, tell them I am doing initial research and am not in a position to buy a car now. This reduces the pressure.  If they do give pressure I just walk out. The research done all the rest is done from the comfort of wherever I choose to be.

---

My son started his Junior year of college. He already does not have one of his classes on Friday because the professor has some conflict. What?  They have a set schedule, it should not be impossible to work around it to get things done. This happened all the time when he was at Bonaventure.  "No class today, teacher has a conflict."  Sometimes that conflict was watching the Bills game.  This is accepted by people.. insane.

Bought a new car 3 years ago.  It included free oil changes up to 32k miles...change every 8k.  Once "free" oil changes were done, sticker on windshield and paperwork says oil change every 6k.  FU...unless it is warranty work, you will never see me again.

41 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Bought a new car 3 years ago.  It included free oil changes up to 32k miles...change every 8k.  Once "free" oil changes were done, sticker on windshield and paperwork says oil change every 6k.  FU...unless it is warranty work, you will never see me again.

They really take you to town with those "free" oil changes.  You're required to stick to their maintenance schedule and they'll nickel and dime you for everything.  I remember one time I was in for one of those.  They wound up charging me a crazy sum for a new set of windshield wipers without telling me ahead of time.  I had just put new wipers on the car one day earlier.  They wouldn't even give me back the old ones, so on top of their stupid price, I was also out the money I just paid the day before.

Who sticks to a schedule for changing wipers?  Whenever they start getting streaky, you replace them.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

They really take you to town with those "free" oil changes.  You're required to stick to their maintenance schedule and they'll nickel and dime you for everything.  I remember one time I was in for one of those.  They wound up charging me a crazy sum for a new set of windshield wipers without telling me ahead of time.  I had just put new wipers on the car one day earlier.  They wouldn't even give me back the old ones, so on top of their stupid price, I was also out the money I just paid the day before.

Who sticks to a schedule for changing wipers?  Whenever they start getting streaky, you replace them.

During my last “free” oil change, I witnessed 3 people who brought their cars in for inspection, and all 3 were dinged for new wipers.  

In all my years going to my mechanic, I have never been told I need new wipers or inspection.  

Dealerships suck!!!

During my last “free” oil change, I witnessed 3 people who brought their cars in for inspection, and all 3 were dinged for new wipers.  

In all my years going to my mechanic, I have never been told I need new wipers or inspection.  

Dealerships suck!!!

I once had a dealership put the wrong size tires on my car, which I didn't find out until a year later after getting a nail in one.  A hyundai dealership put the wrong size tires on a hundai.  They tried to blame me for it.  I had to put in a decent fight, but eventually after a long conversation with the wife of the owner of this mega-dealership, I got every penny back for those tires.  I probably could have gotten even more if I really wanted to.  Thanks to those too small tires, I wound up putting more mileage on my car than I actually drove that year.  And then there's the safety concerns.

But yeah, every single time I'm in for those free oil changes (different dealership), I love sitting back and watching while they try to upsell something on every single customer there for maintenance.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I once had a dealership put the wrong size tires on my car, which I didn't find out until a year later after getting a nail in one.  A hyundai dealership put the wrong size tires on a hundai.  They tried to blame me for it.  I had to put in a decent fight, but eventually after a long conversation with the wife of the owner of this mega-dealership, I got every penny back for those tires.  I probably could have gotten even more if I really wanted to.  Thanks to those too small tires, I wound up putting more mileage on my car than I actually drove that year.  And then there's the safety concerns.

But yeah, every single time I'm in for those free oil changes (different dealership), I love sitting back and watching while they try to upsell something on every single customer there for maintenance.

I love the horror stories about dealership.

Related to tires, I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse about 15-20 years ago from a new car dealership.  Drove it home and at about 50-60 mph noticed a strange 'humming'.  Couldn't figure out why. Kept on doing it.  Found out that 3 of the 4 tires were the same, and one tire was brand new just like the others..but had a different tread pattern.  It was the same 'brand' of tire but a different tire.  Dealership didn't want to replace the tire, said the car came in that way.  I called Mitsubishi directly, a few days later the dealership told me to come in and they replaced the tire.

Not sure if the dealer had Mitsubishi read the riot act to them...OR...Mitsubishi agreed to pay the dealership to 'keep the customer happy'.  But the dealership sold a brand new car with a mis-matched tire and didn't want to fix it.

Was at a local chain today, and all of a sudden there was a ruckus at the counter.  Someone had gone through the drive thru with a child around 1 in the front seat with nothing more than a seatbelt.  Employees were trying to get license plate and call 911.  The kicker…there was a car seat in the back seat. 

😡😡😡