Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I wont send you brag pictures tomorrow when I take off work to go fishing.

You should send them. I need to know that at least someone is catching fish.

• Like (+1) 1

I realize traffic lights on two way roads can’t be 100% synchronized(like they could on a one way street), but you think more effort could be put into timing signals so that traffic on the busier of two roads that intersect, has the green light for greater amounts of time. 😡

4 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

Huh?   I grew up in Buffalo.  There was plenty of unbearable humidity in the summer.  We also lived in the upstairs flat with no A/C.

Huh?   I grew up in Buffalo and i spend most of the summer there these days.   Why?  Because while the heat and humidity in a Buffalo summer exists,  it is nothing compared to the Southern States and the Midwest.  Not even close.  

Many (but not all) hot humid days end with cooler and pleasant evenings, especially if you live near the Lake or the River.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Huh?   I grew up in Buffalo and i spend most of the summer there these days.   Why?  Because while the heat and humidity in a Buffalo summer exists,  it is nothing compared to the Southern States and the Midwest.  Not even close.  

Many (but not all) hot humid days end with cooler and pleasant evenings, especially if you live near the Lake or the River.   

Agreed. Our Summers have a few brief stretches of hot days but the vast majority are great from May until early October. I spend 5 months on my deck and consider that entire time " Summer ", which I can do in retirement. 

I lived in Maryland and Florida during my Military days. I detested those summers. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

Huh?   I grew up in Buffalo.  There was plenty of unbearable humidity in the summer.  We also lived in the upstairs flat with no A/C.

Well, there is a lake…

‘my complaint would be bees. No I don’t mind the pollenators. It’s those yellow jackets, those wasps. I put out a few of those traps that catch wasps and yellow jackets just a few days ago. And lo and behold the whole thing is full dead.

3 roads lead to a major highway,

1 road is closed till August for a major reconstruction of the intersection,

2 roads to funnel 10's of thousands of vehicles a day on/off the road,

This week they decided to close the 2nd of the 3 roads for the week for repainting and railroad maintenence.

Welcome to hell!

36 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Speed cameras in work zones now. Apparently the little section of I-86 wrote 1800 tickets since they stated working on it last week. 

F big brother. 

Are you saying that a ticket just shows up in the mail?

3 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Well, there is a lake…

‘my complaint would be bees. No I don’t mind the pollenators. It’s those yellow jackets, those wasps. I put out a few of those traps that catch wasps and yellow jackets just a few days ago. And lo and behold the whole thing is full dead.

They scare me. I try and avoid them, I am allergic and carry my epipen everywhere.

I got stung dozens of times before but developed the allergy about 2 years ago. I came to after collapsing in the yard, home alone, after who knows how long being unconscious.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Speed cameras in work zones now. Apparently the little section of I-86 wrote 1800 tickets since they stated working on it last week. 

F big brother. 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/we-can-save-lives-death-of-nys-thruway-authority-worker-highlights-importance-of-responsible-driving

This might be why? Sometimes big brother is required because we, as a society, are a bunch of douchebags.

May 10, 2024..

People drive like entitled ***** and there are people working there.  I get where you are coming from, but if people just respected the situation perhaps it would not be necessary.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/we-can-save-lives-death-of-nys-thruway-authority-worker-highlights-importance-of-responsible-driving

This might be why? Sometimes big brother is required because we, as a society, are a bunch of douchebags.

May 10, 2024..

People drive like entitled ***** and there are people working there.  I get where you are coming from, but if people just respected the situation perhaps it would not be necessary.

Interesting. Ages ago I went to school with the Erie county deputy commissioner of highways. I wonder what leads one to that position. 

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yes, it will go to the registered address in the mail with a fine 

Is this a real thing or something you read on the internet?

edit: never mind. I just saw this is a new thing.

god bless merica.

Edited by SwampD

8 hours ago, Night Train said:

Agreed. Our Summers have a few brief stretches of hot days but the vast majority are great from May until early October. I spend 5 months on my deck and consider that entire time " Summer ", which I can do in retirement. 

I lived in Maryland and Florida during my Military days. I detested those summers. 

Lived in Baltimore for a year.  Spent lots of time at PAX River too.  The humidity was terrible in Maryland.  Florida summers, ugh.  

Buffalo area summers are awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Is this a real thing or something you read on the internet?

edit: never mind. I just saw this is a new thing.

god bless merica.

I sadly know about speeding cameras because they are Huge in Europe, I got a speeding ticket in the Netherlands and Switzerland from camera even up on the mountain roads, got a 100 Euro fine from Hertz to my house in the US. 

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I sadly know about speeding cameras because they are Huge in Europe, I got a speeding ticket in the Netherlands and Switzerland from camera even up on the mountain roads, got a 100 Euro fine from Hertz to my house in the US. 

Maybe you should stop speeding.

• Haha (+1) 1

I hate being a quantum jumper. I go into a room looking for something, search the entire room, it’s not there. I turn to leave, stop, turn around, and it’s right there.

One moment, I’m in the reality where it’s not there, the very next moment, I’m in the reality where it is.

It sure wastes a lot of my time and it’s exhausting.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Human Beings.... That Google their symptoms and believe they have 10 years of medical training. 

Don't come at me with your ***** until you can pronounce the made up diagnosis you think you have. 

Hey, leave my wife out of this!

I keep telling her to stop doing that (she doesn’t bring it to the doctor though). The same thing always tells you that you either have a pulled muscle or late stage cancer. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Human Beings.... That Google their symptoms and believe they have 10 years of medical training. 

Don't come at me with your ***** until you can pronounce the made up diagnosis you think you have. 

This is what happens when public leaders start mass criticism of the medical community leaders.  The distrust of doctors and science is a direct result of the attacks on doctors and science over the last 4 years.

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)

NYS license plates.  Disgusting.  I have never seen another states plates that are falling apart(finish peeling off). Not sure of the root cause, but will aways be suspicious when the plates are made by Corcraft(NYS Prisoners). 

Then NYS says if you want the same plate number for a replacement, open your wallet.  🖕🏻

Edited by LabattBlue

Bob Newhart passed away today.

IMHO he was the funniest human alive.

What a sad day.

Unfortunately the Button Down Mind won't be striking again.

RIP Dr. Hartley & Dick Laudon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1