Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Traveling and staying in a hotel for more than 2 nights.  One is no problem, two is ok.  I have 3 more nights to go for a total of 5.  

Blah.   I miss my bed, my yard, my guitars, my golf clubs, and my man cave … 

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Do I really need to see TV commercials for body deodorants with the slogan "covering everything from pits to privates"?  

That crap is everywhere. I feel like YouTube tv replaces every commercial break with the same lady pushing that stuff. 

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Do I really need to see TV commercials for body deodorants with the slogan "covering everything from pits to privates"?  

And yet, according to the ads, the miracle deodorant apparently can't do anything about foot odor.  At least if the user isn't a contortionist, it's outside the scope of their product's intended use.

Or maybe it IS specifically designed FOR contortionists.  Which beggars the question, why the full on mass marketing of the products when it really is a fairly niche customer base?

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm sorry. Me too (my job, not yours). But for me it's one of those "the toughest job you'll ever love" deals. IOW the sausage making is unpleasant, but I feel good walking out the door (duh).

Can you do any mental gymnastics like that? Or do you truly hate the job and find nothing redeeming about it? In the end are you doing something important for the world?

I felt like I was but events at the job have taken that away. 

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And yet, according to the ads, the miracle deodorant apparently can't do anything about foot odor.  At least if the user isn't a contortionist, it's outside the scope of their product's intended use.

Or maybe it IS specifically designed FOR contortionists.  Which beggars the question, why the full on mass marketing of the products when it really is a fairly niche customer base?

Haven't you been paying attention?  The niches are all we care about these days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Which beggars the question, why the full on mass marketing of the products when it really is a fairly niche customer base?

Because mass marketing is a fairly effective way of turning a niche market into a mainstream market.

Very few women knew they needed to smell like a summer’s eve until Summer’s Eve told them they needed to.

Edited by Weave

59 minutes ago, Weave said:

Because mass marketing is a fairly effective way of turning a niche market into a mainstream market.

Very few women knew they needed to smell like a summer’s eve until Summer’s Eve told them they needed to.

We need a 'hmmm' reaction button here.  😉 

25 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

WNY summers go by so fast.  Here we are quickly approaching the 3rd week of July. 

Yes. They start late, end early, but they are the best.  Especially compared to the South and Midwests high heat and humidity.  

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes. They start late, end early, but they are the best.  Especially compared to the South and Midwests high heat and humidity.  

Huh?   I grew up in Buffalo.  There was plenty of unbearable humidity in the summer.  We also lived in the upstairs flat with no A/C.

38 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

WNY summers go by so fast.  Here we are quickly approaching the 3rd week of July. 

I was blissfully ignorant of the fact that we have reached the 2nd half of the traditional summer season.  You’re harshing my buzz, man.

• Like (+1) 1

Had to get up at 4 am to take my son to the airport.  Tried to go back to sleep for an hour or so when I got back.  Didn't really fall asleep.  I'm going to be a zombie today.  If I wasn't just back from vacation, I'd take a vacation day.

54 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

Huh?   I grew up in Buffalo.  There was plenty of unbearable humidity in the summer.  We also lived in the upstairs flat with no A/C.

LOL true story I came back from Florida to Blo 3 weeks ago, it was actually hotter there... but lets face it... summers there are nice 

All I wanted to do yesterday was go fishing. Took the day off. Had the kayak in the back of the truck and I just couldn’t get out of the driveway. I kept forgetting things and had to keep going back in to the house. Finally, once I knew I had everything, go to start the truck and I get a rrraaaeeeeoooow and nothing. Fine. Get my generator that has a 12V output and jump the truck. Put the genny in the truck it case it happens coming home and I’m on my way. It’s about a half hour to where I want to fish. Just before I get there, I stop at McDonald’s to get some food and do some business, go to start the truck, and nothing. Fine. Pull out the genny to jump it, nothing. Figure it doesn’t have enough juice and now the battery is really dead, walk a half mile in 100 degree sun to an auto parts store, buy a battery, walk it back (they are not light), put it in. Nothing. Wait in a f’n hot parking lot for two hours for a tow truck. Tow it all the way back to my local garage where, unbelievely, they had space and could actually fix it that day.

So after four hours in a hot parking lot and over a thousand dollars, I got a new battery I didn’t really need, a tow, and a new starter that I did need. And never got to fish.

And my reward for all that was having to get up early to go into the city for another MRI. That actually went really smoothly and was under 2 hours door to door.

The 'new' NY state thruway rest stops.

It seems the Millions and millions of dollars spent on rebuilding the rest areas on the thuway, well, they made them WORSE.  Some of them only have a handful of stalls in the restrooms.  The new rest stops have LESS than the old ones (5 or more people in the restroom, you are waiting in line.)

And, I'm personally not driving an EV, but at a couple we stopped at they installed EV chargers, but I think I counted 4 chargers at one and 6 at another.  If you are going to spend the money to install them, how about installing enough of them so that if EV's are a lot more popular in a few years, there won't be a line waiting to use them.

But yeah, the restroom thing really gets to me.  How do you have LESS than before? At a place that that majority of people driving who stop there do so to use the restroom?

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Had to get up at 4 am to take my son to the airport.  Tried to go back to sleep for an hour or so when I got back.  Didn't really fall asleep.  I'm going to be a zombie today.  If I wasn't just back from vacation, I'd take a vacation day.

My 5 month old is having some stomach issues and as a result is waking up at least once per hour overnight. It’s a blast. 

And in another note, contractors installing a pool have completely blocked the entrance to my neighborhood. There is another way out, but I’m so tempted to call the police on this one since it’s a big safety issue. You don’t realize it’s blocked u too you turn, so you then have to back out blindly. And it’s not like they’re just quickly unloading something, they’ve stored the trailer there for the day. 

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

My 5 month old is having some stomach issues and as a result is waking up at least once per hour overnight. It’s a blast. 

I can vaguely remember when we had newborns in the house (they're in their 30s now) and remember how every workday, I felt like zombie.

43 minutes ago, SwampD said:

All I wanted to do yesterday was go fishing. Took the day off. Had the kayak in the back of the truck and I just couldn’t get out of the driveway. I kept forgetting things and had to keep going back in to the house. Finally, once I knew I had everything, go to start the truck and I get a rrraaaeeeeoooow and nothing. Fine. Get my generator that has a 12V output and jump the truck. Put the genny in the truck it case it happens coming home and I’m on my way. It’s about a half hour to where I want to fish. Just before I get there, I stop at McDonald’s to get some food and do some business, go to start the truck, and nothing. Fine. Pull out the genny to jump it, nothing. Figure it doesn’t have enough juice and now the battery is really dead, walk a half mile in 100 degree sun to an auto parts store, buy a battery, walk it back (they are not light), put it in. Nothing. Wait in a f’n hot parking lot for two hours for a tow truck. Tow it all the way back to my local garage where, unbelievely, they had space and could actually fix it that day.

So after four hours in a hot parking lot and over a thousand dollars, I got a new battery I didn’t really need, a tow, and a new starter that I did need. And never got to fish.

And my reward for all that was having to get up early to go into the city for another MRI. That actually went really smoothly and was under 2 hours door to door.

I wont send you brag pictures tomorrow when I take off work to go fishing.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I can vaguely remember when we had newborns in the house (they're in their 30s now) and remember how every workday, I felt like zombie.

It's even more fun when she is starting to get very close to sleeping through the night... but then this issue happens and she's awake every hour.

• Like (+1) 1