GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

At the writing of this thread, the islanders have pulled the score to 3-2 devils. We'll see what happens at the end of this game, but the devils must come to buffalo tomorrow and play a very pissed off sabres team tomorrow night. How do i forsee this going down? Well, lets just call the Sabres Da Bears, and lets just call the Devils the Hurricane, with the special stipulation that hte hurricane's name is hurricane ditka. I see Da Bears winning big. Listen, miller called out the team, lindy responded by putting the sabres through hell the past few days, kotalik is coming back, paille and lydman have not been ruled out as of right now. Connolly is on the verge of returning... Right now, the devils are the team skating into a hurricane. I just can't see the sabres losing tomorrow. When the magic numbers have been reduced to a couple of games here and there, and the playoffs are starting in 2 weeks, its time for the leaders to shine, and they will.

Buffalo gets NJ on the backside of a two games in two days with travel. There can be no excuse for a loss tonight. NJ hasn't been playing well and will certainly be tired.

If the Sabres want to win the SC, it starts tonight against the Devils. Home ice throughout can be had with some spirited play against the Devils, Canadiens, Penguins and Islanders. That leaves the last 3 games against teams out of the playoffs.

A Buffalo win tonight drops the conference and division magic numbers to 4. That makes this all worth playing for. Boston did Buffalo and enormous favor last night knocking off the Sens. A Buffalo win tonight also matches Nashville's point total but Buffalo will have played one less game. More importantly, Buffalo will match their win total which is the first tie breaker. As long as Buffalo and Nashville tie in points and wins, this goes to Buffalo having beaten them in Nashville this year.

EDIT: Just noticed that PITT has tied NJ for the Division lead. NJ has them on wins at the moment. This is a MUST win game for the Devils..

Guest Sloth

There are many reasons why the Sabres need to win tonight. Yes, they need to win to build a playoff mentality, but they also need to win to build a comfort zone between themselves and the Senators/Devis. I was EXCITED that Boston beat Ottawa! This the Sabres chance to put the Senators to sleep for the SEASON. It'll be a different story for the playoffs. It'll depend on who wants it more.

As I wrote last night while watching the Isles game like you guys, is we really should pound these guys. It has already been written but should be said again - back to back and travel for the Devils vs Sabres sitting at home since Saturday, and after laying two eggs.

I don't even care as much about the final score as I do seeing 100% effort.

3-1 Sabres with the late empty netter, but only that close b/c of Brodeur...

i don't want to be that the sky is falling guy but the last time we laid in wait for a road team coming off a game the previous night was againt Colorado and we all remember what happened with that game so lets just hope the ready to play and play tough Sabres are on the ice tonight.

i don't want to be that the sky is falling guy but the last time we laid in wait for a road team coming off a game the previous night was againt Colorado and we all remember what happened with that game so lets just hope the ready to play and play tough Sabres are on the ice tonight.

Great observation.

When the Sabres have had time off before games this season, their play has suffered. But they're 6-2 in such situations. Again, do you praise the record or point out the problems (outshot 43-17 in Detroit, fell behind 4-1 in Boston, lost big leads against Florida and the Rangers, etc.)?

Given Lindy's displeasure with the team's effort against Toronto, and his subsequent actions (a day off, followed by a punishment-style practice) we may actually see his head explode if the boys don't come out focused and give a solid, 3-period effort tonight. Likewise, I hope the guys who were saying the right things after the Toronto series - Miller, Briere, Drury, Campbell - take the bull by the horns, and step up their games tonight, show some leadership and lead the team.

I would be very surprised if the Sabres don't come out and win this game going away!

This will be a big test to see how the Sabres respond and what they will do for the remainder of this season and the playoffs!

3-0

Not intended as a shot, but you can say the same thing about NJ in this game. It is every bit as critical a game for them. They haven't played well of late and now find themselves in a dog fight for their division. Nobody wants to face Ottawa in the first round. That team is really playing at the top of their game. I don't care what has happened in previous years with Ottawa, I would not want to see them early.

By no means is NJ just going to come in to Buffalo and lay down.

This game will be a scrap fest. I expect it to be ugly, ugly, ugly hockey at its best. The other 3 games have been 3-2 scores, so will this one.

Please Buffalo, get the first goal. It changes how NJ plays. Stay one goal ahead the whole game and they won't be able to play their game.

Kotalik and Paille are back tonight. :beer:

MacArthur is sick and won't play.

"Kotalik will play left wing with Chris Drury and Dainius Zubrus while Paille will play left wing on the fourth line with Adam Mair and Andrew Peters. Clarke MacArthur will miss the game with an illness that kept him out of practice yesterday."

Drury needs to show up. He's done nothing lately. Zubrus needs to finally settle in and find the net.

Miller needs to play very well, to outplay Brodeur. After calling out his team, if he's the number one player, it elevates his leadership status in the locker-room by leaps and bounds.

The guys as a team need to play 60 minutes. Forget about limping their way into first in the east. They now trail Nashville, and this is the game in hand with Detroit. I think I heard an analyst say recently that 3 of the last 4 cup winners took it on home ice in game 7. Lightning, Hurricanes and I can't remember.

Drury needs to show up. He's done nothing lately. Zubrus needs to finally settle in and find the net.

Miller needs to play very well, to outplay Brodeur. After calling out his team, if he's the number one player, it elevates his leadership status in the locker-room by leaps and bounds.

The guys as a team need to play 60 minutes. Forget about limping their way into first in the east. They now trail Nashville, and this is the game in hand with Detroit. I think I heard an analyst say recently that 3 of the last 4 cup winners took it on home ice in game 7. Lightning, Hurricanes and I can't remember.

ironically, i'm thinking it was the devils vs either ANA or COL

I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach, and it's not the poo-poo platter I had for lunch.

And that feeling means tonight is a virtual playoff game.

And that means we roll, we savage them, we split their breastbones like a Thanksgiving turkey, we scream like Banshees, knock the Devils into Queersville, 4-2, the second goal coming late and meaning little.

There you go. Write down the date. I am predicting a win!

I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach, and it's not the poo-poo platter I had for lunch.

And that means we roll, we savage them, we split their breastbones like a Thanksgiving turkey, we scream like Banshees, knock the Devils into Queersville, 4-2, the second goal coming late and meaning little.

I'm with you. But I'll go 3-2 with the last Buffalo goal mid-way third. Bufallo tallies one in each period. NJ gets theirs in the 2nd and third. Buffalo survives 6-on-4 to end it in a wild, wild finish.

Tallinder in the box on a make-up call. It is only the fourth penalty called all night...

I'm with you. But I'll go 3-2 with the last Buffalo goal mid-way third. Bufallo tallies one in each period. NJ gets theirs in the 2nd and third. Buffalo survives 6-on-4 to end it in a wild, wild finish.

Tallinder in the box on a make-up call. It is only the fourth penalty called all night...

I predict Pominville gets a goal and RJ says, "Forget Planned Parenthood, there's a baby booooooooom in Pominville!" Drury gets the game-winner on the power play, a puck hitting something or someone in front and beating Brodeur, maybe five-hole.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is some of the best Roby channeling I've seen since I had an 800 lb gorilla on my back with a nosebleed.

Archived