Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I hate e-bikes, they replaced bmw drivers as the douchebags on the road and should have seperate lanes.  They blow past you from behind at 40 - 60 km/hr and no bell to warn you or anything.

50 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I think between E-bikes and the BMW drivers, you are missing people who drive full size trucks and SUV's.

I was with you with BMW (and Audi) drivers, speeding, cutting you off, weaving in and out on the highways.  But now I see that behavior more in people driving 5000lb+ trucks and suvs instead.

I found these two responses quite timely and ironic.

Because my leg is fkd up from falling off my E-bike, I had to drive my full size F150 to work, where a BMW did indeed almost rear end me and then rip past me at I’m guessing 70MPH on a 40MPH limit road.

I’ve never had a worse bruise than what I have now. Plus it f’n hurts. At least the X-rays were negative.

I drive past a school most mornings where a cop is directing traffic. Yesterday there was a different officer out there than normal. I was first in line waiting as he was getting cars out of the school parking lot. I couldn’t actually see these cars because he had left his cruiser in a strange spot, blocking the line of sight. He signaled me to go and as I was moving a car suddenly flew across right in front of me. The cop never reacted in any way, so I have no clue if this car completely ignored his direction or the officer wasn’t paying attention. 

Bring back the regular guy. 

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

My gogly home just quit. Never used it for much, was nice to see the time and temp. It just keeps talking back to me. It’s unplugged and in the recycle bin for tomorrow 

I gave up on my echo puck years ago.  

E-scooters, e-skateboards.  Well, not them but the people who RIDE them.

How about a little common courtesy when riding them, along with some common sense.

There are 2 different people near me, one has an electric powered skateboard of some kind and another has something that looks like a skateboard but has one big rubber wheel in the middle, but rides kinda like a skateboard. These aren't kids (they are both probably in the 28-35 year old range) and they are reckless.  They ride on the street, and these things go really fast (20-25mph) and they weave in and out of the street, pop out of side streets at full speed without stopping, even pass cars waiting to make a left turn.

The E-scooters that kids and teenagers use aren't much better.  Walk on the sidewalk and they come up behind you going pretty fast (maybe 10 mph or more) and just blow by you before you even know they are there.

I don't mind the products per-se, but if the people who use them are driving them like idiots...then ban them.

29 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

E-scooters, e-skateboards.  Well, not them but the people who RIDE them.

How about a little common courtesy when riding them, along with some common sense.

There are 2 different people near me, one has an electric powered skateboard of some kind and another has something that looks like a skateboard but has one big rubber wheel in the middle, but rides kinda like a skateboard. These aren't kids (they are both probably in the 28-35 year old range) and they are reckless.  They ride on the street, and these things go really fast (20-25mph) and they weave in and out of the street, pop out of side streets at full speed without stopping, even pass cars waiting to make a left turn.

The E-scooters that kids and teenagers use aren't much better.  Walk on the sidewalk and they come up behind you going pretty fast (maybe 10 mph or more) and just blow by you before you even know they are there.

I don't mind the products per-se, but if the people who use them are driving them like idiots...then ban them.

I predict that there will soon be a whole bunch of new laws regarding these things.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The shingles vaccine sucks.  Worst "flu" in at least 7 years and that includes having had Covid.  (Though that lasted 3-1/2 days rather than just 2-1/2.)

Am SOOOOO looking forward to round 2.

Round 2 is usually the bad one.  Hopefully you are getting it over with in round 1.

• Thanks (+1) 1

We have a 'kid' in our neighborhood (by kid, maybe anywhere from 16-21 years old), who drives a Porsche SUV and is an absolute terror.  I notice him going up and down our street a couple times a day sometimes.  The speed limit here is 30, its a narrow, house lines side street, yet he is  going 50, maybe 55.  I'm not sure if it is a custom exhaust but it is louder than I would think he and revs the engine pretty often.

There is a park around the block, last week I saw him pull out of the park as fast as the vehicle could probably go, ignore the stop sign and full speed just enter the road and take it full speed.

A few neighbors have called or emailed the police, and they say they will keep an eye out, but they can't do anything unless they see it themself.  Last week it wasn't close to someone getting hurt, but a guy down the street was VERY upset because he was playing catch with his young son in the front yard and he said the SUV sped by right in front the yard again, going at least 50mph he said.  The family that lives at the corner say they noticed it all summer because they hear the squealing of the wheels as he blows through the stop sign all the time and takes the 90 degree turn at very high speed a few times per week in front of their house.

Last night I was walking around the block with my wife, he pulled up to the stop sign in the community and actually stopped. There was another 'kid' in the car with him, at the stop sign they got out,  switched seats....and then revved the engine, turned left onto the other side street, with the tires squealing and the engine revving while taking off at least 40-50, mph down the side street.

I have that on video. You can't see the license plate, but you can see and hear the vehicle and the driving.  I'm considering stopping at the police dept and showing them, I just hope if I do there is something they can actually do about it..not just say "we can't do anything unless we see it ourselves"

@mjd1001 as I was reading that I was all ready to ask if a video counts as the cops seeing it. Definitely show that to them. 

I hate that “we have to see it” approach. Take a wild guess what people do when they see a cop car… even the dumb ones. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

We have a 'kid' in our neighborhood (by kid, maybe anywhere from 16-21 years old), who drives a Porsche SUV and is an absolute terror.  I notice him going up and down our street a couple times a day sometimes.  The speed limit here is 30, its a narrow, house lines side street, yet he is  going 50, maybe 55.  I'm not sure if it is a custom exhaust but it is louder than I would think he and revs the engine pretty often.

There is a park around the block, last week I saw him pull out of the park as fast as the vehicle could probably go, ignore the stop sign and full speed just enter the road and take it full speed.

A few neighbors have called or emailed the police, and they say they will keep an eye out, but they can't do anything unless they see it themself.  Last week it wasn't close to someone getting hurt, but a guy down the street was VERY upset because he was playing catch with his young son in the front yard and he said the SUV sped by right in front the yard again, going at least 50mph he said.  The family that lives at the corner say they noticed it all summer because they hear the squealing of the wheels as he blows through the stop sign all the time and takes the 90 degree turn at very high speed a few times per week in front of their house.

Last night I was walking around the block with my wife, he pulled up to the stop sign in the community and actually stopped. There was another 'kid' in the car with him, at the stop sign they got out,  switched seats....and then revved the engine, turned left onto the other side street, with the tires squealing and the engine revving while taking off at least 40-50, mph down the side street.

I have that on video. You can't see the license plate, but you can see and hear the vehicle and the driving.  I'm considering stopping at the police dept and showing them, I just hope if I do there is something they can actually do about it..not just say "we can't do anything unless we see it ourselves"

You could always TS Garp the kid.  (And end up with a similar result too unfortunately.)

52 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

An old saying was “it takes a village to raise a kid”.  If that was me as the kid, I have no doubt more than a few of my neighbors would have talked to me about my driving speed and the risks.  That would have been enough to get my attention and for me to correct myself.  

I realize today things are different and parents defend their little angels.   Lawsuits, distrust of police and of authority in general, guns and violence, petty arguments, it’s out there everyday.  

Talk to the boy like he is a man.  Explain the situation.  He just might get it.   Do it right and you could be helping him and the entire community.   

Edited by Pimlach

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

An old saying was “it takes a village to raise a kid”.  If that was me as the kid, I have no doubt more than a few of my neighbors would have talked to me about my driving speed and the risks.  That would have been enough to get my attention and for me to correct myself.  

I realize today things are different and parents defend their little angels.   Lawsuits, distrust of police and of authority in general, guns and violence, petty arguments, it’s out there everyday.  

Talk to the boy like he is a man.  Explain the situation.  He just might get it.   Do it right and you could be helping him and the entire community.   

We had one in my neighborhood a few years back flying through regularly in a jeep. The father said he never speeds, it was just the type of tire that made sounds. So I assume it was also the tires that made him drive down the wrong side of the road around curves so he could maintain that slow speed. Some have no chance. 

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

We had one in my neighborhood a few years back flying through regularly in a jeep. The father said he never speeds, it was just the type of tire that made sounds. So I assume it was also the tires that made him drive down the wrong side of the road around curves so he could maintain that slow speed. Some have no chance. 

Why was the father involved at all?   Why not talk to the young man directly?  

Treat him like a man and he might decide to act like one.  

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Why was the father involved at all?   Why not talk to the young man directly?  

Treat him like a man and he might decide to act like one.  

Someone else complained about it on Facebook. Short of stepping out in front of the moving car, I never had the opportunity to talk to the kid. But based on what I described above, the father was not going to like anyone for doing that. 

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

Someone else complained about it on Facebook. Short of stepping out in front of the moving car, I never had the opportunity to talk to the kid. But based on what I described above, the father was not going to like anyone for doing that. 

Complaints on social media/Facebook, parents defending their babies and without knowledge of what’s really happening, sounds like today’s world alright.   Some people are just terrible parents because they won’t have the hard conversations with their kids.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

We don't know exactly where he lives.  A few neighbors say he comes from up the main road connected to ours a mile or two.  And of course, speeding down our street, there really isn't a chance to talk to him.

We did lose a tree at the entrance to our community about 1.5 years ago. A teenager then has driving a full size truck, took the turn too fast entering the community, lost control, spun over the sidewalk and took out a tree (while the full size truck he drove was totaled.)  No one knows for sure, but a few people in the community think its the same 'kid' (teenager) this time instead of his parents buying him a $50,000 full size truck when he was 16 or 17, he's now 18 or 19 and driving a Porsche SUV.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I would put it in writing to the police chief & town supervisor, and spell it out they will be held liable if anyone ever gets hurt, for ignoring the warnings.(I wonder if it would have a greater impact coming from your lawyer?)

If there is a regular time when this lunatic is out and about, it is easy enough for them to set up a traffic detail for the area.  

All the money we pay in taxes…just don’t ask for anything in return.  😡

Edited by LabattBlue

12 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

We don't know exactly where he lives.  A few neighbors say he comes from up the main road connected to ours a mile or two.  And of course, speeding down our street, there really isn't a chance to talk to him.

We did lose a tree at the entrance to our community about 1.5 years ago. A teenager then has driving a full size truck, took the turn too fast entering the community, lost control, spun over the sidewalk and took out a tree (while the full size truck he drove was totaled.)  No one knows for sure, but a few people in the community think its the same 'kid' (teenager) this time instead of his parents buying him a $50,000 full size truck when he was 16 or 17, he's now 18 or 19 and driving a Porsche SUV.

I assumed from your first post that he was a kid in the neighborhood that you know. 

This has gone on too long.  File a report with the police. Include the video.  

Edited by Pimlach

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm sure you can get some tire strips and go full on Rambo on him. 

One of the first thoughts a certain very close family member came up with....alas, too bad it wasn't that easy.

As a teen I remember a guy a few years older than me speeding down our little residential street several times a day in his muscle car.  My dad and neighbor decided to put a stop to it on their own.  They were playing catch with a softball across the street when this kid came through.  Neighbor threw the ball right into the door of the car.  When the car came to a screeching halt my neighbor ran up to the car and got in this kids face and let him know how he felt about this kid tearing up and down our street.  My dad and neighbor were big, intimidating looking guys. It sorta worked.

For the rest of the summer we heard the kid tearing up the street one block over.

48 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Complaints on social media/Facebook, parents defending their babies and without knowledge of what’s really happening, sounds like today’s world alright.   Some people are just terrible parents because they won’t have the hard conversations with their kids.  

Everyone’s kids are perfect little angels. I know because they all tell me.